THL 5000 OctaCore MTK6592T,ROOT,RECOVERY.

Search This thread

Panick_mg

Feb 3, 2011
Nicosia
Hello everyone! In this thread you will find small review and tips related to the Thl 5000 smartphone.

ThL 5000 Smartphone Highlight:
- 5.0 inch screen, 1920 x 1080 pixel display
- Support 3G network: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz WCDMA 850/2100MHz
- MTK6592, Cortex-A7 Octa core,2.0GHz
- 13MP back camera + 5MP front camera
- 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM
- Android 4.4

ThL 5000 Smartphone Basic Parameter Information
Model: ThL 5000
Band: 2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
3G: WCDMA 850/2100MHz
Service Provide: Unlocked
Color: Black
Shell Material: Plastic
CPU: MTK6592, Cortex A7 octa core, 2.0GHz
GPU: Mali-450 MP4
ROM: 16GB
RAM: 2GB
Display Size: 5.0 Inch
Type: IPS, capacitive touch screen, Corning III gorilla glass, OGS technology
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels
Screen Color: 16000K Colors
Camera/Picture Resolution: Dual Cameras,5.0MP front camera, 13.0MP back camera with flashlight and auto focus, support full screen caputuring

ThL 5000 Smartphone Basic Function
Ringtones Type: Polyphonic/MP3
Audio File Format: MP3/WAV/AMR/AWB
Video File Format: 3GP/MPEG4
Image File Format: JPEG/BMP/GIF/PNG/GIF
E-book Format: TXT/CHM/DOC/HTML
FM Radio: Yes, earphone needed
Earphone Port: 3.5mm
Data Transfer & Connectivity
Data transfer: USB/Bluetooth
Mobile internet: WAP/WiFi
Phonebook: 500
Input: Handwrite/Keypad
TV: No
GPS: Yes, built in
JAVA: No
WIFI: Yes, 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth: Yes
Gravity Sensor: Yes
Multi-Touch: Yes, 5 point touch
Language: English, Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Mealyu, Cestina, Deutsch,Espanol, Filipino, Francais, Khmer, Italiano, Magyar, Nederalands, Portuguese, Romana,Vietnamese, Turkish, Greek, Russian, Hebrew, Arabic, Thai, Korean,Simplified/Traditional Chinese
Other Feature: 3G, WIFI, GPS, FM, Bluetooth, Ebook, Email, Messaging, wallpapers,calendar, calculator, clock, camera, tethering & portable hotspot, NFC, OTG, Play Store, etc

ThL 5000 Smartphone size: 144.2 x 70.4 x 8.9mm
ThL 5000 Smartphone Weight: 146g

ROOT:http://www.thlmobilestore.com/news/thl-mobile-phone-root-method/
After you root your phone you can install supersu from playstore and you ready.
You can also root it with the installation of twrp.

RECOVERY:http://www.needrom.com/mobile/recovery-twrp-2-7-1-0-kk-for-thl-5000/
Download from playstore and use MobileUncle to flash recovery, place .img file into root of your memory.
you have to have the twrp-2-7-1-0-kk-for-thl-5000 recovery.img file of your phone before you flash it put them in your sd card

Instruction :-
1 first root your phone
2 install mobile uncle tool.apk
3 open mobile uncle tool
4 select flash recovery then select the twrp-2-7-1-0-kk-for-thl-5000 recovery
5 then reboot your done with flashing recovery

Another way to install the twrp is with the flashtool, download it from needrom also download the factory rom from needrom, run the flash tool program locate the scatter file in the factory rom then go to recovery and locate the twrp file uncheck all the files except the recovery file ,then change to download only and press download, this procedure must be done without the phone connected, after you press the download button switch off your phone then keep pressing the red reset button behind the first sim slot insert the usb cable and then release the reset button the procedure should start if the procedure don’t start it means that you’re missing the preloaded drivers of mtk.
With this way you can also installed a factory rom.

Tips:Xposed Framework and Gravity box after the latest update v3.4.0 are working perfect.

