[Recovery] Official CWM Recovery 5.0.2.6

Search This thread

boss_y

Jun 27, 2006
Yeah, good question. Now that geno and stocky are gone we have a problem... Maybe ret4rd and darksage will try to solve it.

Sent from my u8800

lateris

May 22, 2010
Thessaloniki
The recovery (CWM) doesn't work for my phone, too. I cannot install oxygen or MIUI. The phone keeps telling me that the ROM I am trying to install are not validated and aborts the process.

So I am stuck with the Stock ROM 2.3, which is not very good. It is very slow and has some silly problems.

One of the silly problems comes with swype. It is stuck, you cannot update it and you cannot add languages.

Blefish

Aug 19, 2011
The stock recovery meant for Huawei updating only.
I'm currently trying to port the latest CWM, but ran into some issues. It doesn't show me the recovery menu, but I have adb with root access, even when device is not rooted. I'm a newbie at this, so it takes time.

-e-
Got recovery half working. Soft keys doesn't work and reboots after couple of minutes. Will post updates if I get it properly working.

Sent from my U8800 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Hayden18

gkalen

Apr 5, 2011
Athens
Hi...
Can i use this on U8800 pro or not???
Running froyo 2.2.2 stock rom

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA Premium App

Tommixoft

Aug 12, 2011
it's bad idea to show which file is being backuped... it makes backup process slower because of that repaint of label with file names..

oskar1578

Jul 30, 2012
Hey im currently using Aurora ICS with CWM 5.5.0.4 is there anyway to "downgrade" to 5.0.2.6 so i could install Miui ? If so how thx for help still a newbie :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I take no responsibility for any harm that comes to your phone as a result of applying this mod.

Official Clockwork Mod Recovery 5.0.2.6

Note that ROM manager support isn't currently complete. ROM downloads etc should all be working fine, but it needs to be updated to properly flash the recovery. At the moment it uses a method called fakeflash which will load the latest recovery from within whatever recovery you have installed. All other aspects are working fine though.

Download:

Installation Instructions (upgrading - root explorer method):
    • Using any file explorer which is able to remount as writeable (such as root explorer), browse to the /cust_backup directory and remount it as writeable
    • Navigate to the image directory and backup up the current recovery by renaming it to something like recovery.bak, or _recovery.img
    • Rename the downloaded recovery to recovery.img and copy to the image directory.

Installation Instructions (new install):
    • Unplug any usb connection and turn the phone completely off
    • Whilst holding both the volume + and volume - keys hold the power button to turn the device on. Let go when you see a pink/purple screen.
    • Attach the usb cable to your computer and wait until a few usb mass storage devices are detected and mounted. Look for one that has just one directory called 'image' in it. Navigate into this directory and you'll see recovery.img etc.
    • (optional) Rename recovery.img to recovery_backup.img
    • copy the new recovery.img to image, unmount the mass storage device (safely remove in windows) and then pull the battery out to turn the phone off.
    • Hold volume + and power to boot to recovery.
    • Install any custom rom
    • Install rom manager and update to latest recovery

Source:
    https://github.com/stockwell/android_device_huawei_u8800
    I didnt get whats the benefit if i install this, is it just a better recovery?

Sent from my Huawei u8800 using XDA App

Pretty soon you will be able to download rom updates/kernels and install them straight from your phone using rom manager.

Users on stock should also be able to root their phone using z4root (or similar), download rom manager and use it to install the recovery (although it won't automatically detect their phone but that's not a big deal).

Hopefully this will all start working soon.
    Okay cool, Koush has added the recovery to rom manager.

Developers can get free hosting here: http://romshare.deployfu.com/
    Why mount /cust on /boot?

It has no functional purpose and just ****s it up.

"So after months of expecting Jacob to get us ROM manager support I got fed up and decided to do it myself. "

The lack of a ROM Manager release is due to me trying to avoid using the huawei init where I can, because it's full of stupid hacks.

Maybe after months of users complaining at me to do something I don't have to do, I might just get fed up and decide not to do it anymore.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is why I hate xda.

I changed it to /boot because first off I hate calling it /cust (it should be /cust_backup anyway), and second off because (unless I'm missing something, which I may well be) nandroid won't back it up without modification unless it's called boot. It doesn't **** anything up except for anykernel(which I fixed) because all of our rom install scripts explicitly mount mmcblk0p1 to /cust rather than just trying to mount cust and letting the fstab do the rest.

As for the rest of it, have a look at my github and my post. I'm not using the Huawei init and I'm not doing any modifications to the recovery source to achieve offmode charging. This port is fully functional and should be completely compatible with rom manager.

You're not obligated to do anything, I'm merely stating that ages ago you took money from people on this forum to buy a phone, and announced that you would be porting CM7 and getting official CWM recovery, so I expected rom manager support to come. Months later we have nothing, so I did it myself.

Current recovery works perfectly for what I use it, any reason to change? Does this enable anything special? Reading the "what's different" I don't see any reason why but i could be missing something.

Edit, Have no idea who this guy Jacob is but from a few posts I've seen from him, all he does is whine. Dude buy a stuffed animal or something.

There's no reason to change to this really, it's more of a 'pre-release' to make sure it works without any problems. If/when koush merges it into rom manager though this will be the version that's incorporated so I needed to make sure it didn't have any huge problems I missed.

will not comment that....

Stockwell, been making tests and apparently is not just the last Francisco's kernel that isn't working with this new recovery. All previous ones don’t work either.
    I have reverted to previous recovery until this is fixed or until I know if I'm doing something wrong

His new version should work now, AnyKernel (the method used to flash the kernel to the phone) needed a small modification to make it compatible with new and old version of recovery.
    Lets move on. Recovery is in rom manager now so lets improve upon it :D