NOOK Color’s update to Android OS 2.2/Froyo

Search This thread

japzone

Dec 25, 2010
Then they should do like the phone companies (or at least what HTC/VZW do) and give you the option. I could sit there all day with a rooted or unrooted phone and say that I didn't want the update. Now, if I showed up in a store with a broken phone, they may tell me I need the update to get my phone serviced and that's fine, but it's not a mandatory over the air thing that they're going to give you whether you want it or not. I pretty much loathe anything that is forced on me and I don't even have a chance to opt out.

From what I've seen of the market apps, they have apps in there that are completely free on the Android Marketplace, but cost $3-4 on B&N's store. Is that anyone else's experience?

1) I agree that Updates should be Voluntary; maybe with an option in the settings menu and a Notification that an Update is available. It makes more sense and the Update should go much smoother. I had such a pain Updating Stock to 1.2. I would put the Update on the Nook and it would delete the file without Updating. In the end I had to do a Factory Reset back to 1.0 in order for it to recognize the Update.

2) The reason some apps cost $$ in the B&N Store and don't in Market is because the Market Apps have Ads but B&N don't want any Ad powered Apps in their store; so Devs have to charge up front instead of trickling payment off of Ads.

Top Liked Posts