[ROM][JDQ39E][AOSP][LINARO][SM-TOOLCHAIN-4.9.0] 4.2.2 SaberMod - RC4

Add battery percentage mod with no toggle?

• Yes

Votes: 29 80.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

mjs2011

May 25, 2011
Re: [ROM][JOP40D][AOSP][LINARO] 4.2.1 SaberMod - Updated 01/28/13

Oh cool thanks again!

And for the record, I CAN tell the difference in performance and battery. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Reactions: sparksco and danny8

danny8

Currently running the January 25 build of SaberMod ROM. I'm about to flash the new release.

For those running TWRP, you might be interested in updating to the newest version.

Something I didn't know but learned from watching the XDA newscast is that TWRP may be updated using the menu in Goo Manager. I did it that way. It was simple.

Update: new SaberMod build is running fine. Don't forget, a "normal" update involves flashing three zip files. Read the OP if this seems unfamiliar.

-- Battery anecdote: I charged my Nexus 7 last evening, unplugged the charger, and left it on my bedstand with wifi off and screen off.

Picked up the Nexus about noon, turned it on and it said "charged". Not 99% or even less, but "charged". That's impressive.

Last edited:

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro

Something I didn't know but learned from watching the XDA newscast is that TWRP may be updated using the menu in Goo Manager. I did it that way. It was simple.
uploadfromtaptalk1359839990305.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7

stonebear

Sep 26, 2011
Last edited:
Reactions: waz675 and mjs2011

mjs2011

May 25, 2011

Confirmed that the new build fixes the audio issue I was experiencing. Thanks!

Reactions: waz675

friedsonjm

Oct 30, 2008
Google Pixel 7 Pro

waz675

Jun 9, 2012
Geelong

Superb ROM. Using stock kernel on latest public release and loving it. Battery guide is at 78% left with gaming (backstab HD) tapatalk, browser, downloads, network transfer and some benchmarks giving me 1hr52 screen on with 9 or 10hrs since last charge.

7 to 9 hrs with my 'heavy usage ' patterns makes me happy. Plus smooth general feel in nova. Might see how this compares tonight if I try faux's kernel (have been a faux123 devotee for a good while).

Either way, this rom rocks. Will see how time tells if faux or stock kernel gives me more 'bang' for my particular needs, no disrespect from me at all. Wrote my first computershare code over 30 years ago and did Linux kernel Modding about 20 years ago (hell, had Larry wall give me personal perl coding tips and he invented perl, I used to be a big user/hacker of code) but a motorbike injury and subsequent pain stopped my work + coding life.

Overall, my limited n7 usage of 15 to 22 hrs a day for 2 1/2 weeks (thanks pain induced insomnia giving me more time to use tech) besides kids/family time has led me to this being my favourite rom out of say 5 or 6 different roms I've tested for 24hrs minimum.

Tl/Dr. THIS ROM ROCKS! Excuse me until my morning pain meds kick in in 4 hrs sleep heh.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: sparksco

chopt51

Jun 28, 2012
Google Pixel 6a
Google Pixel 7

Downloading... is there any possible way to merge the optimus circles lock screen mod with this ROM?

shinesthru

Apr 21, 2011
St. Paul, MN

Downloading... is there any possible way to merge the optimus circles lock screen mod with this ROM?

Possible? Maybe. Probable? No, as this is not a feature heavy ROM, but mostly about stability and speed.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

stonebear

Sep 26, 2011
BBCiPlayer won't work with this ROM anymore, pretty sure it used to. It's a Brit thing so a bit obscure for a lot of people here I guess?

I checked with some other AOSP ROMs and it doesn't work on "CodefireX" either, but does work on "rasbeanjelly".

I also tried some CM based ROMS but it turns out I just don't like CM on the N7 anyway, lol. Too slow after AOSP.

It's not a huge thing I know but I do like to use it sometimes.

sparksco

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com

BBCiPlayer won't work with this ROM anymore, pretty sure it used to. It's a Brit thing so a bit obscure for a lot of people here I guess?

I checked with some other AOSP ROMs and it doesn't work on "CodefireX" either, but does work on "rasbeanjelly".

I also tried some CM based ROMS but it turns out I just don't like CM on the N7 anyway, lol. Too slow after AOSP.

It's not a huge thing I know but I do like to use it sometimes.

Think there might be some typos... But from what I understand your saying is BBC player isn't working for some reason. It works on the latest experimental build, not sure about rc1...

sparksco

Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
Last edited:

stonebear

Sep 26, 2011

Apparently it's not compatible with the Nexus 7. Or at least the latest version isn't. Maybe a older version or the app worked? I'd contact the developer of the app if I were you.

9u4e7y8a.jpg

And yet I am using the latest version right now.

2esyqegu.jpg

It is possible that you need to be in the UK to install it, the BBC is licence payer funded. Anyway, I can install it on any ROM it just only works properly on some.
But it does seem likely that it is a UK only app now I think about it. So not much can be done. :)

Last edited:

sparksco

Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com

And yet I am using the latest version right now.

2esyqegu.jpg

And yet I am using the latest version on Rasbeanjelly right now. :what:

@stonebear

Nice of you to edit your post but I'm still going to quote it...

You didn't even say what wasn't working. The behavior of the app on SaberMod. Didn't post a screenshot of a force close or anything.

Posting that a app just "isn't working" won't get you much help!

