[Resources] Flashing your First GSM Raphael Rom (For Noobs)

Search This thread

DanWys

Nov 13, 2008
SPL still 5.10 after Manual hardSPL

I copied the manual hardSPL to the Fuze, ran from Fuze (only way to run it), and Fuze went black. How can you run manuall RRU from PC when there is no connection to Fuze, Fuze is off?

Did soft reset <down arrow key> and < reset > get same old damn thing I always get, SPL 5.10, then it goes into a white screen with the blue text ( Loading... ) which I have left for hours at end, at which point I am afraid to see what will happen if I let battery die, so I do a <reset> only and it's back to where I was.

I guess I am lucky so far I have not "bricked" phone. I am trying everything I can think of and could really use some help...

So far I have tried;

• 3 different PCs
  • 3 different USB cables
  • with and w/out any anti virus software
  • Hard SPL
  • Manual SPL

Not sure really how to use Manual SPL, so maybe someone could give some tips here?

Thanks,

Dan

DanWys

Nov 13, 2008
Active Sync 2.5

Nishant,

Where do you get ASync 2.5 program?

Microsoft has a PDF on it, but there is no program like this to download, just ASync 4.5

THere is lots of shareware/freeware ActiveSnyc out there but not the MicroSoft 2.5, can't figure out where I can download? Is there an alternative program you would suggest?

I tried installing dot net 2, and it says program is already installed?

Should I use Add/Remove programs to remove:
  • .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
  • .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2

Then should I uninstall 2.0 SvrcPck 2 and re-install it?

Thanks,

Dan

DanWys

Nov 13, 2008
Successful ROM Update!!!!!

I got it to WinMo 6.5

It finally worked on 3rd PC.

My mistakes:
  • No Olinex HardSPL on TriColour Screen
  • Trying to load the Auto HardSPL Olinex whilst having a ROM trying to boot from MicroSD card.

If you really follow the instructions to the letter! It helps alot.

I do believe though I tried this same process on my 1st PC, so maybe some kind of Anti-Virus was giving me a Comm error, but when I went to clean PC with no Anti-Virus everything worked once I pulled micro-SD out of the Fuze, becuase it had a RUU and IMG file trying to load, but no Hard SPL to allow for the new ROM to update.

Dan

wsgbane

Nov 13, 2008
Super noob here.

I flashed my Fuze to TAEL ROM Sense edition (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=585129) and had no problems when following the steps in the original post of this thread. Thanks.

Unfortunately GPSTest gives me a "Looking for GPS Unit" message after flashing to this. I've changed the settings to many things and to no avail. I wanted to know:

- Is this problem ROM related or is it related to the recent flashing?
- Should I change the radio? (Currently have 1.14.25.35)

I'm shooting in the dark as what was once a simple problem before flashing (changing the COM port) is not seemingly impossible.

madnish30

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2009
New Delhi-India.
I got it to WinMo 6.5

It finally worked on 3rd PC.

My mistakes:
  • No Olinex HardSPL on TriColour Screen
  • Trying to load the Auto HardSPL Olinex whilst having a ROM trying to boot from MicroSD card.

If you really follow the instructions to the letter! It helps alot.

I do believe though I tried this same process on my 1st PC, so maybe some kind of Anti-Virus was giving me a Comm error, but when I went to clean PC with no Anti-Virus everything worked once I pulled micro-SD out of the Fuze, becuase it had a RUU and IMG file trying to load, but no Hard SPL to allow for the new ROM to update.

Dan

glad it worked.
and even glader you figured out for yourself.
sorry i was out for a day.

so the moral : read each step and follow exactly the same way as mentioned.

all the best enjoy flashing :)

madnish30

Apr 22, 2009
New Delhi-India.
Super noob here.

I flashed my Fuze to TAEL ROM Sense edition (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=585129) and had no problems when following the steps in the original post of this thread. Thanks.

Unfortunately GPSTest gives me a "Looking for GPS Unit" message after flashing to this. I've changed the settings to many things and to no avail. I wanted to know:

- Is this problem ROM related or is it related to the recent flashing?
- Should I change the radio? (Currently have 1.14.25.35)

I'm shooting in the dark as what was once a simple problem before flashing (changing the COM port) is not seemingly impossible.

this is a ROM related issue please ask TAEL the chef.
Though i can tell you that in GPS settings should be
on COM4
Baud rate:4800
And windows should be allowed to manage gps.

Please post in the correct forum.

Milx

Mar 31, 2009
Newbie Here

After Listening To your Tutorial Feel like its Easy.. but i have few Question to ask. Ok First im from Malaysia and i just Bought a 2nd Hand HTC TP AT&T set which its not official malaysia set. and i think it has already been flash with custom rom and unlocked to work on my country GSm provider cause i can use it here.. can i just flash it again with another custome rom ? do i need to unlock the sim thing again ? Please Advice ? and have any idea which is the best rom for now and good for my country ?

And If i can the the tricolour screen with onilex..mean i can straight away do step four ?

Last edited:

whitneydiane

Jan 5, 2010
AHHH!

