Please help me unbrick!

Search This thread

ant2555

Aug 8, 2012
Hi guys

So my uncle has asked me to unbrick his phone for him. One day it just wouldn't turn on apparently. When I received it from him, the Samsung logo would pop up, recovery mode was not accessible, but I could get into download mode
I followed this tutorial: http://www.theandroidsoul.com/unbrick-restore-samsung-galaxy-note-gt-n7000/
but the flash failed, and now I can get no life from it at all.

In the mean time I am waiting for a JIg to arrive from eBay, but how should I go about fixing it when it does arrive- this seems to be a hard/dead brick.

Thanks, would appreciate any advice!

ant2555

Aug 8, 2012
What error did Odin show? Please add a snapshot of it

I did not screenshot anything at the time, but I believe it simply said "flash failed" or something to that effect.

Read somewhere that if I put the battery in a freezer, that would charge it up (to check if the phone is simply out of battery)
This true?

Last edited:

ant2555

Aug 8, 2012
- did this just in another thread with no result.

- I don't really see why it matters, that I did not know to record the exact message. The point is the phone isn't turning on and I wanted to know if there is anything I can do - I assume it is because the flash failed but I can't be certain.

ant2555

Aug 8, 2012
If it doesn't matter then I'm sorry I bothered you asking for details.
Do you have a plan already what to do with a dead brick?

ok. It is what it is, can you help me? Do you need to know anything else before you can help?

Thanks, any aid is very welcome, and if I have put myself in an un-help-able situation, have a nice day!