For Titanium Backup and Mobileuncle to make it work,change the supersu,install this:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.superuser
if you want you can download the zip file and install it from twrp.

Factory roms:

http://www.needrom.com/download/thl-5000-16p128-mt6592t/
The latest version v1.0.8 can be update only from flash tool,fixed status bar lag,very fast more free ram,and wifi show connected but no internet access fixed.

Some pictures and info about the phone.

UBK7Zp.jpg

6odChy.jpg

80G5Lb.jpg

Hjs4Dl.jpg

uUc7hZ.jpg

KUe7Bw.jpg

h6wcON.jpg

wWsCzk.jpg

J7jgrl.jpg

w4pygn.jpg

DQt3ce.jpg

u3DCRT.jpg

vrBGpt.jpg

2treQM.jpg

wDVr7f.jpg

VbZjmr.jpg

Last edited:

jaw2floor

Jan 8, 2012
this phone is almost perfect! sucks there is not a 900/2100 3g unit :(

i'm predicting 10 hours screen on time

saken.sf

Apr 3, 2012
Lisbon
Thank you for this post, I'm considering this for my next phone and I was wandering about rom customization. The original rom is good?
I don't know this brand, I'm wondering if it is compatible with cyanogenmod or miui, do you know?

jaw2floor

Jan 8, 2012
Thank you for this post, I'm considering this for my next phone and I was wandering about rom customization. The original rom is good?
I don't know this brand, I'm wondering if it is compatible with cyanogenmod or miui, do you know?

Compatible with MIUI, it is easily ported throughout all mtk6592 devices. Not cyanogenmod though

Reactions: saken.sf

saken.sf

Apr 3, 2012
Lisbon
It seems that the major drawback for development is mediatek not releasing the source codes, but they seem to be trying to change, they opened the mediatek labs to give support to developers. Don't know how this will work though... I hope they finally release the source codes soon.

Edit: I've seen a video stating this phone has an amprius battery, it's a company that is supposed to be making major breakthroughs in battery development... anyone knows how to confirm this?

Last edited:

Mchael T.

Jul 17, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
this phone has an amprius battery,

This phone has a 4.35v 5000mAh 19.00Wh Silicon Anode Lithium-polymer (Li-po) Battery.
Amprius (Brand) is Lithium-ion (Li-ion) .... (Google it) ... http://www.amprius.com/

I'm leaving mine alone until the warranty runs out....Might root it though.
I'm just put in 'Next Launcher Pro' and using that rather than the MiUi.

Last edited:

Panick_mg

Feb 3, 2011
Nicosia
The original rom is actual pure android with some themes,if you install the xposed framework and gravity box you can edit the rom as cyanogenmod,about miui sure,cyanogenmod i do not think so.

luzer600

Aug 4, 2014
Im unable to root this phone
I have try this guide and also vroot and root genius
Someone wad able to root it and in which way?
Thank you

Panick_mg

Feb 3, 2011
Nicosia
I had root my phone with the tool that I had provide in instructions, does the tool recognize the phone? In some point after few minutes it will say thl 5000 and press the green button to proceed and root the phone.
Im unable to root this phone
I have try this guide and also vroot and root genius
Someone wad able to root it and in which way?
Thank you

luzer600

Aug 4, 2014
Yes I try this way and recognize the phone thl 5000 but doesnt work
I have use that on my thl t11 and on it it works but fail for my thl 5000 :(

Panick_mg

Feb 3, 2011
Nicosia
You can try a different way, just install the rcovery in the link that I have provide follow the instructions there and when you boot into recovery mode and exit it will ask you if you want to root your phone.
Yes I try this way and recognize the phone thl 5000 but doesnt work
I have use that on my thl t11 and on it it works but fail for my thl 5000 :(

luzer600

Aug 4, 2014
I have solved thanks the suggestion of a needrom user
I have made a factory reset then i have used Vroot (Chinese version) and the root works
Make that I install superuser from the play store which automatically replace the Chinese version of superuser
Thanks to everyone for the help

Dev-iL

Jul 27, 2014
OnePlus 5
Got 2 of those in the mail

<Sorry if this is a little off-topic>

My first concern was the GPS - so I rooted one of them, installed MT GPS EPO Fix, FasterGPS & GPS Status.
GPS seems to zero in after 2 seconds. I'd like to note that when "sensor filtering" was set to "none" in GPS Status, it would see the satellites but not acquire a fix. With any other option it's ok.

