[HOW-TO]UNLOCK bootloader for X10

Search This thread

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
Have you tried to flash another kernel? I don't have the device anymore by myself, but I think either the kernel bundle you're trying to flash is bad or your bootloader didn't unlock successfully

L

Reactions: g.viegas S_Duos

g.viegas S_Duos

Apr 29, 2014
Have you tried to flash another kernel? I don't have the device anymore by myself, but I think either the kernel bundle you're trying to flash is bad or your bootloader didn't unlock successfully

L

no i just tried the ferakernel
after some tries i flash the new rom in the recovey screen as normal

but now the phone is bricked...
when i try to unbrick with flashtoll it gets off flashmode and stops flashing the stock firmware
any solution for this?

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
no i just tried the ferakernel
after some tries i flash the new rom in the recovey screen as normal

but now the phone is bricked...
when i try to unbrick with flashtoll it gets off flashmode and stops flashing the stock firmware
any solution for this?
Errr..., no I don't know further now. Should have a device to test that by myself. But I know I were in a similar situation as described and tried it many times until it worked anytime. Sorry

L

Reactions: g.viegas S_Duos

g.viegas S_Duos

Apr 29, 2014
Errr..., no I don't know further now. Should have a device to test that by myself. But I know I were in a similar situation as described and tried it many times until it worked anytime. Sorry

L

as you say after some tries (almost 100 :p) it works and i flashed again the stock rom but with ferakernel :p

now im trying to install again the rom in the custom cwm of ferakernel. it says intaled but nothing diferent hapens
so im still in stock 2.3.3 :/

actualization
working very fine with FeraKernel v24 GB
and with FeraLab v39 GB ROM

thks for your help :)

now i just need a new battery :p

Last edited:
Reactions: 9Lukas5

Majesty92

Apr 14, 2013
is this method can be use on any x10i no matter what is the manufacturing date? i want to unlock my x10i bootloader that i just bought recently as a backup phone. I try to used *#*#73784238#*#* to check whether my bootloader is unlockable or not but there is no such thing as bootloader unlocked allowed:yes or no. so i just want to konw how im going to make sure it is safe to unlock my x10i bootloader? i want to check the manufacturing date but i already replaced the battery.

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
The x10 was manufactured before Sony decided to provide a official unlock method. So this dialercode won't tell anything useful.
If you want to use that as a backup phone, I'd advice you to download latest flash tool and unlock the bl from there. It's much more user friendlier than this, it only forces you to do a factory reset, that's why I wrote this method of unlock for those wanted to keep the current installation.
L

Reactions: Majesty92

Majesty92

Apr 14, 2013
The x10 was manufactured before Sony decided to provide a official unlock method. So this dialercode won't tell anything useful.
If you want to use that as a backup phone, I'd advice you to download latest flash tool and unlock the bl from there. It's much more user friendlier than this, it only forces you to do a factory reset, that's why I wrote this method of unlock for those wanted to keep the current installation.
L

i already have flashtool as i own a xperia v. and i unlocked my xperia v using flashtool. is the method is the same with x10i? so what i need to do right now just use flashtool to unlock the bootloader? how about the unlocking code?

Last edited:

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
For that device there is no unlock code which could be used, the unlock is made through a hardware security whole :D
How exactly it works I don't know anymore, too long ago. Sorry. Experiment a bit with flashtool and I'm sure you'll find out. :good:
L

Reactions: Majesty92

Majesty92

Apr 14, 2013
For that device there is no unlock code which could be used, the unlock is made through a hardware security whole :D
How exactly it works I don't know anymore, too long ago. Sorry. Experiment a bit with flashtool and I'm sure you'll find out. :good:
L

I have read somewhere that only certain x10 can be unlock based on the manufacturing date. If the manufacturing date is later, it will hardbrick the phone if we tried to unlock it. so i must be certain if i want to unlock my x10 bootloader

bolillo

I have read somewhere that only certain x10 can be unlock based on the manufacturing date. If the manufacturing date is later, it will hardbrick the phone if we tried to unlock it. so i must be certain if i want to unlock my x10 bootloader

