[Q] Can't Reroot

Search This thread

XRSTOY1

Apr 12, 2011
After flashing back to Mk2 and trying to regain root using safe root. The installer will not see the phone no mater what I do. I've redone drivers, tried multiple computers I've enabled and turned on Debugging. All of that. EVERYTHING else see it. But not ADB it sees my Galaxy s3 no problem.
I first rooted the phone without safe root. But I can't find anything anymore I tried to use terminal emulator but the phone blocks it. Anyone have any Ideas? should I reflash MK2 in odin?

Hashbang173

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 6, 2012
After flashing back to Mk2 and trying to regain root using safe root. The installer will not see the phone no mater what I do. I've redone drivers, tried multiple computers I've enabled and turned on Debugging. All of that. EVERYTHING else see it. But not ADB it sees my Galaxy s3 no problem.
I first rooted the phone without safe root. But I can't find anything anymore I tried to use terminal emulator but the phone blocks it. Anyone have any Ideas? should I reflash MK2 in odin?

Did you connect as Media device? Then try adb devices.

XRSTOY1

Apr 12, 2011
Yes I did as Media device but what do you mean by adb devices where is that? I did try to find it in a adb shell no luck I tried a totally different computer as well no go.

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
Yes I did as Media device but what do you mean by adb devices where is that? I did try to find it in a adb shell no luck I tried a totally different computer as well no go.

"adb devices" is a command using the ADB utility. It lists what devices it sees connected.
For example, no phone:

C:\temp\android>adb devices
List of devices attached

Phone attached:
C:\temp\android>adb devices
List of devices attached
32cec1eb device

It's also possible that USB debugging got somehow disabled - settings/more/developer options/usb debugging. Make sure it's selected.

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
"adb devices" is a command using the ADB utility. It lists what devices it sees connected.
For example, no phone:

Phone attached:

It's also possible that USB debugging got somehow disabled - settings/more/developer options/usb debugging. Make sure it's selected.

can you also toggle the revoke USB debugging authorization to reset the communication with adb?

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
can you also toggle the revoke USB debugging authorization to reset the communication with adb?

Yes, that also can get it re-enabled. Unplug, revoke authorization, unlock the phone, then re-plug it and re-authorize.
In those cases, however, the phone will show up in "adb devices" as "offline".

XRSTOY1

Apr 12, 2011
Thanks I did ADB devices and it showed my device but it said offline, I tried the Revoke Authorization but I can't get the phone to ask if the computer is ok?

XRSTOY1

Apr 12, 2011
Problem solved

I tried the Revoke Authorization but I can't get the phone to ask if the computer is ok prompt. I did a full factory reset and cache wipe four times still only shows offline. I rebooted into recovery saw load update from ADB and adb start-server and got host but couldn't load the install.bat

Problem solved follow this guide
http://www.droidextra.org/2013/12/24/solved-fix-adb-devices-offline-100-working.html

Last edited:

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
I tried the Revoke Authorization but I can't get the phone to ask if the computer is ok prompt. I did a full factory reset and cache wipe four times still only shows offline. I rebooted into recovery saw load update from ADB and adb start-server and got host but couldn't load the install.bat

Problem solved follow this guide
http://www.droidextra.org/2013/12/24/solved-fix-adb-devices-offline-100-working.html

That's one I wouldn't normally think of - if that worked for you, then it means that you had an old, out-of-date version of ADB on your system.
Thanks for letting me know about the fix, as it's a pretty hard one to detect and easily fixed one you know about it.