[ROM] [ICS] Android Open Kang Project - captivatemtd - Milestone 6

Search This thread

Zero4

Dec 27, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
I think I don't explain clear. Let me try.

Every cel phone has a IMEI # that is unique to that particular phone and with that phone the carrier indentify the phone. In my case my IMEI has change to other # that to be more weird the cust rept said that is not even for a samsung phone. For bad luck that IMEI number was reported stolen to AT&T and they proceed to lock the service to that IMEI#. That's why I don't have cel phone service, but I can use the phone like a Galaxy Play using Wifi.

The cust rept indicate to reset the phone and install the factory Rom to see if that correct the IMEI #.

Remember that AT&T or any carrier give support to custom ROM and less to IMEI lroblems. By law you can alter or change and IMEI number.:(:eek:

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda app-developers app

Worst case, if you have the original packaging you can get the IMEI number off the box.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: melvinaury

Dave the Knave

Apr 18, 2008
Baltimore
I backed up my original efs folder on my captivate the day I rooted it on 2.1. I always checked my imei against the one on the box after each flash and it never changed. For those of you who got a changed imei, what did you do? The only thing that ever got changed was my product code which I fixed myself. The issue never arose again.

Sent from my GS3

tbrummell

Sep 27, 2007
Ottawa
Samsung Galaxy S22
Worst case, if you have the original packaging you can get the IMEI number off the box.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Or the sticker on the back of the phone under the battery.

I just compared mine and thankfully it still matches (although Rogers doesn't block IMEI's of personal stolen phones, just IMEI's of phones stolen from Rogers store's). I guess I should backup /efs before my next wipe & install. :good:

buresh.kevin

Jan 19, 2011
I had the same problem my phone was locked yesterday bout 4est. Called they said it was reported stolen also. I called customer service to get it unlocked . My iemi Att say does not exist in there system. After they verified the sim matches there info and I proved that this was my account and my phone they unlocked it and got a 130$ credit. He said it was something to do with an update that took effect last Fri.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

How in the world did you end up getting a $130 credit??? I had this happen to me two days ago and they said the same thing to them, and I was told a lot of people are having this issue and it has to do with a new system AT&T has just put in place. I looked up the IMEI that I have now on my phone which is different than it was on MIUI (I had a I9000 IMEI by default), and when I search it on google I get Samsung Galaxy S III pages, so maybe this Samsung Galaxy S III they have in the system is the reason this is happening. If you think about it, seeing the exact same phone IMEI maybe a hundred times looks fishy!

Dave the Knave

Apr 18, 2008
Baltimore
How in the world did you end up getting a $130 credit??? I had this happen to me two days ago and they said the same thing to them, and I was told a lot of people are having this issue and it has to do with a new system AT&T has just put in place. I looked up the IMEI that I have now on my phone which is different than it was on MIUI (I had a I9000 IMEI by default), and when I search it on google I get Samsung Galaxy S III pages, so maybe this Samsung Galaxy S III they have in the system is the reason this is happening. If you think about it, seeing the exact same phone IMEI maybe a hundred times looks fishy!

Yeah, the problem lots of us are having in SG3 forums is that we don't know where to find the nv_data.bin or whichever file now contains our IMEI. The S3 attracted flocks of Android and XDA noobs who have no idea what they are doing and are now panicking because they have a changed IMEI after flashing a rom.

brianray14

Jan 29, 2011
Bradenton
Anyone have a solution to freeing up more available RAM other than deleting apps? Would be nice if swap worked with this kernel :)

rpgdev

Jul 31, 2011
This rom feels a heck of a lot better than the Dark Knight one. Much more faster and smooth, however I see the screen slightly blurry... is there a way to tackle this? from the ROM settings menu maybe? I don't know if I could change the LCD density in any way that could help this...

Nick0703

Jan 4, 2011
?
This rom feels a heck of a lot better than the Dark Knight one. Much more faster and smooth, however I see the screen slightly blurry... is there a way to tackle this? from the ROM settings menu maybe? I don't know if I could change the LCD density in any way that could help this...

Blurry? What do you mean your screen is blurry? On mine the screen is sharp. Lol are you sure it not the time for you to get glasses? :p

Sent from my SGH-I896 using XDA

rpgdev

Jul 31, 2011
Blurry? What do you mean your screen is blurry? On mine the screen is sharp. Lol are you sure it not the time for you to get glasses? :p

It's really curious to me the defensive/snide tone that people use here once you speak about performance or something not being so peachy. If I needed glasses I would've noticed the blurriness in all other roms don't you think?

theaudioguy

Mar 1, 2012
It's really curious to me the defensive/snide tone that people use here once you speak about performance or something not being so peachy. If I needed glasses I would've noticed the blurriness in all other roms don't you think?

He was only joking dude. But we need to know what kind of blurry. Is it the entire screen? Is it blurry on the boot animation? Give us some more detail.

rpgdev

Jul 31, 2011
He was only joking dude. But we need to know what kind of blurry. Is it the entire screen? Is it blurry on the boot animation? Give us some more detail.

I'm talking about the screen one gets to use once the OS has loaded completely. It's slight but it is noticeable. For example, it's especially noticeable inside apps or widgets that have letters on white backgrounds. It's definitely not as crisp as I'm accustomed to.

Nick0703

Jan 4, 2011
?

Dude I was joking about the glasses.:(

Try changing the color/gamma settings.

Nick0703

Jan 4, 2011
?
LOL, sorry. Doesn't seem a color setting but I will poke around to make sure. Is there a software way to get into download mode on this ROM?

For the color settings go to Settings-> Device Options-> Color Turning. For a Software way to get into Download mode, try using this command with Terminal, "reboot download".

rpgdev

Jul 31, 2011
For the color settings go to Settings-> Device Options-> Color Turning. For a Software way to get into Download mode, try using this command with Terminal, "reboot download".

I installed a terminal app and while it did reboot me it didn't boot me into download mode, before asking on this thread I tried the traditional ways: using the volume keys, adb (using the reboot download did reboot the OS also but it didn't boot into download mode), etc. And nothing seemed to work. How can I fix this? Have you tried getting into download mode on this rom?

Nick0703

Jan 4, 2011
?
I installed a terminal app and while it did reboot me it didn't boot me into download mode, before asking on this thread I tried the traditional ways: using the volume keys, adb (using the reboot download did reboot the OS also but it didn't boot into download mode), etc. And nothing seemed to work. How can I fix this? Have you tried getting into download mode on this rom?

Uhm yeah, by removing and re-adding the battery then keep on pressing both volumes keys and inserting the USB cable.

RDI

Mar 21, 2006
Tampa, FL
www.RDI.us
Low Memory Warning?

Anyone have a solution to freeing up more available RAM other than deleting apps? Would be nice if swap worked with this kernel :)

When I got a low memory warning I used a very versatile App called Super Manager to move some of the Apps to my External memory card.
This App did tell me which were safe to move, which were not, and which Apps it did not know if they were safe.
If I knew which stuff was safe to delete, I could go and do so with this App also.

Top Liked Posts