(I didn't test the performances before applying these mods - I'll try it with the other phone later)

MT GPS EPO Fix - h**ps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chxdev.mtgps&hl=en
FasterGPS - h**ps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.fastergps&hl=en
GPS Status - h**ps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2&hl=en

Last edited:

trueno92

Sep 12, 2012
Anyone get their fitbit working with this phone

I love my fitbit but its recently not working with this THL 5000 although its supposed to support BT LE...

anyone know how to fix this?

Panick_mg

Feb 3, 2011
Nicosia
I want to ask some other users of this phone, does anyone notice the lag of the notification bar sometimes it doesn't want to be slide open, is this only on my phone, and also the wifi after a while without using the phone somehow it shows that it's connected to the network but there is not internet and I switched on and then off the wifi and everything is ok, anyone?

FSN

Mar 14, 2012
Zurich, Switzerland
If you keep pressing power and volume up does it boot to recovery mode?

It didn't go to the recovery mode, but I got it to work again with the help of these posts:
XDA-Post
Needrom article

I want to ask some other users of this phone, does anyone notice the lag of the notification bar sometimes it doesn't want to be slide open, is this only on my phone, and also the wifi after a while without using the phone somehow it shows that it's connected to the network but there is not internet and I switched on and then off the wifi and everything is ok, anyone?

I had the same problem with the network, but it seems to be gone now. I don't know what is was related to

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone! In this thread you will find small review and tips related to the Thl 5000 smartphone.

ThL 5000 Smartphone Highlight:
    - 5.0 inch screen, 1920 x 1080 pixel display
    - Support 3G network: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz WCDMA 850/2100MHz
    - MTK6592, Cortex-A7 Octa core,2.0GHz
    - 13MP back camera + 5MP front camera
    - 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM
    - Android 4.4

ThL 5000 Smartphone Basic Parameter Information
    Model: ThL 5000
    Band: 2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
    3G: WCDMA 850/2100MHz
    Service Provide: Unlocked
    Color: Black
    Shell Material: Plastic
    CPU: MTK6592, Cortex A7 octa core, 2.0GHz
    GPU: Mali-450 MP4
    ROM: 16GB
    RAM: 2GB
    Display Size: 5.0 Inch
    Type: IPS, capacitive touch screen, Corning III gorilla glass, OGS technology
    Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels
    Screen Color: 16000K Colors
    Camera/Picture Resolution: Dual Cameras,5.0MP front camera, 13.0MP back camera with flashlight and auto focus, support full screen caputuring

ThL 5000 Smartphone Basic Function
    Ringtones Type: Polyphonic/MP3
    Audio File Format: MP3/WAV/AMR/AWB
    Video File Format: 3GP/MPEG4
    Image File Format: JPEG/BMP/GIF/PNG/GIF
    E-book Format: TXT/CHM/DOC/HTML
    FM Radio: Yes, earphone needed
    Earphone Port: 3.5mm
    Data Transfer & Connectivity
    Data transfer: USB/Bluetooth
    Mobile internet: WAP/WiFi
    Phonebook: 500
    Input: Handwrite/Keypad
    TV: No
    GPS: Yes, built in
    JAVA: No
    WIFI: Yes, 802.11 b/g/n
    Bluetooth: Yes
    Gravity Sensor: Yes
    Multi-Touch: Yes, 5 point touch
    Language: English, Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Mealyu, Cestina, Deutsch,Espanol, Filipino, Francais, Khmer, Italiano, Magyar, Nederalands, Portuguese, Romana,Vietnamese, Turkish, Greek, Russian, Hebrew, Arabic, Thai, Korean,Simplified/Traditional Chinese
    Other Feature: 3G, WIFI, GPS, FM, Bluetooth, Ebook, Email, Messaging, wallpapers,calendar, calculator, clock, camera, tethering & portable hotspot, NFC, OTG, Play Store, etc

ThL 5000 Smartphone size: 144.2 x 70.4 x 8.9mm
    ThL 5000 Smartphone Weight: 146g

ROOT:http://www.thlmobilestore.com/news/thl-mobile-phone-root-method/
    After you root your phone you can install supersu from playstore and you ready.
    You can also root it with the installation of twrp.

