{ROM} Arabic htc chacha 1.57 root and app2sd ext4

Search This thread
This ROM is custom build based on OTA update -> 1.57.415.3
Android version 2.3.5 - build (1.57.415.3)

Zipaligned
Busybox
Busybox scripts run-parts enabled
Zipalign
Updated kernel support for ext4 and swap
and full rooted su

Nothing removed or deleted (Application)

apps moved from system/app to data/app:
facebook
gmail
Maps
YouTube
talk

Apps added:
a2sd
Cube calculator
Android_Terminal

Thanks to
dsixda for Kitchen

Install all ROMs using clockworkmod recovery: (Install at own risk)
Download ROM
http://www.mediafire.com/?dbs7v9wf7zislxv

Same as Above but Sense UI and all dependent widgets removed and ADWLauncher added

http://www.mediafire.com/?si2s5828zjuisak

Last edited:

stayfidz

Aug 20, 2010
hello,
can you explaint what does this Rom gives you?
1. full arabic menus?
2. support fo arabic keys?
thanks

stayfidz

Aug 20, 2010
Hello,

1. My chacha is rooted with an European RUU, can i reflash it with this rom?
2. Does this rom offer both menus, English and Arabic,or only arabic?

how to activate app2sd

thanks for the rom
I installed it but I don't know how to activate app2sd if you can show us it will be great
thanks again

Do you want to check??

- (root needed) Use the app Rootexplorer or ES File Explorer and browse to the places (/system/sd) if you see directories app, app-private and any-other directories a2sd is working. you can check which app has been moved to ext partition in app directory. If you do not see directories follow bellow steps.

I am not be held responsible for any lost data or turning your phone into a brick.

partitioning your SD card will format it and you will lose all data on the card. Please do yourself a favor and backup all contents of your SD card to your PC!

Typically it’s best to have a2sd setup before you flash a ROM

Back up all your data from the SD card to your PC

Clockwork -?creates ext3 partitions by default, if you are using latest ClockworkMod Recovery v5.0.2.8 port for the HTC Chacha by adlx.xda's, I believe it creates ext4 partitions by default & limited size choices. I believe the options are 512, 1024, 2048, respectively

Boot into recovery.

Main menu in recovery scroll down to advanced press the enter button.

Now in the advanced menu scroll down to the Partition SD card option and press the enter button

When asked for the ext size, I recommend using 512mb or 1GB. There can be stability issues going over 1.5GB

When asked for the swap size 0mb, 128mb or 250mb, its your choice if you want to use swap otherwise select 0mb. (This Rom support swap)

Time to flash ROM.

To view the help of a2sd you need to have terminal emulator for android, Evey time you run terminal emulator you will need to type this command “su” (without the ” ) hit enter this gives terminal super user access.

Type a2sd check and hit enter again, It will display the settings for apps, private apps, dalvik, swap, zipalign, & low memory killer settings, it will also display suggested commands for each parameter. You can also type a2sd help for a list of all supported commands. It is very easy to use.

If you had already installed Rom, you may need to issue this command in Terminal Emulator in order to enable it

a2sd reinstall
Moves all current and future non-system apps to the sd card & performs a full reboot

Last edited:

tOz666

Mar 22, 2010
Valencia
How did you add ext4 and swap support to the kernel? I want to do that on an European ROM that i'm cooking, but it only supports ext2,ext3 and no swap (it's stock HTC kernel)

tOz666

Mar 22, 2010
Valencia
you will have to build a new kernel to support ext4 and swap.

just Google it how to build kernel for android..
I think it is only possible in Linux.

Yes I know... but maybe you have patched HTC kernel sources for ChaCha, and added the code to support ext4 and swap... just want to know if I'm correct what patches you have applied.

danishjamil

Aug 11, 2010
Lahore
Do you want to check??

- (root needed) Use the app Rootexplorer or ES File Explorer and browse to the places (/system/sd) if you see directories app, app-private and any-other directories a2sd is working. you can check which app has been moved to ext partition in app directory. If you do not see directories follow bellow steps.