Not trying to be a ****, but if you use the app on a regular basis, you should of noticed on which build it stopped working on. But apparently your not even using this ROM, so I guess it's too much for me to ask for at this point. *smh*

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    linaro.jpg

Hi all,
    I built this ROM from AOSP source and added 40+ Linaro patches to the source for strict-aliasing compiler optimizations. I also added my own kernel. Roms include Linaro string handling routines for memory optimizations. No android kitchens were used to make this rom at all, everything is source build :)

Code:
    [B]FAQ[/B]

SaberMod is a AOSP based ROM with some extra features added in and mostly from CyanogenMod.  SaberMod started out pure AOSP when android 4.2.1 launched.  Originally it was pure AOSP with a few extra features I ported over from CyanogeMod and linaro optimizations.  Then I rebased everything off of rasbeanjelly because I liked many features found in rasbean.  Since then I've modified a lot of the code so not much of it is rasbeanjelly based anymore.  But you will still find some commonly used features found in rasbeanjelly.  SaberMod is not a rasbeanjelly or CM clone, or KANG.  Custom kernels are included for certain devices when available.  These are personal builds we make for ourselves and originally became very popular in the nexus 7 forums.  Features are very rarely added, and are built to SaberMod's team members liking.  Currently there are two members of SaberMod working on this project.  Myself and                         [user=4617326]@jarjar124[/user] .  Please understand our time is limited and we are only two people who have lives, and do not have 25-50 members like CyanogenMod to add things.  And our goal is not to add a bunch of features that bloat the system of the ROM.

[B]Q[/B] "Does this ROM have such and such feature?
    [B]A[/B] "Did you read the first post?  Most if not all features are listed in the OP.  If you find a feature not listed, tell us and we will add it.  Yes, sometimes we miss things."

[B]Q[/B] "Very nice ROM, but...  Can you add such and such feature?"
    [B]A[/B] "Depends on a few things, if we think it is a feature we want in the ROM and how easy it is to implement into SaberMod.  If you get ignored it's because we're undecided, nothing personal."

[B]Q[/B] "I keep asking over and over again if such and such feature can be added but my questions keep getting ignored, why?"
    [B]A[/B] "Probably because your asking a question that's already been answered, and a simple thread search can answer for you.  Either that or we are undecided about it."

[B]Q[/B] "I reported a bug but my post gets ignored, why?"
    [B]A[/B] "Either it's not a bug or you provided no information such as a logcat that has the correct information in it needed to find a possible fix or solution."

[B]Q[/B] "I have some problems but I'm using another kernel.  Can you fix?"
    [B]A[/B] "If you think it's a ROM issue state so.  If your not sure post a logcat.  Don't post last_kmsg for other kernels, cause we can't help"

[B]Q[/B] "I think I'm having a problem with the kernel, and I need a fix ASAP!"
    [B]A[/B] "adb pull /proc/last_kmsg or it never happened and your post will be ignored."

[B]Q[/B] "Can I build SaberMod from source code on Linux?"
    [B]A[/B] "Yes, it is encouraged, machine setup instructions are as follows.  SaberMod builds with the latest version of Ubuntu 13.04 and java 7 or java 6 (either one)
    Set up your build envirnoment: [url]http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=35338419&postcount=1[/url]
    Skip the part that installs java 6 if you want to install java 7 instead.
    If you want to install java 7 go here: [url]http://openjdk.java.net/install/[/url]
    [CODE]sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jre openjdk-7-jdk
    Downloading the source
    Code:
    mkdir -p ~/android/SaberMod && cd ~/android/SaberMod;
    repo init -u https://github.com/SaberMod/android.git -b sm-jb-mr1
    repo sync
    bash sm-grouper
    Follow the script instructions for building and make your selections on how you want to build your ROM.

Q "What if I have trouble building or I'm confused on the instructions, can I post questions in this thread for help?"
    A "Yes it's encouraged and discussing it might help others."

Q "There's some things in the ROMs that are not in my language, can you please translate?"
    A "We can not translate currently, but if you want to help translate parts of the ROM that are only in English contact us and we will try."
    [/CODE]

Welcome to what I consider the fastest, smoothest ROM available

Instructions:
    First time flashing this ROM on your Nexus 7, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod or TWRP Recovery.
    2. Place all zips on internal storage or USB OTG if using twrp recovery
    3. Boot into recovery
    4. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    5. Perform a data factory reset/wipe (Do not format data in twrp recovery!)
    6. Flash ROM.
    7. Flash Gapps package (optional)

Flashing a newer version?
    1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Wipe cache and dalvik-cache in recovery
    3. Flash ROM
    4. Flash Gapps package (optional)

A few notes on battery/charging
    After flashing ROM and/or kernel you may get some battery drain. Give the device time to settle into the ROM/kernel, and after a full charge or two you should notice improved battery life.

