[ROM][AOSP] [Nightly/Release] CarbonRom JB [XT925/XT926]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DonKilluminati23

Nov 2, 2012
OnePlus 11
I am trying to underclock this from 2.0 to 1.8, but the change will not stick. Even before I reboot, it will return to 2.0 when I go back into performance settings a couple minutes later. Anyone else finding this to be the case?

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

Dr.Gasmo

May 8, 2013
I am trying to underclock this from 2.0 to 1.8, but the change will not stick. Even before I reboot, it will return to 2.0 when I go back into performance settings a couple minutes later. Anyone else finding this to be the case?

Yeah that's the case. I found if you set governor to msm-dcvs (?). It will stick the first core at 1512, and the second core will very rarely hit 1998.

Sent from TapaCrap with my XTREME RAZR HDEE running a ROM and somebody's kernel or some ****. represent.

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

I'm looking for a mirror to the 07.06, 2013. Nightly build while goo fudges the bucket. Anyone be so kind? :)

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Reactions: DonKilluminati23

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007

I heard NoFrills has a feature where it can prevent other apps from adjusting the CPU freq.

I guess in 4.2.2 apps can individually control the CPU scaling? I'm not quite understanding what changed, why this happens... But many in my kernel threads have found using NoFrills and checking that box in 'settings' for NoFrills fixes the jumping frequency issue.

DonKilluminati23

Nov 2, 2012
OnePlus 11
I heard NoFrills has a feature where it can prevent other apps from adjusting the CPU freq.

I guess in 4.2.2 apps can individually control the CPU scaling? I'm not quite understanding what changed, why this happens... But many in my kernel threads have found using NoFrills and checking that box in 'settings' for NoFrills fixes the jumping frequency issue.

Thanks for the tip, I was indeed able to effectively set the frequency using no frills and have the change remain following a reboot.

I apologize if this has been discussed, but I am using the stock kernel included with carbon and was also wondering what the best combo of governor / io scheduler produces the best results with this rom?

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

Yeah that's the case. I found if you set governor to msm-dcvs (?). It will stick the first core at 1512, and the second core will very rarely hit 1998.

Sent from TapaCrap with my XTREME RAZR HDEE running a ROM and somebody's kernel or some ****. represent.

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

I'm looking for a mirror to the 07.06, 2013. Nightly build while goo fudges the bucket. Anyone be so kind? :)

Fyi it looks like goo is back up, finally got the update to download

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Thanks for the tip, I was indeed able to effectively set the frequency using no frills and have the change remain following a reboot.

I apologize if this has been discussed, but I am using the stock kernel included with carbon and was also wondering what the best combo of governor / io scheduler produces the best results with this rom?

I have created a kernel which has a few additional options.

Looking to add some more too - bytecode's kernel is definitely head and shoulders above mine, might want to try his out too.

For governor, I like smartassV2, but there's a ton. Looking to add some more.

Dr.Gasmo

May 8, 2013

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

Fyi it looks like goo is back up, finally got the update to download

There Is no best governor for any ROM. There are BETTER settings for some PHONES. Depends on what you want. RAZR HD has Qualcomm proprietary governor, msm-dcvs, designed for the snapdragon in your phone. It has smooth scaling of CPU frequencies. Good for battery. You can always go with standard ondemand with ROW I/o and the phone will perform smooth for most things. Using BFQ I/o will help you multi task, especially if you want to do stuff and not lag while play store installs stuff in the background. Google for a full explanation of governors and schedulers.

I personally use msm-dcvs gov with SIO I/o. I score 6000 on quadrant with SlimROM and Bytecode Code Kernel R5

Last edited:

mikeymax

Sep 4, 2011
new york NY
Go is down for me... Just about ten min ago it was working ... Got to 93% and it died on me and now can't connect again...

theZest

Oct 27, 2010
Vladivostok
Thanks for great ROM! I used it on my RAZR XT910, it was very good and balanced in my opinion.
Now I'm going to try this one.

Sent from my SGP312 using xda app-developers app

Megaroad

Mar 24, 2013
Thanks for great ROM! I used it on my RAZR XT910, it was very good and balanced in my opinion.
Now I'm going to try this one.