I am not be held responsible for any lost data or turning your phone into a brick.

partitioning your SD card will format it and you will lose all data on the card. Please do yourself a favor and backup all contents of your SD card to your PC!

Typically it’s best to have a2sd setup before you flash a ROM

Back up all your data from the SD card to your PC

Clockwork -?creates ext3 partitions by default, if you are using latest ClockworkMod Recovery v5.0.2.8 port for the HTC Chacha by adlx.xda's, I believe it creates ext4 partitions by default & limited size choices. I believe the options are 512, 1024, 2048, respectively

Boot into recovery.

Main menu in recovery scroll down to advanced press the enter button.

Now in the advanced menu scroll down to the Partition SD card option and press the enter button

When asked for the ext size, I recommend using 512mb or 1GB. There can be stability issues going over 1.5GB

When asked for the swap size 0mb, 128mb or 250mb, its your choice if you want to use swap otherwise select 0mb. (This Rom support swap)

Time to flash ROM.

To view the help of a2sd you need to have terminal emulator for android, Evey time you run terminal emulator you will need to type this command “su” (without the ” ) hit enter this gives terminal super user access.

Type a2sd check and hit enter again, It will display the settings for apps, private apps, dalvik, swap, zipalign, & low memory killer settings, it will also display suggested commands for each parameter. You can also type a2sd help for a list of all supported commands. It is very easy to use.

If you had already installed Rom, you may need to issue this command in Terminal Emulator in order to enable it

a2sd reinstall
Moves all current and future non-system apps to the sd card & performs a full reboot
A2SD can be confirmed by just using Titanium Backup.. :) Simplest Way..

tablighs

Mar 1, 2011
What is the recommended microsd class speed if I want to use app2sd and move all my apps/apps data/dalvik cache to sdcard? I don't know what is the limitation of the implemented app2sd in this rom. For what I know app2sd+ does that.

Thanks.

Talebs

Feb 26, 2010
Hello,
I am new to this cha cha business... :(

Just want to try out this rom and want to flash but do I have to go through all those cumbersome unlocking and rooting activity mentioned in the [Unlock ] Official Unlock via HTCdev!

Pls advice.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This ROM is custom build based on OTA update -> 1.57.415.3
    Android version 2.3.5 - build (1.57.415.3)

Zipaligned
    Busybox
    Busybox scripts run-parts enabled
    Zipalign
    Updated kernel support for ext4 and swap
    and full rooted su

Nothing removed or deleted (Application)

apps moved from system/app to data/app:
    facebook
    gmail
    Maps
    YouTube
    talk

Apps added:
    a2sd
    Cube calculator
    Android_Terminal

Thanks to
    dsixda for Kitchen

Install all ROMs using clockworkmod recovery: (Install at own risk)
    Download ROM
    http://www.mediafire.com/?dbs7v9wf7zislxv

Same as Above but Sense UI and all dependent widgets removed and ADWLauncher added

http://www.mediafire.com/?si2s5828zjuisak
    Awesome! Good job :)
    I flashed this rom 2,3 months ago...its great...Ive partitioned my sd card and i'm no longer worry about low int memory,,,i remove a lot of bloatware like useless widgets,calculator and etc...i love this rom so much,,,its awesome,,,fantastic:):thumbup:

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using xda app-developers app
    hey
    I have edited your rom and updated a lot of apps added a mod to make the battery last longer ,changed the icons on notification bar added ics multitasking way with super kill and added a mod to make apps install directly to sd , bla bla bla .
    but i had some problems with theming.. do you want to help me building an update for this rom?
    and if you don't want to help .... can i post the edited rom ?
    :angel: thanks anyway
    Battery life

Thanks man for this ammazing Rom, its very stable, and i finaly dont have to worry about memory space thanks to you :) I have only one question, what i can do to improve battery live ?

I find the most effective way to get long battery life is to switch off data Network, unless you're using it.
    I make this manually, other than that nothing really works.