gorilla glass, still dents, first all ways hurts the worst!

Search This thread

fhaines

Jul 4, 2007
Lebanon, Ohio
Well it finally happened. First time in years I have ever f'ed up the screen on a phone. At work tonight slipped out of my hand and on to the floor and slid about 3 foot face down. I had the shipping screen cover on it (waiting on a real one off Ebay) so i ended up with a very small dent/ding in the screen. Not terribly noticeable but i know its there. HA! So to everyone out there, get a decent screen protector on there ASAP. Dont let the hype fool you, It aint indestructable.

fhaines:D

jrwingate6

Aug 13, 2009
Charm City
I actually heard LG didn't put Gorilla glass on the G2x but the o2x has it. I don't know if it's true or not but I have read it in a couple places.

tonyizhurr

Jun 23, 2010
Its scratch resistant... Not fall resistant. It can still get scratch if you take a key and deliberately scratch it. They're meaning of scratch resistant is if you take your finger nail and just lightly go over the screen.

pendevous

Apr 4, 2011
Paranaque City
Does it really use gorilla glass? Before, my tab got hit by the metal part of a can opener thanks to a stupid classmate of mine, and nothing happened.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

mobilehavoc

Mar 12, 2006
LG product page g2x specifically says Corning Gorilla glass so yes we have it. Sorry about your accident.

laxtico

Jun 17, 2008
just had this happen to me last night, extensive damage to glass, but digitzer and lcd work.
i dont have insurance, so today i decided to call LG mobile phone
customer care at 800-793-8896.

I looked at options to do this myself, but it sounds like that would void my warranty,
which i think ill need later.

They answered the phone quickly and were very professional.
I told the man what happened and he gave me a repair authorization and an address
to ship it to.

When i asked about. costs he said anywhere from $40 to $100 but ill post an update after they contact me. im waiting for my replacement mytouch to come back. before i ship this one out.

I know assurion charges a. deductible of around $130.

Last edited:

baykakes

Apr 24, 2011
Its scratch resistant... Not fall resistant. It can still get scratch if you take a key and deliberately scratch it. They're meaning of scratch resistant is if you take your finger nail and just lightly go over the screen.

I tried taking a key to one of my replacement G2x's and it didn't leave a scratch!

BeHarsh

Aug 24, 2009
But it can. I had one on my first g2x. Keys in the same pocket

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA Premium App

Now thats just phone abuse... :eek:

Over the years I've trained myself nearly perfectly to never have anything but my phone in my left pocket (I'm left handed) and always have the screen facing my leg to avoid something hitting it from the outside. I learned the only time when I did have keys or something sharper in the same pocket and it left a pretty big scar on the screen protector, luckily not affecting the actual screen.

mr.orange303

Aug 15, 2010
Now thats just phone abuse... :eek:

Over the years I've trained myself nearly perfectly to never have anything but my phone in my left pocket (I'm left handed) and always have the screen facing my leg to avoid something hitting it from the outside. I learned the only time when I did have keys or something sharper in the same pocket and it left a pretty big scar on the screen protector, luckily not affecting the actual screen.

4 kids. I had an emergency. No time to think. The keys just went into a pocket.

Xargon321

Mar 1, 2011
if you are handy with tools you can buy the glass/digitizer for like $58 its a little cheaper then sending it to lg to fix

phaet2112

Jan 12, 2011
4 kids. I had an emergency. No time to think. The keys just went into a pocket.

Metal keys shouldn't do it, but if you had sand or some sort of rock/mineral dusting on the keys, then that could easily scratch. Especially with kids (if you have a sandbox), the sandy fingers are lethal to glass screens if it gets a little pressure. Same with tile floors- that will scratch the glass easily. Metal on glass, not so much unless it is an impact that causes a dent.

johnnyp500

May 3, 2011
Yea I dropped mine for the first time yesterday and luckily it didnt hit the screen but the whole side is choppy now. :(

alodar1

Aug 6, 2007
Auburn, WA
Microsoft Surface Duo
Indestructible....almost...Kitty claws...

Well it finally happened. First time in years I have ever f'ed up the screen on a phone. At work tonight slipped out of my hand and on to the floor and slid about 3 foot face down. I had the shipping screen cover on it (waiting on a real one off Ebay) so i ended up with a very small dent/ding in the screen. Not terribly noticeable but i know its there. HA! So to everyone out there, get a decent screen protector on there ASAP. Dont let the hype fool you, It aint indestructable.

fhaines:D

I've dropped it....broke others...but this G2x seemed like nothing could touch this baby.....that is....until

my 7 week old kitten got to it.

I now have a nice little scratch, close to the edge...well out of viewing area...but noticeable ...if you look.

Now how am I going to be able to prove that????

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Gorilla glass is nothing compared to orangutan plastic...