LG G2, Z1 or HTC One ?

Search This thread
Jan 3, 2014
Hi everybody, excuse my english i'm french :)

So, i will buy a new smartphone, but i CAN'T decide between these phone, it's hard. I've a basic usage, i use my phone for SMS/call/twitter/facebook/(few) games/musique (with earphone)/(few) photos, and that's all :) I search a beautiful interface, because I HATE Android stock, it's very empty. So i search a beautiful interface with good features, i also search a very fast phone, and that's all because these 3 phone have an amazing screen/performance etc.

I like the HTC One because i think Sense is good, and i can't stay for the new HTC, but the One will have Sense 6.0 (with ROM custom) ? And the One is old..
I like the G2 for his screen, and his is new
And the Z1 for his camera

So thank you if you could help me, i've 800$ so i can buy any phone, thank you ! :)

Excuse me for my english..

thekazzazpv

Jan 6, 2014
Easton, PA
I think you are looking at the wrong phones for what you are describing...LG G2 is horrible until you put a custom ROM on it and the Z1 I don't believe will give you what you are looking for. The HTC One is closer to what u like, but I feel like the processor and RAM are lacking now that we are in 2014. I don't know what phones you can purchase due to location but I think for what you are describing your best options would be:

Moto X
Samsung S4 (European variant)
Samsung Note 3
HTC One

good luck

pw1nce

Oct 12, 2013
mardan
note 3 or g2 , lg g2 is best phone of 2013 , chck reviews urself , htc one is old now n poor battery , while z1 is kool but its not better than lg g2

Jan 3, 2014
thekazzazpv => Really the G2 is horrible ? Why ? :eek: Everybody say he is the best phone ever..

Thank you, mmhh for the Galaxy S4 i don't want this phone because i've an S3 and this is the "same" with Touchwiz :(
Same for the note 3, and he is too large.. I can't buy with import for the Moto X..

pw1nce => For the Note 3 it's Touchwiz (i've already Touchwiz), and i want change.. I note for the G2, thank you, and i agree the One is obsolete now (8 months..)

thekazzazpv

Jan 6, 2014
Easton, PA
I own the LG G2 and I love it... what I was saying is that stock it was bloated, cumbersome, almost useless. I am running CM 11 Nightlies and love it! I enjoy changing things regularly and customizing it best to how I use the phone. Your original post led me to believe that you don't want to mess with the phone much just use it stock. The LG G2 is amazing and super fast if you are willing to root and flash it.

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

Also you mentioned you don't like stock Android, which most custom ROMs start with. I'm sure if you have knowledge in phone mods or are willing to learn you could find a system you'll like and the LG G2 has a great developer community.

tdevaughn

Oct 31, 2010
Davidson, NC
Every stock phone is bloated regardless of mfg. The carrier's add the bloat and are quite adept at adding it for their own personal gain. All three will do what you are asking. Personally I love the g2

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

jaytecson

Wait for the new htc one as i guess it should've better battery..
I agree with the g2 it is horrible, skin wise inside but the look of the phone is good.coming from htc sense or touchwiz you wouldnt appreciate g2 unless with a custom rom..
Ive had htc one and swap it with g2 now im back with black htc one with a bigger capacity.64gb despite the fact that it is poor in battery category...now my htc one is already for sale as i am waiting for the new htc one+

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

votinh

Jul 6, 2011
If you buy a phone and use it right out of the box (w/o modification), get the G2.
If you buy a phone and intend to "rip" it apart then you can buy any phone, it just happens those Sammies seem always having huge ROM development at xda.
Note: if you want to mod, prepare to READ and READ and READ before doing anything. Also read ALL the issues that others have.

suua

Jun 17, 2010
Sarpsborg/ Norway
Hi buddy, i have had the HTC ONE, damn loved that device. The ONE is great for random tasks such as fb, videos etc.. In music its the best in class. I switched to the g2 i really like the g2.

What i miss from htc on.
Sound
Lowlight camera performenc
Build quality
Sense 5.5 my fav android skin, even better than the pure android.

What i dont miss
Buttons, damn thees to buttons were stupid placed
Battery life was horrible on the one
Stupidly slow at charging

Overall the g2 is a faster device, better performer in camera when its in good lightning
The pure android fits better on the g2 i think. One htc one pure android i think its useless, personal opinion htc one without sense is nothing.

Good luck

Sent from my LG-d801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Fox_Soul

Dec 26, 2013
I actually have the Xperia Z1 and the camera is... Meh. My brother's phone took a very similar photos and only have 8 MP.
Even without the camera, the xperia Z1 ( at least for me) is a beautiful phone with a lot of issues inside. Some lag with stock rom, touchscreen issue, bad speakers sound...
Tomorrow maybe i will have the LG G2 ( i replaced the Xperia Z1 due to the touchscreen issue, 5 phones replaced and all with the same issue ) and i will tell you if the phone is better or worst than the Z1.

Koopa777

May 18, 2012
Wait for the new HTC M8(rumored name is the "One+'') to be announced. The new Snapdragon 805 has 4 Krait 450 cores and DX11.1 graphics powered by the new Adreno 420 GPU. Tasty if I do say so myself...

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

bigpappa

Jan 24, 2011
Buffalo
Wait for the new HTC M8(rumored name is the "One+'') to be announced. The new Snapdragon 805 has 4 Krait 450 cores and DX11.1 graphics powered by the new Adreno 420 GPU. Tasty if I do say so myself...