Sent from my SGP312 using xda app-developers app

Yeah, it expands the AOKP features nicely, and the menus are set up in a good, coherent way. It has been running very smoothly for me.

Dr.Gasmo

May 8, 2013
Been running Carbon for 4 days now with heavy use. Tweaked to get 5900 quadrant. Not a single crash. No problems come to mind. Running very smooth and it got me to switch from SmoothROM as my main rider. I did have one good suggestion but it escapes me now... Oh maybe add the settings to use DSP vs musicfx, and use dash clock instead of cLock. I've installed them and set them up but the settings menu will FC if I try to configure them there. That wasn't my good suggestion tho, damn.

Anyways, great ROM I really appreciate it.thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

gusbeto37

Oct 13, 2010
Monterrey
I'm just downloading the CarbonRom for the first time in order to flash it. But, since there are HALO builds, how different are they from nightlies? Do they only have HALO and are equal to nightly 2013-06-05?

Also, coming from stock but I previously used AOKP for a while, any recommendations as to making this ROM a daily driver?

Saludos,
Gustavo

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
I'm just downloading the CarbonRom for the first time in order to flash it. But, since there are HALO builds, how different are they from nightlies? Do they only have HALO and are equal to nightly 2013-06-05?

Also, coming from stock but I previously used AOKP for a while, any recommendations as to making this ROM a daily driver?

Saludos,
Gustavo

Not sure what recommendations you're looking for, so perhaps elaborate a bit.

As for Halo vs. nightlies - Halo is still in beta, and as such is only being built in "pieces" if you will. Only a few machines are running Halo builds, but they should be in-sync with that nightly... The Halo builds should be dated, so it's a fairly safe assumption that Halo build will match the nightly... although perhaps not exactly, I'm actually not sure what is all needed for Halo yet... the code is not open source yet, hence the reason for all my previous strange statements :D

gusbeto37

Oct 13, 2010
Monterrey
Not sure what recommendations you're looking for, so perhaps elaborate a bit.

As for Halo vs. nightlies - Halo is still in beta, and as such is only being built in "pieces" if you will. Only a few machines are running Halo builds, but they should be in-sync with that nightly... The Halo builds should be dated, so it's a fairly safe assumption that Halo build will match the nightly... although perhaps not exactly, I'm actually not sure what is all needed for Halo yet... the code is not open source yet, hence the reason for all my previous strange statements :D

Thanks, I guess recommendations is too widespread. Any tips to increase battery life? Some others on this thread were saying that the ROM is OC'd, does that really affect battery life and should I UC? battery life means everything to me, that is the reason I got the RAZR HD xt925, because at the time it was the cellphone with best battery (ignoring the RAZR MAXX).

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Thanks, I guess recommendations is too widespread. Any tips to increase battery life? Some others on this thread were saying that the ROM is OC'd, does that really affect battery life and should I UC? battery life means everything to me, that is the reason I got the RAZR HD xt925, because at the time it was the cellphone with best battery (ignoring the RAZR MAXX).

Yea, I think they added OC tables to the default kernel.

You can certainly make any adjustments to OC/UC you wish. I'm not sure if the included kernel allows undervolting, that might help squeeze out additional battery life.

balthuszar

Aug 16, 2010
West Melbourne Florida
one small thing, and another good sized thing...first, i flashed carbon yesterday after experiencing problems on another rom, and the only thing i'm missing is if there's a way to get rid of the divider line between the dock and the homescreen, that would clean up my homescreen(i know it's a small thing) and now the good sized thing, i received a notification saying there was a new nightly on my phone last night, when i went to download it, it wouldn't download, and said the md5 sum was bad...any ideas?

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
one small thing, and another good sized thing...first, i flashed carbon yesterday after experiencing problems on another rom, and the only thing i'm missing is if there's a way to get rid of the divider line between the dock and the homescreen, that would clean up my homescreen(i know it's a small thing) and now the good sized thing, i received a notification saying there was a new nightly on my phone last night, when i went to download it, it wouldn't download, and said the md5 sum was bad...any ideas?

I think goo.im is not playing nice with the update system... I saw something about it from the TeamCarbon guys, I wouldn't trust it ATM.

I'll try to get more information about it.

