How to add a 128gb SDXC to your Note 3...

Search This thread

actorman46

Mar 5, 2011
Ann Arbor
These guys found them for 50. That's why I wonder if they work. It could be a scam.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

pachi72

Nov 18, 2008
Miami
1 guy got it for $50 of of eBay as the highest bidder. Doesn't sound to suspicious to me.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

The card has no name brand. And I am sure it's not 256gb. EBay is full of scams. Fake cards that really don't give you the full amount.

d12unk13astard

Aug 5, 2010
Bakersucks
The card has no name brand. And I am sure it's not 256gb. EBay is full of scams. Fake cards that really don't give you the full amount.

Card was an Adata 256gb, could be right about the scam but dude selling it to me had positive feedback from lots of other customers and I used PayPal anyways so I'll get my money back either way through a dispute if need be.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium

pachi72

Nov 18, 2008
Miami
Card was an Adata 256gb, could be right about the scam but dude selling it to me had positive feedback from lots of other customers and I used PayPal anyways so I'll get my money back either way through a dispute if need be.

Let me know when you buy it if it's legit card.

d12unk13astard

Aug 5, 2010
Bakersucks
It's already bought and shipped, bought it on Tuesday the 4th and expecting to receive it in the next 6-7 days along with that type 8 premium adapter you mentioned. I will be updating my thread as soon as I receive and format/check the card. :)

Reactions: pachi72

hristopelov

Dec 17, 2010
legit 256GB cards are $400+... aData is a legit company, but that price you paid is waaay to low.. hope you dont get scammed...
the reason then dont make bigger cards, is that they are ment for professionals, that take pics or small videos, 128GB is enough for thousends and hours of videos...
PROs dont like it too big! because the chance of failure of the card, and you loosing your work... they mostly use 64GB cards and have 10-20 of em just swap...

even 128GB brand name card is $70+ there was a promo on newegg so with a cupon and a rebate debit card you could grab a Patriot 128GB class 10 SDXC card.. this kne here:

128GB Patriot SDXC

i also ordered my 10,000 zerolemon, after seen your post, i ordered 3x of those cheap adaptors, will see when my case arrives if i can mod it in, like dig some room into the plastic on top the battery, the zerolemon is very thick, so its possible to very well get integrated into the case itself...

if that happens ill be looking for 128GB card.. or mybe 256GB if they get under $200...

Reactions: d12unk13astard

noobtoob

Dec 27, 2011
Fresno, CA
Moto G 5G
Google Pixel 8

I hear you on that. I just saw the post first and the final product that drunkbastard posted is all. And guy above you was looking really hard to find the same deal. Drunk just got struck by lightning is all, and lightening never strikes twice, so...

I am sure it is a legit card, but hope it lasts. I have had bad luck, others have had great luck with a-data.

hristopelov

Dec 17, 2010
i was reading online that Adata company doesnt even make a 256GB capacity card...
at the end you want your card to be reliable as much as possible too...
went ahead and took advantage on this exelent offer which ends 02/14/14, so if you guys looking for a good reliable 128GB card, that is your best choise, Patriot Brand, 5 years warranty, it cost usualy $90+tax+shipping = $100+
you can steal it now for $67 after instant $20 off and $10 American Express rebate card...
if you live out of California i believe you dont pay tax @ Newegg eaither which would make that even sweeter under $60.... here:

Patriot Brand 128GB SDXC Pro Card for $67

Last edited:

CZroe

Nov 13, 2011
Newnan, GA
Seems a waste of a perfectly good extended battery. Maybe buy a otter case or knock-off, and cut the square shape of the SD adapter or something.

I'd rather break down an SD card and solder without a socket. If I need to I can still cut a hole in a stock battery door and fit a normal-sized case around it.

Last edited:

hristopelov

Dec 17, 2010
I'd rather break down an SD card and solder without a socket.

im gettin a zerolemon case, it has like half an inch of plastic affown the camera area where i would try to dig room for the adaptro in which case if sucessuful itll provide you with a 10,000mAh battery case with normal size SDXC card slot thankfully to that adaptor.. no soldering..

but yeah to keep the sleek form of the phone you could try and do what you said, like the OP was looking just to extend capacity... mybe you could make a turtorial of how can this be done? use a cheap 2-4-8GB card and lets see it, would be real helpfull, atleast to me!

CZroe

Nov 13, 2011
Newnan, GA
im gettin a zerolemon case, it has like half an inch of plastic affown the camera area where i would try to dig room for the adaptro in which case if sucessuful itll provide you with a 10,000mAh battery case with normal size SDXC card slot thankfully to that adaptor.. no soldering..

but yeah to keep the sleek form of the phone you could try and do what you said, like the OP was looking just to extend capacity... mybe you could make a turtorial of how can this be done? use a cheap 2-4-8GB card and lets see it, would be real helpfull, atleast to me!

Not really interested myself (I'm fine with my 64GB card) but if I had an adapter and extra battery door I definitely would. ;) I don't want to spend any money on it for everyone else's curiosity, but if I can find the adapter and battery door cheap enough to do the whole thing for under $10 I might.

Last edited:

actorman46

Mar 5, 2011
Ann Arbor
i was reading online that Adata company doesnt even make a 256GB capacity card...
at the end you want your card to be reliable as much as possible too...
went ahead and took advantage on this exelent offer which ends 02/14/14, so if you guys looking for a good reliable 128GB card, that is your best choise, Patriot Brand, 5 years warranty, it cost usualy $90+tax+shipping = $100+
you can steal it now for $67 after instant $20 off and $10 American Express rebate card...
if you live out of California i believe you dont pay tax @ Newegg eaither which would make that even sweeter under $60.... here:

Patriot Brand 128GB SDXC Pro Card for $67

Thanks for the heads up! I've just picked this up. I ordered the adapter a few days ago. I'm excited to make this all work!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDlCbFzvsGU&feature=youtu.be

13+-+1

anyone know how to link this to other Note 3 forums?
    In the span of time we've seen SSD drives go from 3x nanometers down to 19nm flash, we still can't get 128GB or 256GB microSDXC? I call BS on these companies holding back technology.
    Maybe you can use a back cover case that's slightly thicker back and cut a square out of it to make room. Then laminate the entire back of the case with skinomi skin to cover up the hole.
    In the span of time we've seen SSD drives go from 3x nanometers down to 19nm flash, we still can't get 128GB or 256GB microSDXC? I call BS on these companies holding back technology.

Maybe since microsd are small they take years to make?

You must imagine that the demand is just not there, especially with fewer and fewer phones and tablets accepting microSDXC card nowadays. It'd be popular with GoPro users and a small amount of mobile device users needing insane amounts of physical storage.