[16-JUL-2011] pcarvalho eXtreme ROM

Search This thread

tadzio

Nov 23, 2003
Munich, Germany
There are no problem with iGO - I use 8.3.4 version from 13 Aug 2009

Try to find qvga compatible data.zip

Good to know. However, I am sure I have a QVGA compatible data.zip, since the very same version used to work under WM 6.0.

@rost2006: which version exactly of pcarvalho's ROM are you using? Edit: for example, with or without 3D drivers? Did you change any settings that may have an impact?

Cheers
tadzio

Last edited:

alexinc

Feb 4, 2008
HTC Vision: G2
LG G5
never hat any rom-related igo-trouble with non-3d-rom!!! even with 3d-buildings, more maps, etc... plz check your igo-settings again! seems to me not being the latest version or most likely a problem in sys.txt of igo.

rost2006

Nov 3, 2006
Kiev

downjones

Oct 24, 2007
BUGS of 28008:

- auto adjustment of brithness doesn't work
- GPS doesn't work (it won't let me choose the GPS Hardware port)
- P3D Drivers cab doesn't work on this rom...

pcarvalho

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 6, 2008
BUGS of 28008:

- auto adjustment of brithness doesn't work
- GPS doesn't work (it won't let me choose the GPS Hardware port)
- P3D Drivers cab doesn't work on this rom...

sorry but no bugs here...

auto adjust never existed in our polaris (we dont have sensor)...
gps working just fine...
P3D drivers shouldnt be installed in non3D rom cause its not compatible...

pcarvalho

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 6, 2008
Good to know. However, I am sure I have a QVGA compatible data.zip, since the very same version used to work under WM 6.0.

@rost2006: which version exactly of pcarvalho's ROM are you using? Edit: for example, with or without 3D drivers? Did you change any settings that may have an impact?

Cheers
tadzio

disable agps please...igo is not compatible with that and hangs...

cheers

downjones

Oct 24, 2007
sorry but no bugs here...

auto adjust never existed in our polaris (we dont have sensor)...
gps working just fine...
P3D drivers shouldnt be installed in non3D rom cause its not compatible...

I got XDA Orbit 2....I guess it is the same hardware like Polaris......it has a front camera for video calls and the function "auto adjust backlight" worked just fine on the wm6.1....now in your rom it also has the function...but it is doesn't affect anything while activating it..... now the GPS problem.....I made hard reset...it just doesn't work....doesn't matter which GPS Hardware Port am choosing ...if I click on "ok" and open the settings again...it shows "none"...........is your rom not compatible to my device?
:confused:

my radio version is: 1.59.46.12

And is it possible to make it compatible to P3d drivers? By the way is TF3D fully functioning?

Last edited:

TTboy404

May 22, 2007
Louisville Ky
Hey Pcarvalho,

Excellent ROM, i am using an older versions of one of yours. I too am interested in the a newer version, with the new manilla (flip clock and weather on today screen and think some of the newer ones have it). But Just haven't reflashed to a newer one yet.

The ROM i have is excellent.

But i see that the 3D drivers are out, and i also saw a posts by Neo and wAlien? about there being a bug related to sleep/screen flicker and not coming back on, and no further development on QVGA tf3d.

So where does your 3d roms stand on this stuff? Any thoughts on further ROMS that might have touchflo3d? Is battery life bad with the 3d ROMS?

Thanks

Last edited:

Shurup

Apr 17, 2008
get iGO stable working

There are no problem with iGO - I use 8.3.4 version from 13 Aug 2009

Try to find qvga compatible data.zip
I have used iGO 8.3.4, but it goes not so smooth and haven't TTS. So I use now a version 8.3.2. There are some problems with the WM 6.3.5 and IGO:
  • Can't navigate to Today by press on the red button like in previous versions
  • navigation painting is not smooth like it was wit iGO 8.0 in e.g. WM 6.0 or 6.1
  • sometimes it hangs if you use TTS
  • frequently stops to play a background music and closes a player (especially with TTS!), even if no today plugin is used

Have you the same expiriences with iGO8?

Have anybody a good solution how to configure iGo 8.3.X to work stable playing the music in the background?

Which player you are used? (I think the robust one can be only the audio manager)

W_5100

Sep 4, 2009
Calendar snooze

Why on Calendar is not possible to snooze 5-10-15-30 minutes or 1 hour ?
Snooze 5 minutes only is not convenient !

thanks

Last edited:

IvkovicD

Nov 5, 2003
Germany
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5
Original MS Dialer dose not diplay any contacts (last dialer)

Hello Pcarvalho,

I need to run original dialer (due to missing landscape dialer by HTC), as incoming calls will turn screen portrait, which is just annoying while doing navigation in car (only landscape possible). Anyway, I would live with that, when there would be a text displayed in dialer. There is just white plain area (see screenshot). I assume, this is white text on white background, as touching on most top "area" will open (in HTC contact) last caller.