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Bonjour OP! I agree with what Koopa says. It looks like waiting could be it. However if you need/want a phone right now my advice is buy a phone cor what functionality best suits you. I have the G2. My wife has the HTC One. In my case Im more tech savvy. I like to root, optimize, and tweak as I see fit. The G2 fits as it has the latest/greatest processor etc... The HTC one is a beautiful device but its in my opinion more geared to multimedia users. The sense UI is very socially centered and the audio experience (without headphones) is superb. To me its the perfect phone for those that love media and interactivity of apps with social functions. Sense makes it all tie in nice. Im absolutely jealous of the HTC remote software that has a full program guide for whats on tv. It makes the G2 infrared remote look bad.

All that said do not underestimate those same functions on the G2. It may not have beats audio, but it capable of much better audio playback than the One. The screen is larger on the G2, and frankly better... marginally. For video out... G2 wins. Where the One utilizes MHL for 720p output, and only upscales to 1080... the G2 can use slimport and has can support true 1080 native playback. The G2 multimedia wise beats the HTC one hands down in more ways than these... the differencein using those functions rests on the user interface for each phone. As far as UI goes... HTC with sense is easier and more intuitive. It flows better and its good for those who need more of a dumbed down phone but still want a great media experince.

The G2 does ALL the functionality better, and is capable of far more than the One. It just isnt as pretty or intuitive. However spend about a week with the G2 and you wont care about it not being intuitive.

Higgins12

Nov 20, 2007
If you love a huge bezel free Scrren, then surely go with the G2 if it doesn't matter much to you go with the HTC One. From features and speed they don't differ much + HTC (might) be faster with OS Updates, if that's what matters to you. The Camera in both Phones isnt the greatest, the G2 one is kinda slow for my liking but I'm more the DSLR type anyway.

Just stay away from the Z1 unless you want be stuck with bad viewing angels.

I owned all 3 Phones and would put the HTC One and the G2 almost on the same level.

mwatson

Oct 16, 2007
Basingstoke
I have had the HTC one since it came out. I bought the G2 a couple of weeks ago as I was getting bored of the one. I found the g2 to be rather laggy and made me realise how smooth the one is. The one is the smoothest Android in existence. I read reviews saying the camera is great on the G2 but I found it quite dissapointing.unless you take very well lit pictures outside, zooming in to crop makes things look like they have been painted. I think the one produces better results even with it's 4mp camera.

I found the battery to be superb on The G2, I can get 5 hours screen on and 3 hours on the one.

I've decided to go back to the one and put my white 32gb white g2 up for sale. Pm me if you've interested!

Enjoy whatever you get :)

TheiPhoneKiller

Dec 12, 2010
apart from the waterproofing and premium build on the z1 having played around with the misses g2 ,the g2 is better so thats why i recently got one to,the camera on z1 was suppose to be amazing but in truth g2 has better quility,more natural colours,even xperia T has better camera than z1 from xperiance and its not much faster than T either only in benchmarks,htc,nice device but camera lets it down a bit,G2 is the one to go for

Jan 3, 2014
Thank you very much all, i've tested the Z1 in a store just 30 seconds, and i was blufed by the smooth of the phone, the G2 and the One aren't available for testing.. I don't open a game or other, just open the browser (Google Chrome) and scroll into the homescreen, this is very fast, but i love Sense and i don't want wait 3 months for the new HTC.. The G2 is not very beautiful, so i pass on this phone. The Z1 have many problems (reviews from buyers), so, it's better i go on the HTC One who is a great value or the Z1 ? If i buy the One, will i have Sense 6.0 with ROM Cutom or Official updates ?

You have convainced me for go on the HTC One, but only if i will have Sense 6.0, because i don't want to wait 3 months, thank you all :)

Fox_Soul

Dec 26, 2013
Thank you very much all, i've tested the Z1 in a store just 30 seconds, and i was blufed by the smooth of the phone, the G2 and the One aren't available for testing.. I don't open a game or other, just open the browser (Google Chrome) and scroll into the homescreen, this is very fast, but i love Sense and i don't want wait 3 months for the new HTC.. The G2 is not very beautiful, so i pass on this phone. The Z1 have many problems (reviews from buyers), so, it's better i go on the HTC One who is a great value or the Z1 ? If i buy the One, will i have Sense 6.0 with ROM Cutom or Official updates ?

You have convainced me for go on the HTC One, but only if i will have Sense 6.0, because i don't want to wait 3 months, thank you all :)

you could test if the Xperia Z1 have the touchscreen issue... I can tell you that the touchscreen issue is too much frustrating ( if you have a lock pattern you will kill the Z1 in 3 days )
Buy an HTC One is buy an old phone. Buy G2 and if you dont like the look you always can buy a case.

Jan 3, 2014
I think i pass on the Z1 i don't want a phone which is have a problem every 10 minutes.. Yes i also think the One is too old now, so i will go on a G2 because he is a new phone and he was elected "phone of the year 2013" so i think he is good. But i think i will miss Sense.. Not a big problem because i will put a ROM :) Thank you !

Fox_Soul

Dec 26, 2013
I think i pass on the Z1 i don't want a phone which is have a problem every 10 minutes.. Yes i also think the One is too old now, so i will go on a G2 because he is a new phone and he was elected "phone of the year 2013" so i think he is good. But i think i will miss Sense.. Not a big problem because i will put a ROM :) Thank you !

Your welcome! Dont forget use the THANKS button ^^

Reactions: inyrfacebiatchh

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Your welcome! Dont forget use the THANKS button ^^