Flashing a Testing kernel?
    I've decided to add testing kernels which will allow users to try-out a newer kernel version and give their feedback on it before I include it in new ROM versions. This also allows me to just update kernels without having to update the entire ROM, when there is no ROM changes from one version to the next. I will include them as attachments.
    1. Reboot your device into recovery
    2. Flash the flashable zip in recovery
    3. Done

General Credits and Features:

* Google of course for most of the source

Most of these feature I've ported or no porting was needed
    * CyanogenMod
    • https://github.com/CyanogenMod
    • Using CM bionic as a base
    • busybox
    • CMFileManager
    • DSPManager
    • Calendar app
    • Browser app (endhanced)
    • Torch
    • Keyboard
    • Theme chooser
    • LockClock lockscreen widget app
    • Advanced calculator app
    • Enhanced stock Email app
    • Command line tools such as bash, vim, htop and powertop
    • Forward port Long press back to kill app
    • Custom power menu: Reboot, Screenshot, Expanded Desktop
    • Expandable Volume Control
    • Volume Rocker Music Control
    • Circle Battery Mod with percentage option mod
    • Show/Hide clock and AM/PM Style
    • Openvpn, Openssh sources
    • Clear Recent apps
    • SystemUI: Statusbar Clock and Date actions
    • customizable lock screen targets
    • Variable lockscreen pattern size
    • Navigation bar customization
    • NavRing shortcuts
    • Status bar settings
    • Quiet hours
    • Launch default music app when headset plugged in
    • Safe headset volume toggle
    • Power sounds toggle
    • Rotation settings
    • Swap volume buttons when screen is rotated
    • USB OTG storage
    • USB Notify toggle to hide USB notification icon from status bar
    • Pie controls
    • Privacy guard
    • Power widget
    • Quick Settings panel
    * Linaro
    • http://git.linaro.org/gitweb
    • Tons of strict-aliasing compiler flag optimizations
    • -O3 optimizations
    • String handling routines for memory optimizations
    * Koush for opensource SuperUser
    * Rascarlo
    * Wrixituz
    • bootanimations. The original thread is HERE
    * faux123's Github
    • User voltage control (For voltage control use SystemTuner by 3C)

Cherry-picked from show-p1984's Github
    • CPU overclocking

Kernels now include Nvidia patches

Alternative kernel download link, kernel user reviews and kernel bug reporting at - http://stskernelgroupe.sourceforge.net/

These builds can be found on goo manager app under TeamAndroid account and Rom Manager under sparksco Roms
    Enjoy!

Latest Rom Download
    Latest Mirror

RC4
    RC4 Mirror

Alternative SaberMod Builds

Latest 4.2.2 gapps

Kernel Source Complying with GPL

Any and all donations are appreciated! All donations will go towards purchasing of new nexus devices to continue SaberMod development.

Donators: I will not be putting amounts donated unless requested by the donator. All donations are appreciated regardless of amounts. Everyone has different incomes and this seems like the most respectable thing for everyone ;)

okantomi
    gabx
    johnson8cyl
    thee_anand
    eep2378
    strapped365
    miguepereira77
    dwang
    masilver
    hsrn
    ScumDroid
    davwman
    nikzDHD
    Vangelis13
    Changelog

Code:
    [B][COLOR="lime"]Initial Release full_grouper-ota-eng-4.2_r1.sparksco[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR="Lime"]full_grouper-ota-eng-4.2_r1.sparksco-11-25-12[/COLOR][/B]
    [B]Kernel Changes:[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Updated with latest Google kernel source branch.
    [*]Updated with latest Linux 3.2.y kernel changes.
    [*]Updated voltage levels by raising them all by 25 to avoid random lockup bug.
    [/LIST]