RECOVERY:http://www.needrom.com/mobile/recovery-twrp-2-7-1-0-kk-for-thl-5000/
    Download from playstore and use MobileUncle to flash recovery, place .img file into root of your memory.
    you have to have the twrp-2-7-1-0-kk-for-thl-5000 recovery.img file of your phone before you flash it put them in your sd card

Instruction :-
    1 first root your phone
    2 install mobile uncle tool.apk
    3 open mobile uncle tool
    4 select flash recovery then select the twrp-2-7-1-0-kk-for-thl-5000 recovery
    5 then reboot your done with flashing recovery

Another way to install the twrp is with the flashtool, download it from needrom also download the factory rom from needrom, run the flash tool program locate the scatter file in the factory rom then go to recovery and locate the twrp file uncheck all the files except the recovery file ,then change to download only and press download, this procedure must be done without the phone connected, after you press the download button switch off your phone then keep pressing the red reset button behind the first sim slot insert the usb cable and then release the reset button the procedure should start if the procedure don’t start it means that you’re missing the preloaded drivers of mtk.
    With this way you can also installed a factory rom.

Tips:Xposed Framework and Gravity box after the latest update v3.4.0 are working perfect.

For Titanium Backup and Mobileuncle to make it work,change the supersu,install this:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.superuser
    if you want you can download the zip file and install it from twrp.

Factory roms:

http://www.needrom.com/download/thl-5000-16p128-mt6592t/
    The latest version v1.0.8 can be update only from flash tool,fixed status bar lag,very fast more free ram,and wifi show connected but no internet access fixed.

Some pictures and info about the phone.

UBK7Zp.jpg

6odChy.jpg

80G5Lb.jpg

Hjs4Dl.jpg

uUc7hZ.jpg

KUe7Bw.jpg

h6wcON.jpg

wWsCzk.jpg

J7jgrl.jpg

w4pygn.jpg

DQt3ce.jpg

u3DCRT.jpg

vrBGpt.jpg

2treQM.jpg

wDVr7f.jpg

VbZjmr.jpg
    pls can you tell US how?

1. Backup your current ROM including System, Data, Cache, Nvram, Boot, Internal SD Card, and Recovery using TWRP recovery. Optional you can just backup only System and Data.

2. Download the EBR files for MT6592 here that meet your need:
    a. 4GB http://www.4shared.com/rar/eqGWWk5Ice/ebr_4gb_kitkat.html
    b. 8GB http://www.4shared.com/zip/On3aQgjJba/Ebr_8gb-kitkat.html
    c. 10GB http://www.4shared.com/zip/yk1mwbmoce/Ebr_10gb_kitkat.html
    d. 13GB http://www.4shared.com/zip/OdVk0FR1ba/Ebr_13gb_kitkat.html

3. Extract the file to your computer. Inside the zip file there are two EBR files.

4. Turn off your phone and press the reset button behind SIM 1 for about 10 seconds.

5. Open SP Flash Tool and load scatter file.

6. Locate the extracted EBR 1 and EBR 2 and make sure you just check the said files in SP Flash Tool.

7. Click the download button in SP Flash Tool and connect your phone via USB cable.

8. If successful, the green circle will appear in SP Flash Tool. If not, then needed driver was not installed. Please install the driver first.

9. Disconnect the phone and press the reset button for about 10 seconds.

10. Boot into recovery by holding the volume up and press the power button while still holding the volume up button.

11. Go to Wipe-File System and click Repair / Change File System. Select only System partition then Change File System to EXT4. Reboot recovery. Just skip the "No OS installed" and "Install Root?" prompts.

