ROOT L7

Search This thread

dr4cul4

Oct 23, 2007
Anyone managed to root V10H?

I'm still fighting but it seam to be impossible (I don't want to play with system.ext4.img.... it's messy)

Cheers

dr4cul4

Oct 23, 2007
Tested on V10I EU Open and no joy :(

Script fails to link /data/local.prop :(

Last edited:

pjm2005

Mar 5, 2009
I have found, finally, a working method to do it! We must all thank petmanel, for showing me how to do it!
1. Extract the attached file;
2. Flash V10I ( I suggest to use EUROPE OPEN version, because i am using and i tested it!), chose it from here;
3. In the folder "What you desire!" run "RunMe.bat" and follow the steps.
4. Enjoy!

How to flash: Tutorial
Note: USB DEBUGGING must be ON! Also phone must be connected in PC software mode.

HAVE FUN!

THE HARD WAY!- Method:
1. Download and extract the file i attached, we will need it later.
2. Go here: DOWNLOAD FLASHING PROGRAMS and follow the steps, but stop at "3." .
3. Run "UpTestEX_mod2_marwin" ->Set emeregency, 3gQCT and select the kdz file ( EUROPE OPEN V10I)
4. Click on Start Upgrade!
5. Now you go in "What you desire!" folder and click on RunMe.bat -> follow the steps for root!
6. Enjoy!

Note: If it doesn't root , unroot then root again! If Note didn't still succeed use Note. :D
I have found, finally, a working method to do it! We must all thank petmanel, for showing me how to do it!
2. Flash V10I ( I suggest to use EUROPE OPEN version, because i am using and i tested it!), chose it from here;
4. Enjoy!

Note: USB DEBUGGING must be ON! Also phone must be connected in PC software mode.

HAI FRIEND,
LET ME EXPRESS MY UTMOST THANKS TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I"M FROM INDIA & I RECENTLY UPDATED THE F/W TO v10f.
WITHOUT ANY FLASHING I WAS ABLE TO ROOT THE PHONE ON 28.12.2012 SUCCESSFULLY.!!!
ALSO I UPGRADED TO THE SUPERUSER PRO
I WAS ALSO ABLE TO USE THE REVERSE TETHER TECHNIQUE USING THE - "xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t= 1371345"

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN!
KEEP GOING.........................:laugh:

fmangeac

Mar 21, 2012
Chiajna
Hello ,I try to root lg L7 with v10i rom and I get stuck at running, I waited 40 minutes and nothing happens, what can you recommend to do. Thanks

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 313

petrescu

Feb 2, 2012
Pitesti
Hello ,I try to root lg L7 with v10i rom and I get stuck at running, I waited 40 minutes and nothing happens, what can you recommend to do. Thanks

Does anyone read what is says? I said if something is wrong it will run forever. That means that the phone is not connected how it should. You need to be in USB Debugging Mode and in PC Soft. mode (or how it is named :D, something with PC).

darko1515

Apr 17, 2010
Problems with V10c-SEP-03-2012 orange

Hy. I am not able to root my L7. Let me teel you what I have done till now: My SW is V10c-SEP-03-2012 orange version from Romania.
First of all I tried as saied in a post here just the steps from 3-4. My phone rebuted just one more time, and seemed that it passed the root process because the .bat window autoclosed. But in the end my phone wasn't rooted. Tried a few times this process but with the same result.
Now I decided to try he whole process from 1-4. Downloaded the Europe Open V10I LGP700 and with a little bit of struggle I manage to falsh V10I by petrescu method. My phone finished this process, and after the phone restarted I got an error about 'network' or something like that and got a signal error and the phone reboted ,and this proces will continue , and stop only by removing the battery. I reconnected the phone by volume up + power and flashed another Firmware ROM/ROMANIA V10I, but with the same error and restart problem.
I tried also NEU/EUROPE OPEN V10C but no luck. At the end I manage to make my phone work by flashing ORR/ORG ROMANIA(ROMANIA) V10C.

What sould I try next, or is something that I am doing wrong?

petrescu

Feb 2, 2012
Pitesti
Hy. I am not able to root my L7. Let me teel you what I have done till now: My SW is V10c-SEP-03-2012 orange version from Romania.
First of all I tried as saied in a post here just the steps from 3-4. My phone rebuted just one more time, and seemed that it passed the root process because the .bat window autoclosed. But in the end my phone wasn't rooted. Tried a few times this process but with the same result.
Now I decided to try he whole process from 1-4. Downloaded the Europe Open V10I LGP700 and with a little bit of struggle I manage to falsh V10I by petrescu method. My phone finished this process, and after the phone restarted I got an error about 'network' or something like that and got a signal error and the phone reboted ,and this proces will continue , and stop only by removing the battery. I reconnected the phone by volume up + power and flashed another Firmware ROM/ROMANIA V10I, but with the same error and restart problem.
I tried also NEU/EUROPE OPEN V10C but no luck. At the end I manage to make my phone work by flashing ORR/ORG ROMANIA(ROMANIA) V10C.

What sould I try next, or is something that I am doing wrong?

I have no ideea why it doesn't work. You must have USB Debugging on and the phone connected in PC mode. I rooted and derooted my phone over 50 times to test if it works and i am on V10I Open Europe.

darko1515

Apr 17, 2010
I have no ideea why it doesn't work. You must have USB Debugging on and the phone connected in PC mode. I rooted and derooted my phone over 50 times to test if it works and i am on V10I Open Europe.