As for the little bar issue... off the top of my head I can only think of an alternate launcher.... Not sure how else to solve it, as most of the 'built-in' solutions would eliminate that bar entirely, with all the icons...

lslacker

Apr 17, 2013
On 06/05 nightly oced to 2.0...interactive governor with noop for extra butter.

This is the best rom I've tried for this device and my new daily driver. Been on:

1. Slim: nice and fast, but not enough customizations for my needs.
2. Pacman: too many customizations. Menus are redundant and hard to get use to. No defined precedence or priority for conflicting menus
3. Eclipse: good fully functional 4.1.2 based on stock. Not enough customizations.

The extra 4.2.2 features were enough for me to justify a non working camcorder which I rarely use

Some extra tips for maximizing battery life. Greenify to hibernate unneeded running apps. Tasker to automate radio toggling, putting phone in deep sleep during sleep hours (I lose about 1% overnight using these apps). I plan on trying out some UV settings now to push it a lil further

Sent from my XT926 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370801240381.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370801240381.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 254

balthuszar

Aug 16, 2010
West Melbourne Florida
I think goo.im is not playing nice with the update system... I saw something about it from the TeamCarbon guys, I wouldn't trust it ATM.

I'll try to get more information about it.

As for the little bar issue... off the top of my head I can only think of an alternate launcher.... Not sure how else to solve it, as most of the 'built-in' solutions would eliminate that bar entirely, with all the icons...

i redownloaded the latest nightly via goo.im, and it is asking to install a recovery...when you go to flash rom, it warns that flashing the wrong software could cause serious damage to your device, and asks if you want to continue, you click yes and it reboots into recovery and just sits there...but i'll take your word on it and not mess with it until i hear otherwise...

far as the line dividing the dock from the rest of the homescreen, it may have been a nova launcher option

thanks for your response!

Megaroad

Mar 24, 2013
Great ROM. I've been getting some random reboots though - maybe a lingering stability issue? Or am I the only one? Anyhow, looking forward to future releases.

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Great ROM. I've been getting some random reboots though - maybe a lingering stability issue? Or am I the only one? Anyhow, looking forward to future releases.

Random? That's odd.

I know they added OC tables, perhaps not everyone's devices like 'em. Make sure you dial back the OC - it might be there without you setting it, check the Performance menu.

Reactions: Megaroad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Screenshots

screen1s.jpg
    screen2s.jpg
    screen3s.jpg

screen4s.jpg
    screen5s.jpg
    screen6s.jpg

screen7s.jpg
    screen8s.jpg
    screen9s.jpg

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our goo.im page.

http://goo.im/devs/carbon

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Change Log

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our goo.im page linked above. It's new, but expanding fast. Just like us!

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Andros11

BigShotRob

Bionic Beast

dg4prez

Kejar31

mattmanwrx

morfic

nocoast

pixeldotz

slick_rick

winner00

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

Carbon ROM jb 4.3 unofficial
    http://www.drdevs.com/devs/somber73/Carbon/4_3/

Enviado desde mi XT925 usando Tapatalk 4

Please don't release unofficial builds. Feel free to build them and keep them to yourself, but do not release them when there are official nightlies.

Thanks.
    Alrighty, I found the culprit for the LTE toggle breaking again. I will apply it to the CDMA device trees :)
    Nightlies can break. Perhaps you can try some older nightlies and see if the issue is not present? sunkim50, do you know which nightly this started happening on?

This is the joy of nightlies. Things change frequently, and quite often it causes issues. But, there's a literal TON of other nightlies to try, so hopefully one of the older ones work better, until it's fixed.

I can tell you this - for the most part, if it's broken in CM10.1, it will break here. A lot of the repo's are shared from CM10.1 - this ROM, and really all of the other custom ROM's in this section, would not be possible without the folks that maintain the CM repo's.

It has been traced to the .85 kernel. The .84 does not have the problem. I'm now on 7/5 carbon with N38 code kernel (.84) and it's super solid.

On 6-28, I am unable to disable the lockscreen rotation.

You can edit the build.prop to disable lockscreen rotation find this script in build.prop (lockscreen.rot_override=true) and change true to false. Save then reboot, Lockscreen rotation disabled :)