[Q] "Unfortunately, app has stopped..."

Search This thread

ktouy

May 24, 2012
Pinar
Hi, i have a problem with many apps, and really i don't know what else to do, this start out of nowhere, a few days ago the message "unfortunately, (app) has stopped.." it's making me crazy.

i've try to flash another rom, kernel, restore backups, wipe cache, dalvik, data, and nothing.

i've try cyanogenmod 9, gummy, slimICS, dark night, and icy glitch kernel, devil kernel, and many other.

for example,the titanium backup, shows me the message every 30 minutes, the CK: zombies, doesn't start anymore, youtube too, minecraft pocket edition, play store, and many apps.

please i need some help, before i pull my captivate away

THANKS!

Last edited:

RootTheMachine

Oct 4, 2011
Try opening Terminal Emulator, and type "df". Next to /datadata, see how much free space there is. If it is less than 15-20MB, you're going to want to move some apps to the sd card, or apply a datafix script.

Reactions: ktouy

patrick8996

Dec 29, 2011
Oregon
I've had this happen to me with tibu try restoring all the apps without data and then see if they FC if they don't then you know what's causing them to FC. I'm afraid your going to have to set up all your apps again. That's what I had to do.

Sent From My ICS Cappy Using Tapatalk 2

ktouy

May 24, 2012
Pinar
I've had this happen to me with tibu try restoring all the apps without data and then see if they FC if they don't then you know what's causing them to FC. I'm afraid your going to have to set up all your apps again. That's what I had to do.

Sent From My ICS Cappy Using Tapatalk 2

i've did what you recommend i wipe all data again, format sdcard, emmc, delete all my data and flash again, install one by one and test it, some apps work and some sill not working, and now appear something like system is not responding... wait or close.. and in my case i use apex luncher, apear "apex ... stop working..." these two did not appear before.

RootTheMachine

Oct 4, 2011
i've did what you recommend i wipe all data again, format sdcard, emmc, delete all my data and flash again, install one by one and test it, some apps work and some sill not working, and now appear something like system is not responding... wait or close.. and in my case i use apex luncher, apear "apex ... stop working..." these two did not appear before.

You didn't need to wipe your cards... Basically the problem is your Tibu backups were probably done with improper settings, and the data cannot be restored. Restoring just the app should still work though. You are going to have to start over again.

This is only correct if the apps won't even open

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA

ktouy

May 24, 2012
Pinar
You didn't need to wipe your cards... Basically the problem is your Tibu backups were probably done with improper settings, and the data cannot be restored. Restoring just the app should still work though. You are going to have to start over again.

This is only correct if the apps won't even open

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA

maybe i wasn't clear, i don't restore the titanium backups, i install apps one by one, clean installs from play store. and the message "system stop working" or something like that appear before i install the first app, when the first boot on setup wizzard, the setup wizzard stop and show me that message.

Last edited:

sthodupunuri

Mar 6, 2011
Hi, i have a problem with many apps, and really i don't know what else to do, this start out of nowhere, a few days ago the message "unfortunately, (app) has stopped.." it's making me crazy.

i've try to flash another rom, kernel, restore backups, wipe cache, dalvik, data, and nothing.

i've try cyanogenmod 9, gummy, slimICS, dark night, and icy glitch kernel, devil kernel, and many other.

for example,the titanium backup, shows me the message every 30 minutes, the CK: zombies, doesn't start anymore, youtube too, minecraft pocket edition, play store, and many apps.

please i need some help, before i pull my captivate away

THANKS!

do you have the low data notification? If you do, keep moving apps to sd until it goes away; then, reboot. I've had this problem a few times when i first flashed to ICS.

ktouy

May 24, 2012
Pinar
do you have the low data notification? If you do, keep moving apps to sd until it goes away; then, reboot. I've had this problem a few times when i first flashed to ICS.

Yes i had it and i move all the apps i can to sd and the issue still happend sometimes

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

schmittfaced

Nov 7, 2012
Same issue, with Gallery/Camera

ok, so i'm on Tsunami 2.0 running devil kernel, this issue started while i was on AOCP, whenever i open the camera app, it immediatly says Unfortunately, Gallery Has Stopped. so i tried reflashing the gapps, same issue, tried flashing the 4.2 gapps, same issue, so i wiped everything and switched to the AOKP Tsunami ROM that im on now, (gapps built in) and SAME FREAKIN ISSUE....any ideas guys? (im pretty experienced with android and flashing roms, i've got a buddy who is rediculously experienced with it, and neither of us can figure this out)

EDIT : Just tried the picasa synk option in Tsunami OTA menu, same issue. i cant post this on the thread for my ROM, cuz i haven posted enough.....HELP

Last edited:

4-2ndtwin

Dec 18, 2010
What about go to the Settings/ Applications/ All/ Gallery...select Clear cache and then Force stop. Then back out to home screen and open camera ?? See if that fixes the problem.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

Last edited:

schmittfaced

Nov 7, 2012
=[

that was one of the first things i tried, and have done it several times since, still no luck....then i was gonna try and download a different camera app, and im getting server error on the play store....WTF. gonna try and reflash my gapps now, see if it improves anything.

EDIT: play store is working, downloaded Camera MX, it loads, but only shows black when trying to take a photo....i know that the camera physically works, i've been able to snap pictures and videos in the past.....

Last edited:

schmittfaced

Nov 7, 2012
?? Idk what the deal is...but if all else fails, i suggest flashing back to Stock KK4 Full wipe ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=18370912 ) then flashin KK4 Corn Kernel version 7.0A ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=18233847 ), then flash ur Rom of choice.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

Yeah, that was gonna be my next step, was hoping for an easier solution, lol....STOCK here we come! thanks for your advice, it'll be tomorrow before i get a chance to flash back, but i'll update with the results.

Reactions: 4-2ndtwin

Top Liked Posts