Whatever you do do not use the sony method cause it will not work and make sure you have a sim unlocked phone, if i remember right when i had my x10 one of the requirements was that it had to be unlocked

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app

Majesty92

Apr 14, 2013
Whatever you do do not use the sony method cause it will not work and make sure you have a sim unlocked phone, if i remember right when i had my x10 one of the requirements was that it had to be unlocked

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app

i can use any sim with my x10, so I'm sure it is simunlock. its just that im not sure whether the bootloader unlockable or not. is there any way I can check whether it is unlockable before i decided to do unlock bootloader process?

Last edited:

peterpan01

Aug 31, 2012
I also want to ask is bootloader are related to simlock? Do i have to unlock bootloader if i have my phone simunlock? Sory for asking cause im still newbie.. Thanks 4 helping.. :)

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
The bootloader unlock is possible with simlocked aswell as simunlocked phones.
If you have simunlocked a simlocked phone in the past with a unofficial way it's possible the bootloader unlock isn't possible anymore.

But you don't need to do a bootloader unlock to get the phone unlocked by your carrier.
L

Majesty92

Apr 14, 2013
i tried to use flashtool to unlock my x10 bootloader. how do i know whether my bootloader unlock already or not? this is what I get from flashtool

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 239

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
Do you see this looong line in your picture? There it says at the end of the line Bootloader status: UNROOTABLE
Any further questions? Sorry man
L

Majesty92

Apr 14, 2013
Do you see this looong line in your picture? There it says at the end of the line Bootloader status: UNROOTABLE
Any further questions? Sorry man
L

after several try I think I successfully managed to unlocked the bootloader. the only weird thing is in S1 tool only one small "r" but in flashtool both are small "r'.
before i decide to unlock bootloader for my device, I check using s1tool. Im sure that my device bootloader can be unlock. initilally in Flashtool it stated UNROOTABLE, but after several try the status change to ROOT. can anyone explain it to me? is my device unlock or not?

Attachments

• flashtool.png
    flashtool.png
    39.6 KB · Views: 250
  • s1tool.png
    s1tool.png
    11.1 KB · Views: 246

bootx

Aug 31, 2009
Black screen

Hi!
Bootloader unlock finish!
power on phone!
Black screen =(
the light turns green.
Where is the problem?
it can be done?

Attachments

• S1tool.jpg
    S1tool.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 312
  • Flashtool.jpg
    Flashtool.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 310
Reactions: Ripperdaly

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you aren't keeping your current device configuration (because of flashing another rom after unlocking bootloader or anything else) the simplest way to unlock is to flash stock 2.3.3 rom, root it and use the bl unlock plugin from latest flashtool

Hi guys, cause it was asked for, here is a how-to to unlock bootloader without reflashing a 2.1 firmware what means no need of reinstall your current rom after unlocking bootloader.

In the archive with the unlocking files take care about the following:

the semc bat is for x10i and x10a. But only if you haven't tried any simunlocking

the setool2 bat is for all those have simunlocked using the setool2

if you don't know it, or not sure about, have a look at the 2nd post, there you'll find a tool to test it.

for those doesn't fit any of those two critericas, don't try to unlock bootloader with this steps/files linked here

Things you need:

If you haven't all the listed things on your computer, then first downoad all neccessary files I have listed above before you go on with the guide how-to do it!!

Please make sure you have enabled usb-debugging in your current rom before starting with this!!