Hallelujah, i did it! Whew. I was trying this at 4am this morning, and i felt like a complete and utter dumbass. Thanks for the tut.:D

htcproDummies

Jan 7, 2010
please advice, wanna flash my htc pro!

Hello there, i am a new Dumm user of Htc pro :)

The phone use this
rom version 1.90.405.1 WWE
rom date 08/01/08
radio version 1.02.25.19
protocol version 52.33.25.17U

Well my phone sucks! It is full of bugs, it freezes many times and it is
extremely slow!!!

Can you please advise which is the best current rom,more fast and stable to update?

Please be honest ;)
thank's!!

aleksemka

Dec 24, 2009
Skopje
www.myspace.com
HTC Touch PRO

I have a problem,i can not connect my phone HTC Touch Pro on my PC(Windows Vista),I am running a OS Windows Mobile 6.5 CE OS 5.2.21234 (Build 21234.5.0.1) I have installed Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 but doesn't work and can not connect.I really don't know what is the problem.Can somebody help me???? Please send me an e-mail on (astamenkovski@yahoo.com)

Thank's anyway.
Regards Aleksandar.

madnish30

Apr 22, 2009
New Delhi-India.
Hallelujah, i did it! Whew. I was trying this at 4am this morning, and i felt like a complete and utter dumbass. Thanks for the tut.:D

Great tutorial...i did it too ^^

Great guys !
Enjoy flashing !
:D
Welcome to XDA.

Hello there, i am a new Dumm user of Htc pro :)

The phone use this
rom version 1.90.405.1 WWE
rom date 08/01/08
radio version 1.02.25.19
protocol version 52.33.25.17U

Well my phone sucks! It is full of bugs, it freezes many times and it is
extremely slow!!!

Can you please advise which is the best current rom,more fast and stable to update?

Please be honest ;)
thank's!!

ROMs can be good for one but bad for another.
That totally depends on your taste and the functions you want to draw out of your phone.
There are some people who like speed and stability some who like Bling.
The only way to get to know whats your style is to try all.
This can not be debated as in the pasts many people have asked this question and there have been heated arguments as one user would obviously defend and support the ROM he is using while the other would say that his/her ROM is better..
Though i can tell you that there are the popular ones which are
Chrome ROMs ( my signature )
Energy ROMs
Tael ROMs
Exquisite ROMs
Captain's ROMs

They all have different varriants such as with manila 2.1 or manila 2.5
They are all based on different buillds from microsoft.
Some are loaded with goodies and looks.
Some are plain and simple.
You must try and discover for yourself.

Enoy flashing :)

roticanai

Jan 3, 2010
Dear Experts,

So i got this Raphael few days ago (2nd hand, one year old). I believe the phone is at a very default status (the user i bought from never install anything). So here is some information about it:
  • Windows Mobile 6.1
  • R 1.02.25.19
  • G 52.33.25.17U
  • D 1.90.00.00

Im located at Malaysia (Asia) and the phone more commonly called the touch pro.

So my question is, after the flashing of custom ROM provided here (i'm glad i found this website :) am i still able to use it with my service provider? My provider name is DIGI.

This is the only thing i worried about. I can't wait to see my phone with custom ROM installed!

Your reply is very appreciated...

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
I have a problem,i can not connect my phone HTC Touch Pro on my PC(Windows Vista),I am running a OS Windows Mobile 6.5 CE OS 5.2.21234 (Build 21234.5.0.1) I have installed Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 but doesn't work and can not connect.I really don't know what is the problem.Can somebody help me???? Please send me an e-mail on (astamenkovski@yahoo.com)

Thank's anyway.
Regards Aleksandar.
Moved your post to the noobs thread. Your question doesn't belong in ROM threads. You'll also want to avoid posting your e-mail address in open forum - the spambots love that :rolleyes:

bmx frewak

Aug 15, 2009
i have tried all of these methods on my RAPH110 (htc fuze) with 5 different roms and was unsucessfull each time! anyone have any advice why and how to make any of those 5 roms work? please write and help!

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
i have tried all of these methods on my RAPH110 (htc fuze) with 5 different roms and was unsucessfull each time! anyone have any advice why and how to make any of those 5 roms work? please write and help!
More information needed if you want help.

Have you successfully flashed HardSPL first? (if you have then please confirm this by going into the bootloader and copying the SPL version)
What Roms did you try to flash?
What methods did you try and where exactly did it go wrong.

Torakiki83

Jul 10, 2008
Milan
www.bikeracing.it
I'm having a problem at the very beginning. I can't download Raphael HardSPL.zip 'cause Rapidshare won't let me. It says there's too many people downloading - no free slots. So could anyone please host that file on 4shared or mediafire please?

Thx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Will Flashing my ROM remove Windows Mobile and tf3d? Or is it just like upgrading a BIOS/Kernal on a computer?

but you should look for the rom you want to install.. many of the developers who cook together roms usualy makes the rom faster by deleting stuff and adding tweaks.. most of the raphael rom from most of the developers do contain tf3d.. just read through some of the threads of roms you find and chose the one you would like.. you could always change rom if there is some you dont like..- but do read the first page of this thread to be aware of the prosess...