I had those 2 options checked, if i didn't, I wouldn't be able to get so far in the flashing process. Can I try flashing other firmware from another country? or just Romania and Open europe?

Last edited:

fmangeac

Mar 21, 2012
Chiajna
Finally after many attempts I managed to root my LG L7, for those who have failed, try to install firmware 75 NEU/EUROPE OPEN V10I LGP700 262.12 MiB 2456 Online and then root it, for me it worked. Thank you.

elektrotiko

Nov 12, 2009
For those who didnot manage to successfully root their p700:

Click here (w*w*w*lg.com/uk/support-mobile/lg-P700[/url]) to download USB drivers for windows [LGUnitedMobileDriver_S4981MAN38AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3.8.1.exe]

And then follow the steps by the thread starter. I had hard times too when i was trying to find out what the problem was with the rooting batch file.

Last edited:

petrescu

Feb 2, 2012
Pitesti
For those who didnot manage to successfully root their p700:

Click here (w*w*w*lg.com/uk/support-mobile/lg-P700[/url]) to download USB drivers for windows [LGUnitedMobileDriver_S4981MAN38AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3.8.1.exe]

And then follow the steps by the thread starter. I had hard times too when i was trying to find out what the problem was with the rooting batch file.

Forgot to mention the drivers, thx mate :D

Reactions: elektrotiko

darko1515

Apr 17, 2010
I tried that first time I had started to flash my p700, I have had installed those drivers but no luck. I didn't mange to flash any firmware (european open - all of them, romania -orange and stock) and not get the error about the signal and rebuting all over again problem.
So no root for me at this moment:crying:

dotzeno

Feb 12, 2010
Hong Kong

I just got a P705 from my aunt (v10e)

Tried to root it using all the batch applications - none of them worked.
Eventually figured out I needed a v10i firmware.
Took your word for it so I downloaded the v10i firmware for China (which I thought would work since this phone was purchased in Hong Kong)

Went through the whole, 3GQCT/EMERGENCY MODE/START UPGRADE process which ended up getting me stuck in Emergency Mode.
Out of Emergency Mode now, but awaiting further instructions before I force myself into a corner again.

I'm on Win8 if that matters.

edit: please correct me if I have misunderstood something.

Last edited:

petrescu

Feb 2, 2012
Pitesti
I just got a P705 from my aunt (v10e)

Tried to root it using all the batch applications - none of them worked.
Eventually figured out I needed a v10i firmware.
Took your word for it so I downloaded the v10i firmware for China (which I thought would work since this phone was purchased in Hong Kong)

Went through the whole, 3GQCT/EMERGENCY MODE/START UPGRADE process which ended up getting me stuck in Emergency Mode.
Out of Emergency Mode now, but awaiting further instructions before I force myself into a corner again.

I'm on Win8 if that matters.

edit: please correct me if I have misunderstood something.

USB Divers+ USB Debugging+ PC Software Mode+ My root tool. Where does it get stuck?

Reactions: dotzeno

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    REQUIREMENTS:
    - USB Debugging ON
    - Phone connected in PC Software mode;
    - Usb drivers: on http://www.lg.com

How to do it:
    2. In the folder "What you desire!" run "RunMe.bat" and follow the steps.
    3. Enjoy!

I've tested it on OPEN EUROPE: V10 A,C, I.
    If it does not work the first time, reinstall the drivers and restart the phone.

HAVE FUN!

THE HARD WAY!- Method:
    3. Run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe" ->Set emeregency, 3gQCT and select the kdz file ( EUROPE OPEN V10 A or C or I, all work)
    4. Click on Launch software update!
    5. W8 until is done. (KDZ_FW_UPD, will force close, do not panic, this is what it is supposed to do)
    6. Now you go in "What you desire!" folder and click on RunMe.bat -> follow the steps for root!
    7. Enjoy!

Note: If it doesn't root , unroot then root again! If Note didn't still succeed use Note. :D
    We must thank petmanel for giving me an idea.
    If you've tested on any other version and it worked say in BOLD so i can complete the list, thx.
    4. Enjoy!

HAVE FUN!

THE HARD WAY!- Method:
    3. Run "UpTestEX_mod2_marwin" ->Set emeregency, 3gQCT and select the kdz file ( EUROPE OPEN V10I)
    4. Click on Start Upgrade!
    5. Now you go in "What you desire!" folder and click on RunMe.bat -> follow the steps for root!
    6. Enjoy!

4. Enjoy!

HAI FRIEND,
    LET ME EXPRESS MY UTMOST THANKS TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I"M FROM INDIA & I RECENTLY UPDATED THE F/W TO v10f.
    WITHOUT ANY FLASHING I WAS ABLE TO ROOT THE PHONE ON 28.12.2012 SUCCESSFULLY.!!!
    ALSO I UPGRADED TO THE SUPERUSER PRO
    I WAS ALSO ABLE TO USE THE REVERSE TETHER TECHNIQUE USING THE - "xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t= 1371345"

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN!
    KEEP GOING.........................:laugh:
    You're the man!!!..thanks it works on my P705 flashed with v10f firmware india....cheers:highfive:

I'm happy it worked! ;)
    Good Job...

I make direction link to this thread if you dont mind

Thank you

No problem! Thanks! I just want to help ^.^!
    I am not a developer, but i desire to learn... Can anyone work on a custom ROM? :D Or a Recovery at least? :good:

Improved ^.^
    has anyone try this rooting on p705 jb v20a ?

JB should not work, you can try but it may not work...