Windows Mobile VoIP SIP Cab

Search This thread

ik8vwa

Sep 23, 2008
Just an info: does it show now any sign it is working on the sense or this latter one must be switched off?
Thanks

pitflyer

Feb 16, 2010
I couldn't get it to work on an HTC Mogul on Boost (Sprint) using 3G. I enabled the option and rebooted, but it doesn't seem like the phone either initiates the data connection or uses one if its existing.. so its 'not available' and hence uses the regular phone connection. Still, thanks OP for sharing. If there's any debugging I can do please advice.

kuntstubble

Jun 30, 2010
A friend of mine is trying this on his Omnia II (i8000) with the latest stock Samsung ROM, and he is cursed with the fact that it works but the SIP calls only output via speaker phone, not the ear piece which causes terrible echo.

He tried using audioroute to control the output but to no avail.

Could anyone recommend a possible solution?

Many thanks!

u.b.o.o.t

May 27, 2006
Doesn't work on my Sony Ericsson Aspen WM6.5.3 phone :(

It successfully registers with the sip provider and I am able to make a call, but when I hang up, it doesn't stop calling but pretends to have an active call.

And the output is routed through speaker phone only. I tried http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=519008 but it didn't help.

Any ideas?

dhillonbros

Dec 29, 2008
A friend of mine is trying this on his Omnia II (i8000) with the latest stock Samsung ROM, and he is cursed with the fact that it works but the SIP calls only output via speaker phone, not the ear piece which causes terrible echo.

He tried using audioroute to control the output but to no avail.

Could anyone recommend a possible solution?

Many thanks!

try to decrease volume to lowest level when making sip call. That will take care of echo.
Thanks

MethodMan

Sep 25, 2005
WM6.5 and now WM6.1
*********​
Install on Fresh OS
Tested on HD, HD2, Omnia II, mypad.
In your opinion do you think your VOIP cab would run well on an old HTC Wizard(8125) with a freshly install of Win 6.5(iphone killer rom)? If not is there another SIP program you can recommend that I can run on this old phone?

Thanks for your hard work on these cabs.

dhillonbros

Dec 29, 2008
In your opinion do you think your VOIP cab would run well on an old HTC Wizard(8125) with a freshly install of Win 6.5(iphone killer rom)? If not is there another SIP program you can recommend that I can run on this old phone?

Thanks for your hard work on these cabs.

----------------------

I would say, yes. sjphone is best alternative.

---------------------

angusc

May 12, 2006
Beijing
dhillonbros,

I have been using your "SipConfig.cab" and it works wel lon Energy ROM's....thanx for that. I use the AutoAudioRoute which also worked well for SKYPE audio routing and good for VOIP....except the ear volume is very low.

Now, can you help to set up a toggle for the Sense interface? I have been thinking about it and either we need a short cut that gets us to the PHONE/INTERNET settings so we can then toggle manually to the "Selected" or we need a toggle that will switch off the phone radio so that when we have the Internet setting set to "Only if Cellular is not availalbe" the action of switching off the phone radio will switch the VOIP to active mode.

Problem is that I do not know how to do this and make a short cut or link file to make any of this happen.

Do you have any ideas?

bobzero

Oct 4, 2008
Hey guys, when I try to save my SIP details, the program crashes and gives an error message. Running sipConfig.cab from first post installed to device memory on HTC Fuze with Aug 6 Energy ROM 23763, sense 2.5 cookie mod. I uninstalled and reinstalled, tried it about 3 times and it keeps crashing. really would love to get this program to work. Any ideas?

edit:

It stopped crashing after I enabled use 3g connection and changed the option to use SIP when available.

However, when I dial out, it is not using my SIP account, it is just dialing as normal. Is there anyway to see if it has successfully established a server connection?