12. Repeat #11 step but this time choose Cache partition. The same step goes with Data partition. Don't forget to reboot recovery after changing file system.

13. For Internal SD Card change file system to FAT and, again, reboot recovery.

14. Go to Wipe and do Factory Reset.

15. Then go to Restore in recovery and restore your previously backed up file. Choose to restore only System and Data.

16. Reboot your phone.

17. Enjoy your new Internal Storage size.
    :cool:

1411420852096.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

I've also repartitioned the phone, but chose a more conservative size. 6GB to system and 8 GB as SD.
    Isn't that too much for System?
    [ROM][5.1.1] CyanogenMod 12.1 Alpha 0.1 for THL 5000

Code:
    /*
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

I've ported CM12.1 for our beloved THL 5000. There are some small bugs that should be easy to fix except the video recording (which maybe will be fixed by @fire855, who originally brought CM12.1 to MTK6592 devices and whose port is my source). As I depend on my phone nearly every day and can't afford another one, I won't continue porting / fixing. But I'm pretty sure the small bugs can be fixed by the community.

Bugs
    • off-state-charging not available
    • Video recording (en/decoding) [use 3rd party app; will be fixed soon be fire855]
    • apk installation is very slow
    • laggy scrolling
    • simcard settings get lost after reboot [unconfirmed]
    • no battery usage statistics [unconfirmed]

Download
    Installation
    1. Download the ROM
    2. Download GApps package
    3. Put the zip files on your SDCard
    4. Reboot in Recovery
    5. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    6. Install CM12 zip file
    7. Install GApps zip file
    8. Reboot system
    9. Enjoy CyanogenMod 12 :).

Credits
    Big THANKS to:
    @fire855
    @m@nish123
    CyanogenMod Team

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-08-18
    Last Updated 2015-08-26

Just to confirm, I have never had this issue.

The only problem I have ever had was with the Gallery FC, but it was because there were no images taken with the camera yet.

My wifi has never dropped or had any issue losing its connection to any network, and thats with bt on all the time as well, and also again off all the time. I noticed the connectivity of the unit to be very stable.

I would think the lag of the notification bar could be a touch problem, but to make sure, try to remove the screen protector, as I have taken mine off but also have not experienced any issues.

My review of the unit:

would like to hear your feedback if you agree or disagree with any of my opinions shared in my review!!

I have had the worst WORST case of strep throat Ever, but here is my TEXT review...

again, if YOU MUST NEED LTE, this handset is not for you.. in the GTA/North and downtown I have never felt 3g was too slow ever, and I never turned on LTE on my iPhone5 cuz, well I wanted it to last all day, but anyway, this is my first stab at Android on a phone as a daily driver..

THL 5000 Review.

I have a few Android powered devices. A 2012 Nexus 7, a Galaxy Tab 3, and a fully operational HP Touchpad on Ice Cream Sandwich. For a phone, however, I have been using an iPhone of some iteration since 2009. I never found Android to be a stable, consistent and responsive platform to be used daily, as a phone.

My iPhone5 changed that when it failed due to repeated charging (due to an utterly pathetic battery), and damaged the system board (u2 ic failure, most likely).

Looking for an alternative, but never being one to care for the OMG YOU have that most fastest phone!!?!? in the last 3 years, I can say that there is no perfect phone. Some are thinner, faster, more responsive, larger screen etc, but recognizing these trade-offs, I picked up the THL 5000 from first-tier vendor: IMAGING DRAGON, on Ali Express.

photo.jpg

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1197502

NOTE: I chose IMAGING DRAGON due to their fast processing time, excellent English communication and prompt response to all my email concerns. By the time other vendors would be processing the order (7-10 days), I already had my phone, in my hand and it was professionally packaged, all items as described, in NEW condition, no stuck/dead pixels! I know my next handset will be from them if I get bored of the THL 5000.

znEiyoz5YRB_F5ZYGztYckAOBeWFuTCU_JSRUwtOYp0=s592-no

I have been called a power-user… I did a lot of photo and video editing/authoring on the iPhone and the battery never satisfied me. My daily routine would consist of having WAZE GPS running while STREAMING podcasts on my commute to work and have it paired to my car via Bluetooth. As a comparison, my iPhone would be at 84% when I got to work. The same apps on a Samsung S3 on kitkat was at 47%. The THL 5000 is at a whopping 93% using the same apps and same run time!