• flash the azuzu kernel downgrade ftf with flashtool
    • disconnect usb cable, press power button until phone vibrates shortly and immidiatly connect the usb cable again (it is supposed to be stuck at SE logo)
    • start the batch file for unlocking bootloader, cause it says press any button before it starts, it won't start unlocking until you press any button
    • now wait until flashtool recognizes your x10 (if flashtool doesn't do anything, check third post please! thx)
    • close flashtool and then press any button in the cmd window that the unlocking process starts (please close flashtool, instead the bl unlock cmd and flashtool are constantly killing and restarting adb!!)
    • after unlocking is finish you have to flash azuzu kernel upgrade
    • now power on phone to check if the phone is starting after the unlock (if you are using a custom kernel yet with the bypass method and get stuck in a bootloop enter xrecovery and clear dalvik-cache, then your phone should boot up again fine)

If you aren't seeing the se logo at turning on phone, but directly the custom kernel logo, you were succesfully. If you want to enter xrecovery you have to spam the back button now if the xperia logo appears instead of the se logo.

Credits:
    • the_laser - for the bootloader unlock files
    • azuzu - for Kernel up- and downgrade
    • whitefang3456 - for helping others with their problems

Regards,

L
    TOOLS

For testing if you are ready for unlocking bootloader or not, use this tool:

s1tool.7z

If you can find semc simlock certificate in one of the last lines from the output, you can unlock your bl with the *semc.bat file
    If you can find anything with setool2 in one of the last lines from the output, you can unlock your bl with the *setool2.bat file
    If you can't find any of these two and see instead s.th. like unknown simlock certificate or similar, you can not unlock your bl. In this case, first simunlock your bl with setool2, then check again with s1tool.

s1tool can also relock your bl if you want to make use of your warranty.

Regards,

L
    I did it this way and it was a HUGE success!! :D :)
    To sum up, this is exactly what I did:
    1. Flashed Kernel Downgrade in FlashTool
    2. Disconnected the phone, left FlashTool running.
    3. Ran the unlock cmd.
    4. Pushed Power Button, when I felt the vibration, I immediately connected to USB.
    5. At this point phone was of course stuck at SE bootlogo (2.1 kernel on 2.3 firmware). I waited for FlashTool to "see" the phone. Took a while because my PC (Win7) was looking for drivers. Once it was done, FlashTool saw the phone.
    6. Closed FlashTool and pressed enter on the cmd window.
    7. The phone restarted one time during the procedure (my heart skipped a beat, I admit) but in less than 1 minute, the cmd reported Success.
    8. Closed the cmd window and pulled the battery from the phone (was of course still stucked at SE boot logo).
    9. Ran FlashTool again, selected Flash, chose Kernel Upgrade and when it prompted, I put my X10 in flash mode and the procedure completed soon afterwards.
    10. I turned on the phone, started spamming Back button and entered xrec, wiped dalvik and cache (because I am on goro's kernel) just in case and then rebooted for the last time!!

Phone was up and running in about 5 minutes (due to the cache wiping, boot was sloooooow). Now everything is good! It was much easier than it sounds!

Thanks to the_laser and everyone else involved now and in the future! :)

Xperia X10i via Tapatalk
    Installing Flash-and adb drivers for x10 (!they where updated with the 2.3.3 update!)

1. open the drivers manager of your pc
    2. connect phone in flashmode (without running any program like flashtool, seus or pccp)
    3. check if there appears an unkown device, which wasn't there before (if not go on, if yes read under the line in this post further on)
    4. no unknown device? Good
    5. turn on phone and connect usb cable again and check again for unknown devices
    _____________________________________________________________________________________
    If there is an unknown device, download this archive (it contains the 2.3.3 adb and flash drivers)

1. In Flashmode is an unknown device: Go to the archive and install the ggsetup-2.2.0.11.exe file you find in there.

2. After turning on there is an unknown device: extract the archive and search with your pc's drivers manager manually in that folder for the drivers of the unkown device, then they should be installed.

3. Now check again like I described it above the line for unknown devices, if you can't see them now anymore, try again to unlock your bl.

Regards,

L
    flashed the azuzu kernel downgrade ftf with flashtool
    - OK no problem
    disconnected usb cable, pressed power button until phone vibrates shortly and immidiatly connected the usb cable again
    - Ok no problem
    started the batch file for unlocking bootloader, cause it says press any button before it starts
    - started? you mean "start"? how do you start the file meflash.dll?

I think something is missing?