[B]Rom Changes:[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Not much added missing shared library keystore.grouper.so
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR="Lime"]full_grouper-ota-eng-4.2_r1.sparksco-11-26-12[/COLOR][/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Switched to gzip compression
    [*]Disabled -O2 optimizations (was causing some random lockups)
    [*]Fixed some governors such as SmartassV2 and Lulzactive from running cpu at a high frequency
    [*]Added cifs and zram support
    [*]Added ondemand governor, interactive is still default
    [*]Changed default I/o scheduler to noop
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Added full init.d support
    [*]Updated busybox to my own version which is a newer version updated with mainline busybox
    [*]Added bootanimation script to rotate bootanimations on every reboot
    [*]Added zram script to load zram on boot
    [*]Added Linaro string handling routines for memory, really speeds up the Rom!
    [*]Added Terminal Emulator app for android
    [*]Added Email app
    [*]Added remount scripts if you want to mount your system to change it on the go.  Usage in terminal emulator ( $ su first ) ( # sh /etc/mount-rw ) to mount the system as read-write; ( # sh /etc/mount-ro ) to mount system as read-only
    [*]Removed voice dialer app since it doesn't work properly
    [*]Removed gapps to make rom size smaller and for compatibility with flashing other gapps for testing
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR="Lime"]full_grouper-ota-eng-4.2_r1.sparksco-11-25-12[/COLOR][/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Updated with latest Google kernel source branch.
    [*]Updated with latest Linux 3.2.y kernel changes.
    [*]Updated voltage levels by raising them all by 25 to avoid random lockup bug.
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Not much added missing shared library keystore.grouper.so
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR="Lime"]full_grouper-ota-eng-4.2.1_r1.sparksco-11-28-12[/COLOR][/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Fixed Google Now Location Services
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR="Lime"]full_grouper-ota-eng-4.2.1_r1.sparksco-11-30-12[/COLOR][/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Removed mpdecision hotplug management (bricked kernel feature) and restored Nvidia's hotplug
    [*]Removed capping of cpu frequency (was causing the deep sleep lockup bug!  Bricked kernel feature)
    [*]Removed touch-to-poke and ondemand phase 2 (bricked kernel feature, did not work properly)
    [*]Fixed ondemand governor from locking up (previously used bricked kernel ondemand governor)
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Added -O3 optimizations
    [*]Added Linaro compile fix patch for -O3 ROM optimizations
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR="Lime"]full_grouper-ota-eng-4.2.1_r1.sparksco-12-01-12[/COLOR][/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Removed cifs until it's fixed working on android 4.2.x (was also causing battery drain)
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]QuickSettings: Fix alarm intent
    [*]Cache resource ID lookups in aapt ("This speeds up certain workloads considerably")
    [*]Forward port Long press back to kill app
    [*]DeskClock: Fix Dream settings
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR="Lime"]full_grouper-ota-sparksco-1354686632-1205[/COLOR][/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Switched from Google's GCC 4.6 toolchain to GCC 4.7 toolchain for building both the ROM and kernel
    [*]Removed AOSP Calendar and Gallery apps, gapps has these already ;)
    [*]Merged in rascarlo framework and settings
    [*]Added CyanogenMod's DSPManager
    [*]Updated SuperSU to version 0.99
    [*]Update build.prop info:  Latest OTA fingerprint, Model Number=Nexus 7, Manufacture=Asus
    [*]Added Openvpn, Rsync and Openssh support.
    [*]Fixed OTA packages version naming and goo build.prop versioning for OTA updates
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR="Lime"]full_grouper-ota-sparksco-1354878539-1207[/COLOR][/B]
    [B]Rom Changes[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Switched all CM repo sources to mr1-staging branch instead of jellybean (more up-to-date sources for 4.2.x ROMs ;))
    [*]datamedia support
    [*]Set a ZRAM cap of 100mb.  This device can't handle more than 100mb or zram usage or it causes the device to start lagging and applications start loosing the memory/RAM they need.
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Updated with latest 3.2.y Linux kernel patches
    [*]Bump new version to 3.4 :)
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR="Lime"]full_grouper-ota-sparksco-1355068093-1209[/COLOR][/B]
    [B]Rom Changes[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Fixed CMFileManager root file explorer not working.
    [*]Reverted theme back to stock but kept all the features the same
    [*]Added Gallery2 app with a different icon.  For video or picture editing you must use the AOSP Gallery, not the Gallery from gapps.  Gapps version is still needed for Google photo syncing.
    [*]"Clear all" button on recent apps ported by rascarlo from CM10
    [*]Modified Quicksettings to act just like Power Widget ported by rascarlo from CM10.  Sound toggle does not work I'll look into finding a fix for it.
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR="Lime"]full_grouper-ota-sparksco-13355263607-1211[/COLOR][/B]
    [B]Rom Changes[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Hide the dev app icon
    [*]Clear all" button on recent apps (ported by rascarlo from CM10)
    [*]Revert "Volume rocker wake and volume rocker music control" (Never worked properly)
    [*]SystemUI: Statusbar Clock and Date actions (ported by rascarlo from CM10)
    [*]customizable lock screen targets (ported by rascarlo from CM10)
    [/LIST]

[B]Kernel Changes[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Fixed long up-time lagging issues
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR="Lime"]full_grouper-ota-sparksco-1355742921-1217[/COLOR][/B]
    [B]Rom Changes[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Show Sound Recorder in Launcher
    [*]Fixed storage mounting issue
    [*]Merged upstream busybox changes from mainline busybox
    [*]Added cm's command line tools:  powertop, htop, vim, lsof
    [*]Changed the way init.d support functions in the RAM disk.  Now uses a specific init.pb.rc file in the ramdisk for this
    [/LIST]

[B]Kernel Changes[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Reverted all Code Aurora (Qualcomm) changes from bricked kernel source.  We are not running Qualcomm devices ;)
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR="Lime"]full_grouper-ota-sparksco-1355858586-1218[/COLOR][/B]
    [B]Rom Changes[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]SystemUI: fix delay in applying am/pm setting for notification clock
    [*]Smooth Spinners: Makes the loading "spinner" animation smoother in non-holo apps
    [*]4.2 Transition: Notification Header datetime click
    [*]GlowPadView : Re-enable magneticTargets
    [*]Prevent scanning during DHCP process
    [*]Removed zram script from running default on each boot (now requires a script if you want to enable this feature)
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR="Lime"]full_grouper-ota-sparksco-1355948876-1219[/COLOR][/B]
    [B]Rom Changes[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]changed behaviour of the battery tile.  onClick is now screen off. onLongClick is ACTION_POWER_USAGE_SUMMARY
    [*]added onLongClick to user tile to open ACTION_SYNC_SETTINGS
    [*]Switched compiler flags to use cortex-a9 instead of corex-a8
    [/LIST]