Screen
    5 inch
    441 PPI
    Screen Resolution 1,920 x 1,080 pixels
    Display Technology FHD
    Ambient Light Sensor
    Multi Touch
    Proximity Sensor

The THL has a vibrant 1920x1088 441dpi IPS screen. It looks great at every angle and its resolution bests retina resolution displays from iPhone. I have never had a problem with any lines or stuck pixels! no yellow banding etc. Its a great display and I don’t see any ghosting or weird artifacts etc.

The Camera
    f1.8 Exmor RS Sony IMX135 13mp 5-element lens assy

A Sony sourced IMX135 imaging sensor provides excellent image capturing and video. It does 1080p video capture and in varying light conditions has good sensitivity. I impulsively set all the settings in the camera as the iPhone doesn’t have any settings but after extensive testing, I found that the night-mode works well for low-light conditions and automode for everything else. The Camera application is decent and has quite a few options but again, they mainly don’t need to be adjusted much as the hardware works it out for you. I have some picture samples but they seem to have been compressed a bit once sent/hosted.
    The front camera deserves mention as it is one of the first phone cameras that has recognized the whole ‘selfie’ is now a ‘thing’, and brings an 88-degree wide-angle lens. This is awesome and I bet this is going to be on every phone going forward. Pics with a significant other can now also capture the background and no longer do you need to stretch your arm to squeeze the other face in the shot. There isn’t any odd distortions and facial features aren’t out of proportion. Both cameras work great and are worth the price-alone just to be a memory-capturing companion.

IMG_20140801_190446.jpg

IMG_20140801_191105.jpg

IMG_20140802_123828.jpg

Build Quality
    Phone Depth 8.9 mm
    Weight 146 grams
    Dimensions 144.2 mm x 70.4 mm x 8.9 mm

The handset is on-par with the latest flagship handsets that have a removable backplate. The finish on the back is quite resistant to finger prints as it has a textured finish thats really makes the shiny smooth backing of the Galaxy s3/s4 seem dated. There are no odd creaks or squeaking from squeezing the phone or removing the backplate. The screen is incredibly smooth and is claimed to be made from the 3rd version of twice-tempered Gorilla Glass from Corning. It feels upscale with a black-chrome band around the perimeter of boarder adding to a classy exterior. Seeing as the design is just a triangle with rounded corners, I can see THL is trying to make the best out of an otherwise very familiar design that the Android mobile-device market has seen re-hashed all around.

Battery
    Anaode Lithium Polymer
    Screenshot_2014-08-05-22-47-08.png

5000mAh. Thats 1300mAh shy of my HP touchpad and 1000mAh more than my 7” Galaxy Tab 3. The battery is no joke on this thing but I don’t use my phone heavy enough to crush it in the 16 hrs that I am awake/day. I use high-draw applications like the camera, some video watching and the podcast streaming/GPS/Bluetooth killer combo, I think I could get up to 2 days use from this. The Camera and gallery do use quite a bit of battery as does powering the screen. Standby if you are doing web and occasional message/web browsing, could probably see a full 3 days without an issue. I do turn off the handset for 5 hours at night while charging. Screenshots are attached but I think the real energy hog is the camera, screen and gps... similar to all android devices.. and possibly the octa-core chipset when all 8 cores are running full-tilt.

Processor
    MT6592, 2.0ghz, 2gig RAM

The octacore chipset does show some lag but its seldom and when it does its only noticeable because the handset is just so responsive everywhere else. I have quite enjoyed using it daily for web-browsing and various apps and mainly because of the speed of the MT6592 Octa-core chipset. Its smooth and fast and I have had no complaints. I guess its 8 cores do get a bit thirsty because its clocked at its upper limit being 2.0ghz, but the CPU governor does try to keep things in control and only ramps up when needed. It has to get its power from somewhere and the battery, albeit huge, is just like strapping on a bigger fuel tank to an engine with more cylinders. Its fast and I haven’t had any FC for apps due to heat or other bugs.

