[APP] AirDroid = Awesome

Search This thread

ingoljosh

Apr 3, 2010
Carson, CA
I havent heard anything about this on this thread so thought i'd share.

This ap is so AWESOME i have been using if for almost 2 years since i had my Galaxy s2.

I use it everyday at work i can controll my phone through my pc and with no programs to install.

Google Play Link

Description:

Manage your Android devices on the web, all over the air.
- No USB cable required.
- No driver installation required.
- Same WiFi network or Internet.
- Pure web app, works on Windows, Mac, Chromebook and Linux.
Simply install AirDroid on your Android and you’ll be able to enjoy the following features on your computer at web.airdroid.com:
- SMS: send and receive individual or group messages.
- Apps: Import and export .apk files.
- Files: Manage files on Android and transferring files between Android and computer.
- Photos: View and manage photos on Android and transferring photos between Android and computer.
- Music & Videos: Play and manage music & videos on Android and transferring them between Android and computer.
- Ringtones: Set music as ringtone and export any ringtone.
- Contacts: View and edit all the contacts.
- Screenshot: View the real time screen of Android devices, take static screenshots. (root required)
- Camera: See through the lens of both front and back camera, also supports flashlight.

AND MUCH MORE!!!

ri16Lea9ISe_S3e-4wl-fQMeBw1IYBv37q5LIXqTAPI

Last edited:
Reactions: sjn01

osmosizzz

Dec 13, 2010
Central Jersey. That's it
I use it often too. Only downside is transferring large files to the phone. I have a weak router and it takes a while to transfer 1GB or 2GB files. Im pretty sure that will go away as soon as I replace my router with an AC capable one. But yes, the app is fantastic and its free

ingoljosh

Apr 3, 2010
Carson, CA
me345 said:
I use it often too. Only downside is transferring large files to the phone. I have a weak router and it takes a while to transfer 1GB or 2GB files. Im pretty sure that will go away as soon as I replace my router with an AC capable one. But yes, the app is fantastic and its free

yes it is

ars0n

Feb 14, 2012
Las Vegas

What makes you think having an AC router will make your speeds increase? The LG G2 doesnt have an AC chip. Just abgn and 5Ghz band.. all you need is N router or above...you wont see AC speeds on a the LG g2..

abhinav.tella

Jan 8, 2011
Minneapolis
What makes you think having an AC router will make your speeds increase? The LG G2 doesnt have an AC chip. Just abgn and 5Ghz band.. all you need is N router or above...you wont see AC speeds on a the LG g2..

It supports 802.11ac it was mentioned on many review sites.
http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_g2-5543.php

Also some people have used it as mentioned on android central.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g2/312398-does-have-802-11ac-verizon.html

Last edited:
Reactions: ars0n

ars0n

Feb 14, 2012
Las Vegas
How the hell....

Damn, I am wrong. It does support AC. Hah. I have no idea how I over looked that..

Thanks for the headsup!!

osmosizzz

Dec 13, 2010
Central Jersey. That's it
I actually came back to reply that the G2 does have Ac chip in it but i see that was already addressed. Needless to say, the max AC connection speed Ive seen is 433mbps which is rather low for an AC chip specially now that the s5 can connect to an AC router at 877mbps. I dont care but i do care that transfering 1.5GB roms do take time lol. but i got myself an OTG cable to it doesn't matter anymore, Back to topic, this app is awesome and i highly recommend it.

super114

Dec 29, 2008
Croydon
For transfering large files, I prefer to use app like es file explorer and set up a ftp sever with the phone rather than using airdroid. For this, this get a higher download and upload speed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I havent heard anything about this on this thread so thought i'd share.

This ap is so AWESOME i have been using if for almost 2 years since i had my Galaxy s2.

I use it everyday at work i can controll my phone through my pc and with no programs to install.

Google Play Link

Description:

Manage your Android devices on the web, all over the air.
    - No USB cable required.
    - No driver installation required.
    - Same WiFi network or Internet.
    - Pure web app, works on Windows, Mac, Chromebook and Linux.
    Simply install AirDroid on your Android and you’ll be able to enjoy the following features on your computer at web.airdroid.com:
    - SMS: send and receive individual or group messages.
    - Apps: Import and export .apk files.
    - Files: Manage files on Android and transferring files between Android and computer.
    - Photos: View and manage photos on Android and transferring photos between Android and computer.
    - Music & Videos: Play and manage music & videos on Android and transferring them between Android and computer.
    - Ringtones: Set music as ringtone and export any ringtone.
    - Contacts: View and edit all the contacts.
    - Screenshot: View the real time screen of Android devices, take static screenshots. (root required)
    - Camera: See through the lens of both front and back camera, also supports flashlight.

AND MUCH MORE!!!

ri16Lea9ISe_S3e-4wl-fQMeBw1IYBv37q5LIXqTAPI

And what about this?
    Look at wlan.

It supports 802.11ac it was mentioned on many review sites.

Also some people have used it as mentioned on android central.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g2/312398-does-have-802-11ac-verizon.html