[Q] Video frame rate issue

Search This thread

MrSefe

Sep 24, 2008
Tampere
I'm having weird issues with video recording. If I start filming in bright light, the frame rate is abysmal (about 2 fps). In normal room lighting there is no problem and the frame rate is good enough.

The weird part is that if I start recording in the room light and step out side to very bright day light, the frame rate stays good. And if I start in bright light with bad fps it stays bad no matter the lighting.

Anyone else having this issue?

edit: my phone is stock and is running OS version 7.10.7740.16

Last edited:
Reactions: paulosaints

vmjoaquim

Jul 25, 2011
BPNT
Hmmm, my phone has the same configuration as yours: Stock rom and everything. I tried what you said, recording from bright light to room & vice versa, but my transitions seem to be smooth with no lags :/ I believe your camera is on it's default settings?

When in camera mode, try panning the camera from bright light to dim & vice versa, see if there are any lags of choppiness in between the transition. If there isn't, there shouldn't be any problems. If there is, I'm not sure what's causing it.

Does anyone here has had this issue as well?

MrSefe

Sep 24, 2008
Tampere
I've tried to do just like you told and I have some example videos but I can't link to them as I'm new member (joined 2008, never written anything before :)

Couple a days I did some filming outside and I had to start recording by covering the lens with my finger every time to get normal fps. This way it works fine and I get good quality.

I don't know if it has something to do with that there's really bright outside during day because all the snow here but I can also replicate the problem by pointing camera to my monitor.

This is new issue for me too as it was working fine untill now.

btw. It seems to work fine if I use VGA quality.

I just hope I don't have to reset my phone.

Last edited:

vmjoaquim

Jul 25, 2011
BPNT
Hmmm, I guess no else has had this problem. But this is a really unique one since VGA works, there's no reason why 720p isn't working. Perhaps bringing the phone to the service center might be of help? :/

paulosaints

Apr 20, 2012
frames problem

Hmmm, I guess no else has had this problem. But this is a really unique one since VGA works, there's no reason why 720p isn't working. Perhaps bringing the phone to the service center might be of help? :/

Hi joaquim! Dont feel lonely, i also have this problem on my mozart phone. I've made a search on youtube, and i also noted that there are several users with the same problem.
I also have another problem, it gets difficult to change from the phone mode to video mode. Every time i press the cam icon to change the mode to video, i hear some clicks inside the phone and the imagem starts to focus. I have to click several times until i can change the mode.

Also, i see no solution for this :p

amowolves

Dec 1, 2007
your not alone i have this problem too and it happened on my stock rom and even now on the latest custom rom that i installed. I have not tried the finger trick though.

I also tried doing some searching and the only thing i found pointed at possible sd card issues...i have swapped out the deafault 8gb sdcard for a 16gb one and they state that if it is not class 5/6 then it could be too slow writing 720p data.

but like you i have no problem recording 720p indoors just outside or in bright light....

C

ciarank01

I have noticed that this only occurs in 720p mode, in VGA mode works fine though :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm having weird issues with video recording. If I start filming in bright light, the frame rate is abysmal (about 2 fps). In normal room lighting there is no problem and the frame rate is good enough.

The weird part is that if I start recording in the room light and step out side to very bright day light, the frame rate stays good. And if I start in bright light with bad fps it stays bad no matter the lighting.

Anyone else having this issue?

edit: my phone is stock and is running OS version 7.10.7740.16
    Hmmm, my phone has the same configuration as yours: Stock rom and everything. I tried what you said, recording from bright light to room & vice versa, but my transitions seem to be smooth with no lags :/ I believe your camera is on it's default settings?

When in camera mode, try panning the camera from bright light to dim & vice versa, see if there are any lags of choppiness in between the transition. If there isn't, there shouldn't be any problems. If there is, I'm not sure what's causing it.

Does anyone here has had this issue as well?
    I've tried to do just like you told and I have some example videos but I can't link to them as I'm new member (joined 2008, never written anything before :)

Couple a days I did some filming outside and I had to start recording by covering the lens with my finger every time to get normal fps. This way it works fine and I get good quality.

I don't know if it has something to do with that there's really bright outside during day because all the snow here but I can also replicate the problem by pointing camera to my monitor.

This is new issue for me too as it was working fine untill now.

btw. It seems to work fine if I use VGA quality.

I just hope I don't have to reset my phone.