[Completed] nook hd + help please.. I think I bricked it..sorry for being such a noob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

hydro6773

Jun 7, 2014
Sorry for being such a noob. I bought a nook hd + looks like it had twrp on it. I tried to factory default it a messed it up. I got it to boot into cwm recovery I think. It installed the extras zip and unknown sources zip but when I tried to install the cwm zip it failed.. it was previously stuck on thecyanoboot universal loader screen. I dont know what to do.im u sure 8f 7 br7cked it or erased the os o it. I dont know what to do. Please any help will be appreciated greatly.

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Looking through the book HD forums I doubt you are bricked, but without ever using one myself I'd rather not try to give you the appropriate steps. Rather I would suggest to ask in the q&a forum here
http://xdaforums.com/nook-hd/help
There are also rooting guides in the developer section of this forum that look like you will just need to do a few steps to get up and running again.
Just read through and if you are uncertain how to proceed best to ask first
Best of luck!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: hydro6773

hydro6773

Jun 7, 2014
Looking through the book HD forums I doubt you are bricked, but without ever using one myself I'd rather not try to give you the appropriate steps. Rather I would suggest to ask in the q&a forum here
There are also rooting guides in the developer section of this forum that look like you will just need to do a few steps to get up and running again.
Best of luck!

Thanks for the info. I was looking around and I was wondering if there is a way to determine if my eemc (whatever that is) is dead. I sincerely apologize for being such a noob. I previously rooted a nook hd+ from stock by using cwm without an problems, but i was still very nervous about doing it. I have no experience with twrp that was on this nook hd+, and my plan was to wipe it and get it back onto stock. and then use cwm to reroot it. but of course i screwed it up. Here is exactly what happens when I power the NHD+ (Nook hd+):

power on (with the bootable sd card i made from the previously successful rooted nook on stock)

nook logo
cyanoboot universal boot loader

then it goes right into cwm-based recovery v6.0.208 for hd+ (stock)
my available choices are:

- reboot system now
-install zip from sdcard
-install zip from sideload
-wipe data/factory reset
-wipe cache partition
-backup and restore
-mounts and storage
-advanced

and at the bottom of the screen i see

cwm-based recovery v6.0.208 for hd+ (stock)

is this a bad thing???

hydro6773

Jun 7, 2014
Also I dont know if this makes any difference when I reboot the NHD+ without the sdcard in i pretty much see the same available choices but the only difference is the info at the top and bottom of the screen. without the sdcard in i see:

EMMC cwm-based recovery v6.0.3.6 is at the top

EMMC cwm-based recovery v6.0.3.6
Warning: No file_contexts

What does this even mean???

Am I up the $#!+ creek??

Thanks for any advice and insight.

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Also I dont know if this makes any difference when I reboot the NHD+ without the sdcard in i pretty much see the same available choices but the only difference is the info at the top and bottom of the screen. without the sdcard in i see:

Am I up the $#!+ creek??

Hi again,
I'm still not thinking you are bricked but if you are there appears to be a fix discussed here
Our Mission at XDA-Assist to help yo find your way but not to help specifically trouble shoot your issue
The mission of XDA Assist is to provide basic help to those who have tried searching but can't find what they are looking for and need assistance. This is not a "helpdesk" providing technical assistance but more to point you in the correct direction with your problem
So I will again suggest to describe your scenario as best you can in the Q&A Section for your device
best of luck!

Reactions: hydro6773
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Best of luck!

Am I up the $#!+ creek??

Hi again,
    I'm still not thinking you are bricked but if you are there appears to be a fix discussed here
    Our Mission at XDA-Assist to help yo find your way but not to help specifically trouble shoot your issue
    The mission of XDA Assist is to provide basic help to those who have tried searching but can't find what they are looking for and need assistance. This is not a "helpdesk" providing technical assistance but more to point you in the correct direction with your problem
    So I will again suggest to describe your scenario as best you can in the Q&A Section for your device
    best of luck!