New M.O.J.O. firmware available - v.0202

Search This thread

Mad Catz Rich

Dec 5, 2013
Hi All,

We'll be sending out a newsletter shortly to anyone who registered with us when they were setting up their MOJO but I thought the community here on XDA would appreciate some early notice. The new firmware release is available now and can be downloaded from this link:

ftp://86.54.116.234/pub/software/mojo/firmware/mojo-signed-ota-MO0202-WW.zip

I recommend downloading directly on MOJO so it goes straight into your Downloads folder. It's then simply a case of running the Software Update app in your All Apps view, selecting the 0202 update and then clicking Upgrade.

As I've mentioned on a few other threads this will remove Paul's Modaco Root Mod, but you can then reapply the mod back once the update has finished.

The main feature this update adds is Over The Air update capability so manual updating won't be required in future. It also addresses the bug with Bluetooth keyboards where the onscreen keyboard keeps appearing, along with a couple of other Bluetooth tweaks.

Domomojo

Jan 21, 2014
Hi All,

We'll be sending out a newsletter shortly to anyone who registered with us when they were setting up their MOJO but I thought the community here on XDA would appreciate some early notice. The new firmware release is available now and can be downloaded from this link:

I recommend downloading directly on MOJO so it goes straight into your Downloads folder. It's then simply a case of running the Software Update app in your All Apps view, selecting the 0202 update and then clicking Upgrade.

As I've mentioned on a few other threads this will remove Paul's Modaco Root Mod, but you can then reapply the mod back once the update has finished.

The main feature this update adds is Over The Air update capability so manual updating won't be required in future. It also addresses the bug with Bluetooth keyboards where the onscreen keyboard keeps appearing, along with a couple of other Bluetooth tweaks.

Any recommendation as to which FTP client to use? Not having any luck using the browsers.

mherma

Jan 11, 2014
Wheatfield, IN
I'm updated. No issues with the download or software upgrade. Was able to re-apply MoDaCo mod for MOJO with no issues as well. +1 Madcatz

Reactions: gwaldo

Domomojo

Jan 21, 2014
Cool!

From dolphin it goes to oprah classic for me and works

I don't understand what that means. Can you be more explicit? When, while using Dolphin, I click on the link provided, I get "page not found". Ditto when I use the stock browser. Have you downloaded an FTP client add on to Dolphin of ???

Mad Catz Rich

Dec 5, 2013
Did you install ES File Manager, as we recommend in our Getting Started section from the M.O.J.O. link on your homescreen? If not try it and then see if that can handle the download for you when you click the link.

Domomojo

Jan 21, 2014
Did you install ES File Manager, as we recommend in our Getting Started section from the M.O.J.O. link on your homescreen? If not try it and then see if that can handle the download for you when you click the link.

I did install ES File Manager when I initially set up my MOJO. At some point since then, I "updated" to version 2.4.9.8 (Aptoid notified me that an update was available if I recall correctly). Given your instructions, I went back and checked the version available from Google Play, which is 3.1.0.1. I uninstalled 2.4.9.8 and installed 3.1.0.1, and tried the URL you provided again, and now it is downloading (extremely slow download speed BTW - ~60Kb/s).

I read somewhere recently that Asian cultures enjoy ambiguity in their instructions. Whether that is true or not, I do not know. I however, detest ambiguity. If MCZ ever hopes to make MOJO ready for the masses, please be as explicit as possible with your instructions. Doing so will prevent a lot of frustration.

PS: Thanks for your help!

buggin0915

Dec 17, 2013
just use the link that is in the mojo setup app on your homepage it doesn't dl 110 its the link with new firmware

Domomojo

Jan 21, 2014
just use the link that is in the mojo setup app on your homepage it doesn't dl 110 its the link with new firmware

Downloaded the update and installed it per the previous post, but knowing that the update can be accomplished using the update firmware link contained in the mojo setup app is good to know. Thanks!

scorpio16v

Oct 3, 2006
www.youtube.com
The explanation from the entrance post may confuse some people.
It's not a must to download the firmware directly with the M.O.J.O.
You can download the update with your computer at the regular way and put the file on a sdcard.
It should be listed in the update tool, if you start it.
You only need to choose it and answer the dialogue box.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All,

I'm updated. No issues with the download or software upgrade. Was able to re-apply MoDaCo mod for MOJO with no issues as well. +1 Madcatz