Is there a fix (i.e. changing text color to black, or similar i.e. dialer supporting landscape mode and working with that release) available? BTW white background since 23xxx version.

regards

Dejan

Attachments

• no_dialer_text.jpg
    no_dialer_text.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 45

hartlijn

Apr 30, 2008
v28008
for some reason the keyboard keeps crashing. can't find the trigger yet, but the button to open keyboard just doesn't respond. rest of system seems to keep running. only way to activate it again is soft reset.
tried other radio. reflashed after org rom. all according guidelines.

anyone else?
wonder if it's ROM or program related.

is there noone with similar issue?
I reflashed a couple of times but the crashing keyboard keeps coming back.
It happens in combination with pushmail; when the screen comes that asks my password. When I click 'save password' en want to type in the password the keyboard stops reacting and never wants to popup again until I soft reset. quite unhandy :)

anyone has a suggestion?

rost2006

Nov 3, 2006
Kiev
Hello Pcarvalho,

I need to run original dialer (due to missing landscape dialer by HTC), as incoming calls will turn screen portrait, which is just annoying while doing navigation in car (only landscape possible). Anyway, I would live with that, when there would be a text displayed in dialer. There is just white plain area (see screenshot). I assume, this is white text on white background, as touching on most top "area" will open (in HTC contact) last caller.

Is there a fix (i.e. changing text color to black, or similar i.e. dialer supporting landscape mode and working with that release) available? BTW white background since 23xxx version.

regards

Dejan

Standard dialer has a conflict with Tachi.
You have to change this to use it normally

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\SmartDial]
"UIExtension"=""

Dont forget to backup Your registry settings!

lelinae

May 18, 2007
3g video calling

sorry again but i cant find the way video calling in this rom ca you help me tahanks

Hi every one,
Thank you very much for your Rom. But I have the same question. How can we make video call. In the advanced config, it's written : "enable phone dialer skin[...]. Phone skin must be enabled for video dialer", so it is enable, but there is no button for it.

Thank you.

Sorry for my english.

Feb 4, 2009
Baia Mare
Hi every one,
Thank you very much for your Rom. But I have the same question. How can we make video call. In the advanced config, it's written : "enable phone dialer skin[...]. Phone skin must be enabled for video dialer", so it is enable, but there is no button for it.

Thank you.

Sorry for my english.

As far as I know, there is no 3G dialer in this ROM. You have to install a third party dialer.

If I am wrong, please someone correct me.

lelinae

May 18, 2007
Video call

As far as I know, there is no 3G dialer in this ROM. You have to install a third party dialer.

If I am wrong, please someone correct me.

Thank you, but if it is right, which one can be compatible with this rom. Can you help me?
Before installing this rom, I have installed so much thing to correct the latest rom I had, and finally it wasnt working great.

thanito

Jul 10, 2008
Thank you, but if it is right, which one can be compatible with this rom. Can you help me?
Before installing this rom, I have installed so much thing to correct the latest rom I had, and finally it wasnt working great.

i was looking for a 3g dialer too,but so far none can work properly..pcarvalho is making one..hope he finishes it soon..the best one i had before was djkoa's dialer,which worked on wm6.5 builds,but not on wm6.5.x roms like the new ones..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    build 29020 is out...

test it and let me know about issues...

cheers

Link:
    WM65_HTC_Polaris_29020_WWE_Beta1.rar
    I have tried this solution but it only works for once......

after that there is no sound on the device.....its like i have a dead speaker....no tones no nothing.....

any other solution or a re-cooked rom with the problem pre-fixed?

hi greekfragma,

im currently uploading a fixed rom, removed the app that made these sound issues happen...

once its uploaded ill post here its link...

cheers

29022:
    http://www.fileserve.com/file/Hb9DAMB
    next up...

COM3 build 29017 has:
    -htc volume control (goodbye old wm volume control)
    -newer sip menu (now works like newer devices)
    -new utask by ultrashot (press and hold taskmanager for settings)
    -sip icon overlap fix in phonecanvas (now 2G dialer should be without glitches)...

major issues:
    -since its COM3 phonecanvas/screenlock may have issues that need to get debugged

-ezinput also has an issue, one can now change layout/languages alot easier but to make things work after every change touch input settings (sip menu item) has to be run, some layouts my be unfinished still...

alpha state is just cause i need people to test it...other then that its fully working rom...

cheers

LINK:
    pcarvalho eXtreme 29017 alpha fileserve (10-04-2011)

pcarvalho eXtreme 29017 alpha hotfile (10-04-2011)
    hi my fellow htc cruise owners

before i begin thank you those that believed in me and that due to my absense got worried...i am...ok...worrie no more please...

sorry for being away for so long but both work and personal life made it very hard to finish what i was doing...that was at the time...fixing stuff 2 make our polaris work a bit more a bit longer...

meanwhile i had a complete system break down, i had copies but not very updated and i would have 2 remake most of the rom all over again

all my efforts went, sort to say, down the drain...

i even managed 2 loose all my passwords, cause i saved them all in my browser (stupid me :) )...including xda forum one...

additionally my own htc polaris also failed me, on one of my last capable attempts on making a android rom...

i ended up losing 50% of the storage capacity...

all these events leaded 2 my total and complete lost in work and ability to bring my simple attempt on making a bug less rom to a final stage...

all and all it was a fun stage...i enjoyed it a lot...hope some of u enjoyed it too...

again sorry for being away for such a long long time...but i only was able to recover my account password 2 weeks ago...

since i had no more working kitchen nor workable device i decided 2 move on a month or so ago...

i have joined the android era...

gotten a new device and will start finding out how android OS is made up, once i have the time (if i ever will have it any time soon)...

again thank you to all...

if u ever need any help please contact me via PM (something i also have 2 take care cause my PM box got a bit full)

cheers
    whats to come...

build 29020 SYS
    major issues since my last alpha release should now be fixed (email/wifi, incall volume)
    threaded email
    added screen rotation app
    new lockscreen layout
    new wallpaper