[B]Kernel Changes[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Switched compiler flags to use cortex-a9 instead of corex-a8
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR="Lime"]full_grouper-ota-sparksco-1356055543-1221[/COLOR][/B]
    [B]Rom Changes[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Added CMFileManager Themes (Not currently working for some reason :()
    [*]Added print script info for ROM flashing
    [*]Framework: Bring Long press back kill app toast back
    [*]switch onClick and onLongClick for battery tile (rascarlo)
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR="Lime"]full_grouper-ota-sparksco-1356203034-1222[/COLOR][/B]
    [B]Rom Changes[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Added theme engine support.  Ported from cm-10.1 by me.  You can now use cm/aokp theme apps.
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR="Lime"]12/23/12[/COLOR][/B]
    [B]Kernel Changes (Attached to first post)[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]ARM tegra3 dvfs: Because we're not using mpdecision hotplug management anymore, voltages need to be raised slighty.  This fixes some lagging issues with app scrolling and random lockups that occur when we run out of memory.  Android low memory killer needs to pull in a few more voltages.
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR="Lime"]full_grouper-ota-sparksco-1356344866-1224[/COLOR]
    Rom Changes
    CyanogenMod changes[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Bionic:  Merged in latest [B][url=https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bionic/commits/cm-10.1]CM bionic changes[/url][/B]
    [*]Audioservice: Fix Theme engine support
    [*]Framework: Remove orphaned Theme related code
    [/LIST]
    [B]Linaro changes for bionic[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Add optimized version of memcpy for Cortex A9
    [/LIST]
    [B]Other ROM changes[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]busybox:  Merged latest mainline busybox upstream changes
    [*]Gallery2 (AOSP):  Hide from showing in launcher to avoid duplicate galleries showing.  AOSP gallery is still accessible for certain task such as video and picture editing.
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR="Lime"]full_grouper-ota-sparksco-1356514788-1226[/COLOR][/B]
    [B]Rom Changes
    Rascarlo framework changes[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]QuickSettings:  move location tile from temporary state
    [*]QuickSettings:  add switch on/off action to onClick for WiFi and BlueTooth Tiles
    [*]QuickSettings:  add switch on/off action to onClick for Location tile
    [/LIST]
    [B]CyanogenMod changes[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]wifi: Allow Settings to retrieve country code:  This makes getCountryCode behave like getFrequencyBand.  This allows Settings to get/set country code like it can for frequency band.
    [*]SoundSettings: Show DSPManager.  DSPManager can now be accessed through the sound settings.
    [/LIST]
    [B]My own additions[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]DeskClock:  Ported Add option to hide AlarmClock Icon in StatusBar from a older version of CyanogenMod (4.1.2 based).  This option is in alarm clock settings.
    [*]Updated Android Terminal Emulator app to latest Play Store version.
    [*]New bootanimation thanks to [url=http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4397671]Wrixituz[/url].  The original thread is [url=http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2053989]HERE[/url]
    [*]Updated java to latest Oracle Sun java release u38
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR="Lime"]full_grouper-ota-sparksco-1356704378-1228[/COLOR]
    [LIST]
    [*]QuickSettings:  open ACTION_DATA_ROAMING_SETTINGS onClick for the RSSI tile.  Bring up mobile network settings, insted of data usage summary
    [*]QuickSettings:  add screenOffTile
    [*]QuickSettings:  add ACTION_DISPLAY_SETTINGS for onLongClick behaviour of the batteryTile
    [/LIST]
    [LIST]
    [*]Allow mounting of multiple volumes via mass storage (framework part)
    [*]Make "SD Card removed" notification dismissible if the removed SD Card is not the primary storage
    [/LIST]
    [B]My own additions[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]
    [*]grouper: enable USB OTG storage (Thanks to [url=https://github.com/pbeeler/android_device_asus_grouper/commit/639a1dacce05b7f57ebd13eee12679b02050677f]davet321[/url]).  Ported from older version of CyanogenMod 10 4.1.2 based.
    [*]New bootanimation thanks to [url=http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4397671]Wrixituz[/url].  The original thread is [url=http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2053989]HERE[/url]
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR="Lime"]full_grouper-ota-sparksco-1356879814-1230[/COLOR]
    [LIST]
    [*]QuickSettings:  add switch on/off action to onClick for rssiTile.
    [*]QuickSettings:  Don't collapse quicksettings bluetooth and wifi after change state
    [*]QuickSettings:  add rebootTile
    [/LIST]
    [LIST]
    [*]Add config_speed_up_audio_on_mt_calls option
    [*]Increase lock screen widget limit from 5 to 9
    [/LIST]
    [B]My own additions[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Fixed bugs with USB otg storage unmounting not working properly.  Fixed permissions for usbdisk to be the same as /sdcard, read/writing permssions.  usbdisk should unmount cleanly the first time you press the button now.  [B]usb location is /storage/usbdisk[/B]
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR="Lime"]full_grouper-ota-sparksco-1357007599-0101[/COLOR]
    CyanogenMod changes[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Add support for variable size pattern lockscreen (ported)
    [*]NavigationBar Customization (ported)
    [/LIST]
    [B]My own additions[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]NavigationBar: Custom height (ported from very old cm ROM android 4.1.2 based and it was a abandoned patch that I brought back!)
    [/LIST]

[B]Kernel Changes (Attached to first post)[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Voltage levels are back to stock android kernel
    [*]BFQ scheduler is now the default I/O scheduler
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR="Lime"]full_grouper-Saber-Mod-1357147660-0102[/COLOR]
    My own additions[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Implement Saber Mods:  Much of the ported features that have been ported from CyanogenMod (about half), were implement/ported by me and not rascarlo.  Because of this I don't feel it represents what rascarlo himself has in mind for features of his ROM builds.  But just for the record big thanks to rascarlo for the following features ported from CyanogenMod that will now be in saber mods:
    [LIST]
    [*]Status Bar/Clock - Show Clock, AM/PM style, Battery status style
    [*]Lockscreen shortcuts
    [/LIST]
    [*]Removed unneeded patches from the device source tree (Might have been causing some issues)
    [/LIST]

[B]Kernel Changes[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Removed unneeded patches (Might have been causing some issues)
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR="Lime"]full_grouper-Saber-Mod-1357248691-0103[/COLOR]
    My own additions[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Add new arm and neon compiler flags
    [/LIST]