Attachments

• ScreenShot1.Png
    ScreenShot1.Png
    40.3 KB · Views: 197
  • ScreenShot2.Png
    ScreenShot2.Png
    47 KB · Views: 133
  • ScreenShot3.Png
    ScreenShot3.Png
    47.3 KB · Views: 104
  • ScreenShot4.Png
    ScreenShot4.Png
    45.1 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

bobzero

Oct 4, 2008
When I enable WiFi, I can recieve SIP calls fine and the quality is good but when I disable Wifi, it refuses to use my 3G HSPDA connection. It's like it doesn't recognize it? I have the use voip over 3G checked off.

Also, another weird thing, when I am connected to Wifi, I can receive calls to my SIP number, however when I try to dial using my SIP it says your account has insufficient balance to call that number. This is not true. I can pick up my ATA phone and dial the same number using the same SIP settings and it dials just fine... what kind of error is this?

one further error, when I receive a call to my SIP number, my phone does not ring. When I call my cell phone number, the phone rings as normal.

After all these years VOIP is still very difficult on windows mobile :(

Thank you anyways OP, I do appreciate your work.

Edit:

It won't even let me uninstall it now. Can someone help me remove this program? When I goto uninstall it says it was not completely removed do oyu want to remove it form the list of installed programs? I click yes but it is still there in the list. and in the start menu and appears to be fully functional still.

Edit:

Managed to uninstall via killing cprog process via taskmanager and then uninstalling as normal.

Last edited:

angusc

May 12, 2006
Beijing
Hey guys, when I try to save my SIP details, the program crashes and gives an error message. Running sipConfig.cab from first post installed to device memory on HTC Fuze with Aug 6 Energy ROM 23763, sense 2.5 cookie mod. I uninstalled and reinstalled, tried it about 3 times and it keeps crashing. really would love to get this program to work. Any ideas?

edit:

It stopped crashing after I enabled use 3g connection and changed the option to use SIP when available.

However, when I dial out, it is not using my SIP account, it is just dialing as normal. Is there anyway to see if it has successfully established a server connection?

If you have "When Available" selected then connect your WIFI and when you switch to your phone Dialer by pressing the Dial key, you should see the operator name has changed to your SIP provider name. this indicates that the SIP VOIP service is ready to be used. then when you dial a number and press the dial soft butto you should hear an audiable "bing" from the loudspeaker which also indicates you are dialing using the SIP account. if you have not installed any sound switching software then the call will be via the loud speaker as this is a "trait" of the native WM VOIP service. I use the sound switch program AutoAudioRoute as per my signature.

I currently do not know of any way to toggle between the "When Availalbe" or "Only if Cell is not availalbe" when using Sense 2.5....this would be a real great discovery if someone knows how to acheive it........

MethodMan

Sep 25, 2005
Ok I just installed this with the dialplan and audioswitch cab for my HTC Wizard with WM6.5 (iphone killer rom). Unfortunately after I entered all the sip config info, I keep getting the "No Service" message. I triple checked all the info but alas I am stuck.

Any ideas before I switch to sjphone?

angusc

May 12, 2006
Beijing
Ok I just installed this with the dialplan and audioswitch cab for my HTC Wizard with WM6.5 (iphone killer rom). Unfortunately after I entered all the sip config info, I keep getting the "No Service" message. I triple checked all the info but alas I am stuck.

Any ideas before I switch to sjphone?

Did you check that you ipdialplan.xml had been updated by checking it in the Windows folder? You should be able to open it with the iExplorer to read its contents to check your country code and area code details. Are you sure about the details that you entered for your SIP Server provider and saved the changes on exit.

q2n

Jun 4, 2010
SIP/VOIP for non-touchscreen units?

Any possibility of having these run on non-touchscreen units? None work on my (unlocked) Dash 3G(/Snap/Maple) with WM 6.5 stock ROM.

Have read thru the old thread (t=596682) and this one, but can't find the key (if one exists). Any suggestions welcome . . .

dsplayer

Aug 11, 2010
ROM: ENERGY ROM 23673
Which cab did you use? The sipConfigDialPlan.cab? - I'm also using the Energy ROM (but with maxsense) and SIP sometimes registers, sometimes not.

