Search This thread

Russ741

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 26, 2006
Annapolis, MD
www.rcc-llc.com
Thank You Very Much!!!!!!

Hi All,

I have been a happy user of VC 1.6 for about a year on my WM6 Wizard. Unfortunatly the Wizard has gone the way of all things old, so I replaced with the Tilt. I have been searching for days to find a way to get voice announcements to work on this platform. Now that I found this thread it works.

FYI, I just installed the latest version of MSVC posted and added the one registry entry and it works fine!

If anyone has any operational MSVC questions feel free to post me, I live by this software!

thanks Again

Russ741

jglev

Dec 24, 2004
Philadelphia
Hi All,

I have been a happy user of VC 1.6 for about a year on my WM6 Wizard. Unfortunatly the Wizard has gone the way of all things old, so I replaced with the Tilt. I have been searching for days to find a way to get voice announcements to work on this platform. Now that I found this thread it works.

FYI, I just installed the latest version of MSVC posted and added the one registry entry and it works fine!

If anyone has any operational MSVC questions feel free to post me, I live by this software!

thanks Again

Russ741

I installed the latest version and it seem to work through my BT headset. I haven't tried announcemnts yet. Do they work out of the box, or did you have to do something to get them to work? You mentioned that you did a registry edit. What registry edit did you apply and what does it do? Sorry for all these questions, but like you, I really use VC.

Thanks,

warmkiwi99

Aug 29, 2006
My SE HBH-DS970 BT headset doesn't even answer calls or even play the ringing tone although some system sounds come through the headset.

can't get VC1.6 working at all and it was working great on my Tytn (I)

Russ741

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 26, 2006
Annapolis, MD
www.rcc-llc.com
I installed the latest version and it seem to work through my BT headset. I haven't tried announcemnts yet. Do they work out of the box, or did you have to do something to get them to work? You mentioned that you did a registry edit. What registry edit did you apply and what does it do? Sorry for all these questions, but like you, I really use VC.

Thanks,

Jeff, Jump accross the river to South Jersey, get on RT73 to Mt Laurel. Stop at Big Johns and have a cheese steak. When you get back check out post #2 on this thread, it has all the answers you need.

Russ741

Russ741

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 26, 2006
Annapolis, MD
www.rcc-llc.com
My SE HBH-DS970 BT headset doesn't even answer calls or even play the ringing tone although some system sounds come through the headset.

can't get VC1.6 working at all and it was working great on my Tytn (I)

warmkiwi99. I have no idea what an SE HBH-DS970 BT headset is, but you need to make sure it is BlueTooth 1.1 or 2.0 compliant for it to work well with Kaiser.
Questions:
1. Does it pair with your Kaiser?
2. Can you make and/or answer calls from it?
3. Go to BT settings-->devices is it there?
4. If #3 is yes, tap properties, is there a check box selected next to "handsfree"?

Answer my questions and I will see what I can do...

Russ741

warmkiwi99

Aug 29, 2006
Yes, it pairs OK. Offers Stereo and Handsfree as its services but won't allow calls to be made or picked up from it. worked fine on my Tytn (1).

it does play music and tones/beeps from the Kaiser though - very odd?

Russ741

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 26, 2006
Annapolis, MD
www.rcc-llc.com
Yes, it pairs OK. Offers Stereo and Handsfree as its services but won't allow calls to be made or picked up from it. worked fine on my Tytn (1).

it does play music and tones/beeps from the Kaiser though - very odd?

My first guess would be there is something wrong with the BT headset, but if it worked on TyTN I then it should at least let you make/rcv calls. Do you by chance still have the TyTN I that you could retest it? or another BT headset you could try?
I have 4 different BT devices I use, they all worked with the Wizard and they all work with the Tilt.
You're right it is very odd....

Russ741

Special2k3

Oct 5, 2007
For the german users:
I also use the german Voice Command Version 1.6 and it didn't work with my Bluetooth Headset.
Use the tweak from this Posting in this thread but do not change the VoiceCmdRes_PPC.dll. Just leave it as it is on your phone, because this file is needed as it is for the german version.
This works for me.

Special2k3

spiro

Mar 23, 2006
Ive been watching this thread and was surprised to see that no one has reported the issue that even though VC6 works flawlessly through BT headset IT DOESNT WORK WHEN USING THE PHONE MIC!
It only works sometimes in a very quiet environment and from a certain distance from the phone
It worked like a charm on my WIZARD with no problems understanding me even in noisy situations
i think it has to do with the phones microphone
Am I doing something wrong? do I have a bad Kaiser? does anyone else have this issue?
BTW I dont have the "auto gain" enabled
Thanks

Russ741

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 26, 2006
Annapolis, MD
www.rcc-llc.com
Ive been watching this thread and was surprised to see that no one has reported the issue that even though VC6 works flawlessly through BT headset IT DOESNT WORK WHEN USING THE PHONE MIC!
It only works sometimes in a very quiet environment and from a certain distance from the phone
It worked like a charm on my WIZARD with no problems understanding me even in noisy situations
i think it has to do with the phones microphone
Am I doing something wrong? do I have a bad Kaiser? does anyone else have this issue?
BTW I dont have the "auto gain" enabled
Thanks

spiro, um... not to offend but What the hell are you talking about? Before I found the fix for the BT that is the only way I had to use MSVC on my Tilt. I reassigned the PTT button to MSVC and it works like a champ.
If it is only working in quiet environments sometimes perhaps you have the manual gain set too low?

Russ741

freecall

Jan 10, 2006
Russ

but during the registry edit in post 2 you have comletely de-installed voice speed dial ... correct ?

I was looking to get VC working without de-install of voice speed dial .

Any idea ?

spiro

Mar 23, 2006
spiro, um... not to offend but What the hell are you talking about? Before I found the fix for the BT that is the only way I had to use MSVC on my Tilt. I reassigned the PTT button to MSVC and it works like a champ.
If it is only working in quiet environments sometimes perhaps you have the manual gain set too low?

Russ741

Its exactly as I my post says!
BT is perfect recognition, phone mic sucks for me
thats why Im wondering if its my phone
What "fix" r u talking about? the button assignment has nothing to do with voice quality
Ill try looking for the "gain" adjustment

spiro

Mar 23, 2006
I turned on the auto gain control on the mic and it works a little better, but definitely not as good as BT

warmkiwi99

Aug 29, 2006
My first guess would be there is something wrong with the BT headset, but if it worked on TyTN I then it should at least let you make/rcv calls. Do you by chance still have the TyTN I that you could retest it? or another BT headset you could try?
I have 4 different BT devices I use, they all worked with the Wizard and they all work with the Tilt.
You're right it is very odd....

Russ741

I tested with old Tytn and worked OK (even VC1.6). Unpaired from tytn. hard reset the tytn II, re-paired and now it answers calls (again!).

thanks for your help

college

Nov 22, 2003
Voice Command v.1.6 Withheld Number Problem

Hi all,

Has anyone noticed that if a caller withholds their number then Voice Command does not say a voice prompt and actually blocks the ring tone. The end result is nothing is heard from the phone and causes a missed call? Any solutions. Thanks everyone besides this working fine.

Tom (UK)