Connectivity
    Wifi connects quickly and has considerable range. I have never had any problems with signal drops and get the same range as my iPhone5 and more range than my Galaxy S3 or Nexus 7. Speed is very fast.
    Same can be said for GPS and bluetooth connections and even simultaneous connections don’t do any weird things like what I have heard from other Chinese handsets. (dropped connections, GPS takes long to lock-on target etc)
    Compass is accurate.
    Networks
    3G (HSDPA/CDMA)
    Edge/2G (GSM/GPRS)
    CDMA Networks

850 MHz
    2100 MHz
    GSM Networks

850 MHz
    900 MHz
    1800 MHz
    1900 MHz

Handset speaker is decently loud and the quality is good. Earpiece is also decent, but not as full bodied sounding as the iPhone.

Android Extras
    KitKat 4.4.2
    The camera app mentioned is full featured, having various scene modes, exposure and zoom settings. The app also allows for pretty extensive editing of the picture after its shot, which is pretty good as far as android camera apps go. The LG G2 had the same sensor but a completely over-simplified app that made it difficult to capture pictures in anything else but ideal light. The THL 5000 doens’t have this problem!

Smart Gestures

Drawing or tapping the screen can unlock or start different apps. Its an OK gimmick, but I can see it being useful as the swipe-up to unlock can be handy or drawing ‘c’ to launch the camera, in saving a second or two.

OK GOOGLE is also enabled full time and can be initiated anytime the handset is unlocked.

Both of these features are on all the time and probably contribute to significant battery use, but I predict 3% over 8hrs of standby when the phone is just idle.

OTG is a nice-to-have that could come in handy for copying stuff to/from a memory stick, or simply connecting a mouse for… well I am not sure why I would do this but I guess I could use my monster 5000mah battery to charge my wife’s iPhone in a pinch…

Extras in the Box

20140804_001511.jpg

PICTURE TAKEN WITH GALAXY S3

Imaging Dragon included some cool extras such as the OTG adapter/keychain thing as well as a flip-case and a nicer silicone case. First, the silicone case is top-shelf. Its not some Dollar-store, I got 3 for $1 type of case. It has a crystal clear for the front half that boarders the frame of the phone and the rear half of the same silicone is frosted. It allows the black-chrome bezel to be seen through its crystal clear protective boarder. Its also not made of that crap silicone that attracts pocket-lint like a magnet. Its smart looking and perfect fitting and really works with the phone for days you may not want to go out naked! I have not ever had an iPhone case that had worked so well WITH the phone.
    Now, the flip-case uses a substitute backing cover and I guess would be nice if I carried my phone in a purse…

20140804_001410.jpg

20140804_001453.jpg

16gig Micro SD is genuine Sandisk and thats nice to know as its not some off-brand that could damage the phone or lose your data or cause problems down the road.

Overall

The THL 5000 is a good phone to move to if 4g data is not your main concern. Rogers in Toronto is pretty fast as 3g and coverage is better as well. I think the iPhone days are numbered and Android handsets are going to feel this Chinese wave of phones now with OnePlus One and Xiaomi. These new handsets are like the Korean flip-phones of the early pre-iPhone era - smart, well-executed and well packaged hardware that is capable and powerful enough to be no longer a lesser product but a competitive adversary for the bigger players in the market. Its going to hit like a ping-pong powerhouse from China, fast, quick and you won’t even know its coming until its already passed you - with not much of a warning-shot at all.
    Good news guys. Im asking one member of porting team to help me. One more helping hand. I hope both bugs will be fixed. SystemUi Fc and video recording. Pleas stay patiented. I relase no bugged Rom, but fast bug free as possible. This is harded my work. Not my first and no last rom. Im learning porting and fixing