I tried with TAEL ROM. There, I installed all cabs in the order they appeared at the home page. And it worked... - But I think, installing all cabs is not necessary?!

hardmax

Aug 13, 2010
Not work in Samsung i637 with wm6.5

Hi dhillonbros,

Excelent work, but in my phone i can't access to sip config tool.

This error appear:

SipConfig.exe
NotSupportedException
in
Microsoft.AGL.Common.MISC.HandleAr()

I find that is for my Smartphone. It Don't support some bottons. How Can I config without this tool? or exist another tool for my software version.

Can you help me.

Thanks a lot

angusc

May 12, 2006
Beijing
Here is a settings short cut link file for Sense. If you copy this file to your /Windows/Start Menu/Programs folder then link it on the short cuts of Sense it will take you to the INTERNET settings screen where you can then select "Whenever Available" or "Never", thus you are able to more quickly switch VOIP "on" or "off".

Please remember to remove the ".txt" extension to leave only the "VOIPSettings.lnk" file name.

updated the link file with correct one! create the link in notepad with the following:

23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,20,3

Attachments

• VOIPsettings.lnk.txt
    26 bytes · Views: 113
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New IMPROVED CABS HERE

WM6.5 and now WM6.1
    Install on Fresh OS
    Tested and flying on my HD, HD2, Omnia II, Glofiish M700, Touch Pro2[Rhodium], BlueAngel[PDA2K].

This time i have made single cab[sipConfig.cab] with Schap`s voip setup inbuilt. Hopefully 3g option will work with this cab as i have changed few settings. Tweaked is home screen item selection[select thru Available and selected to make cellular call or sip/voip call{one have to use classic home screen to do this}]. This cab is GSM codec based unlike previous cabs hence very low bandwidth is required to place calls, Can be used to make calls over GPRS but not sure. Quality of calls is .99/1 and no dropouts and one can call as long as credit available in account. What else, as this cab will integrate into phone system, it is very easy to use with addressbook, etc. I have attached audioswitch out file which if installed comes into action[can hear from earpiece] 13 seconds after phone window is active on screen, doesn`t matter calling or recieving. I have also attached SRS file just in case if someone hear less/low volume from earpiece just follow the instructions attached. Also attaced is Wifi always on file which some HD2 users need. Also 5060 port has been enabled in these cabs but you may need to forward 5060UDP port in your router for possible two way communication. Hopefully you guys like this cab, Please leave comments and suggestions. Thanks
    Credits to developers.

*Most of the bugs has been fixed discussced in previous cabs.
    Previous Cabs can be found here

--------------------------------------------
    UPDATE : 1
    DIAL PLAN
    New cab[sipConfigDialPlan.cab] with jaaps Dial Plan inbuilt. Both sipConfig(setupVOIP) and DialPlan can be accessed from Start Menu. Now one have the option to install with or without dial plan. Thanks

UPDATE : 2
    GPS
    Now there will be no problem when using GPS [File Updated]

UPDATE : 3
    START MENU
    Only one instance of voipSetup shortcut in start menu

UPDATE : 4
    WM6.1 SUPPORT
    Now WM6.1 OS supported just choose the cab with WM6.1 written in it, others are for WM6.5 OS.

UPDATE : 5
    VOLUME INCREASE Tip By: angusc Thanks
    Now one will be able to hear bit loud sound either from back speaker or earpiece.

UPDATE : 6
    OTHER CODEC SUPPORT
    Now all major codec supported ie: G.711 a-law, G.711 u-law, GSM codec.
    --------------------------------------------
    *RECOMENDED INSTALL LOCATION : DEVICE*
    *DO NOT INSTALL ALL CABS, JUST INSTALL ONLY ONE YOU WANT*
    *IF NOT WORKING OR GIVES YOU ERROR, THEN ITS OPERATING SYSTEM LIMITATION*
    *DO NOT INSTALL WM6.1 CABS ON WM6.5 OS AND VISE VERSA*
    *AudioSwitch.cab/WifiNoStandby.CAB/Tested SRS.rar cabs are OPTIONAL and can be installed on both WM6.1 and WM6.5 OS*