[B]Kernel Changes[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Fixed a kernel regression:  Use new compiler flags for arm and neon and remove cortex-a9 flags
    which might be breaking some things
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR="Lime"]full_grouper-Saber-Mod-1357459782-0106[/COLOR]
    [LIST]
    [*]enable copy/paste for google talk.
    [*]remove duplicate cesium for alarm
    [/LIST]
    [B]CyanogenMod framework changes[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]GlobalActions: Fix dialog dismissal (theme engine related)
    [*]GlobalActions: Fix possible race condition when showing dialog. (also theme engine related)
    [*]Fixed typo in Recreating an Activity documentation
    [*]Fix logging typos in GpsLocationProvider
    [/LIST]
    [B]CyanogenMod bionic changes[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Revert "libm: Add a proper sincos() implementation"
    [/LIST]
    [B]My own additions[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Bring back the feature where screen does not turn on when changing the power state, e.g. plugging/unplugging from a power cable
    [*]Busybox:  Merge latest upstream changes
    [*]Revert "dmesg: implement official '-r' and colored output '-C'"
    [*]powertop: fix error message
    [*]dmesg: handle multi-char log levels
    [*]klogd: handle multi-char log levels
    [/LIST]

[B]Kernel Changes[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Kernel compression mode XZ
    [*]Enable performance counters which is needed by powertop
    [*]block: Adding ROW scheduling algorithm
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR="Lime"]Kernel Changes[/B]-0107[/COLOR]
    [LIST]
    [*]patches from linux and nvidia for drivers cpufrequency and interactive governor
    [*]Nvidia patches for tegra devices
    [*]For the fuil list of changes see the following links:
    [LIST]
    [*][url]https://github.com/pbeeler/Kernel-Grouper/compare/1fab576460...c31c3e6081[/url]
    [*][url]https://github.com/pbeeler/Kernel-Grouper/compare/c31c3e6081...5c7441ec88[/url]
    [*][url]https://github.com/pbeeler/Kernel-Grouper/compare/5c7441ec88...3246175bc1[/url]
    [/LIST]
    [*]Voltages are very close to stock
    [*]Default underclocking to avoid battery overheating while gaming
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR="Lime"]full_grouper-Saber-Mod-1358274759-0115[/COLOR][/B]

[LIST]
    [*]Small frameworks bug fixes and optimizations.
    [*]Launch default music player when plug in headset feature under sound settings.
    [/LIST]
    [B]My own additions[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Compiler flags:  Remove -O3 and instead use my own Board Config flags which generate more optimized code.
    [*]Reverted back to older method for Linaro string handling memory/RAM optimizations.  Newer method is opt-in for people building from source.
    [/LIST]

[B]Kernel Changes[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Interactive governor back to default
    [*]ramp up cpu on input events for interactive governor
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR="Lime"]sm_grouper-1358765084-0121[/COLOR][/B]

[LIST]
    [*]Add support for external dock batteries
    [*]frameworks: base: add storage_sd_dock_card string
    [/LIST]
    [B]My own additions[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Shortened up ota package names more
    [*]ROM flags now match kernel flags (-O2)
    [*]Switched to user builds instead of userdebug
    [/LIST]

[B]Kernel Changes[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Fix android's lowmemorykiller from freezing the system
    [*]Updated with latest Linux-3.2.y changes
    [*]Bump to version 3.7 :)
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR="Lime"]sm_grouper-1.0.1-1359108676-0125[/COLOR][/B]

[LIST]
    [*]Highlight the clear button in the recents view when clicked
    [*]extend PreferenceActivity for title text on a single pane mode
    [*]SystemUI: show date on 2 lines in status bar
    [*]Webkit changes
    [*]Monitor device storage directly in /data/data
    [*]installd: Delete cache properly for devices using datadata partition
    [*]frameworks/base: Fix to avoid crash when the tab is not set from app
    [*]Wi-Fi: Pass default country code to driver
    [*]Dispatch keys to a device specific key handler [B](docking keyboard support)[/B]
    [*]DeviceKeyHandle: The device should consume only known keys (docking keyboard related)
    [*]Port "Option to hide Adb notification icon (2/2)" (find this option under development settings ;))
    [/LIST]
    [B]CyanogenMod DeskClock changes[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Make analog clock available as a lockscreen widget.
    [*]Added flip and shake to snooze
    [/LIST]
    [B]CyanogenMod Settings changes[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Added fastsroll to the manage application screen so you don't need to scroll so much if you have alot of apps and want to go to the bottom of the list.
    [*]Settings: Added cpu info and memory info to About Phone Settings
    [/LIST]
    [B]CyanogenMod dalvik changes[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]A lot, see here:  [url]https://github.com/SaberMod/android_dalvik/commits/sm-jb-mr1[/url]
    [/LIST]
    [B]CyanogenMod more framework changes[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]A lot, see here: [url]https://github.com/SaberMod/android_frameworks_av/commits/sm-jb-mr1[/url]
    [/LIST]
    [B]CyanogenMod webkit changes[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*] Virtually everything since I merged their repo into mine.
    [/LIST]
    [B]My own additions[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Fix typos in DeskClock new feature from CM:  Display "nexus" under alarm settings instead of "phone" and/or "device".  This is related to the new flip and shake alarm clock actions.
    [*]System Core:  init: Allow for arbitrary long /proc/cpuinfo output
    [*]System Core:  libsuspend: check for NULL autosuspend operations beforehand
    [*]System Core:  rootdir: init.rc: Fix for "add_tid_to_cgroup failed to write" warnings
    [*]System Core:  Fixed improper size displaying in 'df' utility
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR="Lime"]sm_grouper-1.0.1-RC1[/COLOR][/B]

