[Q] Very strange issue..

Search This thread

omricn

Aug 7, 2010
jerusalem
Guys I really need your help..
I have factory reset my device about an hour ago, just because I've upgraded it to 4.4.2 the other day and wanted a clean install.
everything is fine except an issue which at first seems app related but I really think it's the OS:
I installed swiftkey keyboard, and when trying to download language packs it always says "download failed", well of course I thought there must be a problem with swiftkey's servers, then I downloaded beautiful widgets, tried to download theme packs, they just say "downloading" and never finish, then I downloaded Zedge, tried to download a wallpaper\ringtone - "download failed"..
Seems to be something related to permissions maybe?

galaxy s4 i9500. 4.4.2, Rooted

Atasever

Feb 25, 2014
Guys I really need your help..
I have factory reset my device about an hour ago, just because I've upgraded it to 4.4.2 the other day and wanted a clean install.
everything is fine except an issue which at first seems app related but I really think it's the OS:
I installed swiftkey keyboard, and when trying to download language packs it always says "download failed", well of course I thought there must be a problem with swiftkey's servers, then I downloaded beautiful widgets, tried to download theme packs, they just say "downloading" and never finish, then I downloaded Zedge, tried to download a wallpaper\ringtone - "download failed"..
Seems to be something related to permissions maybe?

galaxy s4 i9500. 4.4.2, Rooted

i had similar issue. when i try download something on whatsapp or zedge always says download failed. I read some post about it and i guess the problem source is sdcard partition is crashed. I changed my ROM and the problem gone.

omricn

Aug 7, 2010
jerusalem
I also read about this, seems it has something to do with the way 4.4.2 manages the sd card partition, I tried the fix in the thread, but it didnt work, this is insane, I dont have an external card, so why does the phone think the sd card partition is an external card?? nothing works now!