[LIST]
    [*]Various bug fixes
    [/LIST]
    [B]My own additions[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Updated new ROM flags for C and CPP.  These flags optimize the builds more.  Updated with stable flags that do not break any functionality.
    [*]Added linaro's new GCC 4.8  daily toolchain for arm-eabi.  Only certain parts of the ROM use this.  Adds extra optimizations to the builds.  Expect frequent updates with new toolchain updates.
    [*]Updated all linaro patches to fix building with GCC 4.8 toolchains
    [*]Updated ROM builds to use java 1.7 instead of 1.6.  Patches for these I pulled from CyanogenMod's github
    [*]Merged latest busybox patches from mainline
    [/LIST]

[B]Kernel Changes[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Fix bug with stuck on boot when android is upgrading "starting apps message".  Changing kernel compression from lzma to gzip fixed this.
    [*]Kernel is now built with linaro's daily toolchains 4.8 so expect frequent kernel updates as the toolchains are updated.
    [*]Updated kernel flags for C to optimize the kernel further.  Fixed compiling with linaro toolchains.
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR="Lime"]sm_grouper-1.0.1-1360278193-0207[/COLOR][/B]

[LIST]
    [*]Asus battery dock support (untested, use at your own risk!)
    [*]Improve scrolling cache
    [*]SystemUI: highlight quick settings and notification clear buttons
    [*]Prevent audio players starting on startup.
    [*]Lockscreen Targets : Make multi-user compatible
    [*]Navbar : Fix left over glow
    [*]systemui: modify hdpi & xhdpi drawables for battery_min
    [/LIST]
    [B]My own additions[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]volume rocker music control (ported from CyanogenMod).  Can be found in SaberMod settings
    [*]Volume key cursor control (Ported from CyanogenMod)  Can be found in SaberMod settings
    [*]Merged latest busybox changes from mainline busybox
    [*]Fixed app compatibility in bionic with games such as plague
    [*]Updated prebuilt apps such as SuperSU and android terminal emulator to latest versions
    [*]Updated compiler flags to safe and usable.  This optimizes the builds further.  New flags can be seen here:  [url]https://github.com/SaberMod/android_device_asus_grouper/commit/3bf3bda52b16a9ae1b90e6128d97bd8769062005[/url]

[/LIST]

[B]Kernel Changes[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Merged with latest 3.2.y linux patches.  Bump to V3.8 respectively.
    [*]Put default clock frequencies back to stock, 102MHZ min and 1.3GHZ max.
    [*]Disabled BFQ I/O scheduler.  With the latest 3.2.y changes it's not as compatible as before and is throwing out a lot of warning during compilation time.  The new default is CFQ.  Change to your liking if you so wish to.
    [*]Updated kernel flags to safe and usable.  This optimizes the kernel more.  New flags can be seen here:  [url]https://github.com/SaberMod/Kernel-Grouper/commit/7330e56a3cb2b98f148887a9451628d69f510c3e[/url]
    [/LIST]

[B]Kernel Changes - Saber-toothed-squirrel v3.8 #37[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Kernel is now built with SaberMod's very own arm-eabi GCC 4.8 toolchain! :)
    [*]Built with toolchain revision 195953.  GNU updates their GCC source daily, sometime even hourly!  Of course I don't have time to rebuild toolchains on a hourly basis that would be absurd lol!  But I will try to update it once every day or two days if I have time.  New kernel versions will either be posted seperately on the first post and/or in new ROM versions.  New ROM builds only need to be updated with ROM changes, not for only kernel.  So if you want the latest and greatest kernel version, check regularly ;)
    [*]Toolchain source is [url=https://github.com/SaberMod/android_prebuilts_gcc_linux-x86_arm_sabermod-arm-eabi-4.8]here[/url] and does not require any special kernel patches to build the kernel with it :)
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR="Lime"]sm_grouper-1.0.1-1360915473-0215[/COLOR][/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Initial merges for android 4.4.2.  This is the first beta so expect bugs, although I haven't found any yet.
    [*]Rom uses stock kernel until AOSP updates the relevant hardware to match the kernel drivers.

[B][COLOR="Lime"]sm_grouper-1.0.1-1360978403-0216[/COLOR][/B]

[B]My own additions[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Merged the rest of framework patches from 4.1.2
    [*]Still working on a fix for variable lockscreen pattern size
    [/LIST]

[B]Kernel Changes[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Merged with latest AOSP kernel source for 4.2.2.  Bumped major version to 4.8
    [*]Bumped new daily arm-eabi SaberMod toolchain.  Built with toolchain revision 195953 (Newer GNU GCC source)
    [*]Default kernel settings for governor and I/O scheduler to match stock kernel.  Userspace for governor and CFQ for I/O scheduler
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR="Lime"]sm_grouper-1.0.1-1361595754-0223[/COLOR][/B]

[B]My own additions[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Fixed QuickSettings tiles for WiFi and Bluetooth
    [*]Latest nightly toolchains as always
    [*]Merged CyanogenMod busybox and mainline busybox
    [*]Framework: Make Safe headset volume user configurable (Ported from CyanogenMod)
    [*]LockscreenTargets : Dismiss on target select
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR="Lime"]sm_grouper-1.0.1-RC2[/COLOR][/B]

[B]My own additions[/B]
    [*]Various clang fixes to allow adding graphite optimizations during compilation without the builds failing.  Some of these have been submitted by me and merged into Linaro gerrit code review.
    [*]Added graphite flags for CC and CPP programming languages optimizations
    [*]Built latest toolchains from GNU source and enabled graphite functionality.  This allows graphite optimizations to be used during compilation.
    [*]Added even more optimization flags, but none that increase code size to a unsafe level that will cause more battery drain and memory usage.
    [*]Disabled zram from running by default.  Was causing lag and battery drain.
    [*]Bring variable lockscreen pattern size back now that it's fixed.
    [*]Removed spare parts system app, it's old and broken.
    [*]Merged latest mainline busybox changes from master branch
    [*]Fixed cifs, credits for patches from CyanogenMod
    [*]Updated latest binaries for 4.2.2
    [*]Merged the rest of AOSP 4.2.2 changes now that the full source is out :)
    [*]Fixed screen not waking properly with taping power button
    [*]More bionic optimization patches ported from CyanogenMod's github
    [*]Anything else I'm forgetting will add later

[B]Kernel Changes[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Merged with latest linux-3.2.y branch patches.  Bumped minor version to 4.9
    [*]Added zen I/O scheduler per request of          [user=4495174]@danny8[/user]
    [*]Added cifs module back now that it's functional
    [*]Added more kernel flag optimizations
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR="Lime"]sm_grouper-1.0.1-RC3[/COLOR][/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Fixed various bugs with gallery and voice search
    [*]Other various minor ROM bug fixes
    [*]Added SaberMod GCC 4.8 toolchains for building the ROMs.  This is a huge step and a major improvement in these ROMs
    [*]Added LockClock lockscreen widget app
    [*]Added new wallpaper app
    [*]Navigation Ring shortcuts
    [*]Battery Bar
    [*]Expanded Desktop improvements
    [*]Configurable power menu
    [*]Dual pane preferences
    [*]Pie controls
    [*]Quiet hours
    [*]Power sounds
    [*]Configurable rotation settings
    [*]Swap volume buttons when screen is rotated
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR="Lime"]sm_grouper-1.0.1-1367907677-0507[/COLOR][/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Remove configurable rotation settings and swap volume buttons while rotated.  Was very buggy features needed to be gone.
    [*]SaberMod toolchain 4.9 implemented :D
    [*]Toggle to wake screen when plugged/unplugged.  Ported from AOKP by           [user=3124065]@rascarlo[/user]
    [*]Fix SystemUI memory leaks on theme changes.
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR="Lime"]sm_grouper-1.0.1-1370138961-0602[/COLOR][/B]
    [B]CyanogenMod Changes[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Remove opaque check in GLRenderer when preparing dirty region.
    [*]Fix layout of MultiWaveView and GlowPadView.
    [*]Pie controls: Tweaking UX for pie service
    [*]Bye, bye Talk. Welcome Hangouts
    [*]Fix FC when trying to adjust radio band via *#*#4636#*#* dialer code.
    [*]a2dp: Set the default A2DP bitrate to high quality
    [*]libm: These optimizations are only for Krait
    [*]libm: sqrt and sqrtf via ARM vsqrt instruction.
    [*]libm: optimistic pow calling
    [*]Revert "Neon optimized implementation of S16_opaque_D32_nofilter_DX"
    [/LIST]
    [B  [user=4429892]@Martin_Ro[/user][/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Option to toggle LED charge notification Patchset
    [/LIST]

[B]SaberMod[/B]

[B]@sparksco[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Option to disable low battery led pulse while not charging
    [*]Revert "Increase pie trigger time to 340, currently we have to swype too fast to get a trigger
    [*]Update GCC 4.9 toolchain with latest GNU and Google patches
    [*]Add a boolean to hide Charging LED, disabled by default.
    [*]Add a category for LED behaviour in userinterface
    [*]Add a boolean to disable volume rocker wake
    [*]Disable volume rocker wake for grouper and tilapia
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR="Lime"]sm_grouper-1.0.1-1371335261-0615[/COLOR][/B]
    [B]CyanogenMod[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]core and telephony: Additional HSPAP support
    [*]Frameworks & SystemUI - additional DC-HSPAP support
    [*]TelephonyManager: hide NETWORK_TYPE_DCHSPAP
    [*]Telephony: Add DCHSPAP to getTcpBufferSizesPropName
    [*]Pie controls: Fix event handling on chained input filters
    [*]keyguard: enable magnetic target if no custom targets defined
    [*]NavRing : Fix FC on rotate
    [*]Pie controls: Fix flickering nav bar in full screen
    [*]Pie controls: Catching activation corner cases
    [*]Fix the flipping animation sometimes being played when pulling the quick
    [*]Add missing ACTION_MEDIA_UNMOUNTED intent
    [*]Check themes of current user, not user 0.
    [*]NotificationManagerService: fix typo on led off time variable
    [*]Finally fix incorrect flipping to quick settings.
    [*]Add long press on clear recents leads to clearing cache on device.Fix incorrect fragment animation used for hiding fragments
    [*]Fixing crash in PhoneNumberUtils getNumberFromIntent
    [*]Fix theme provider crashing for non-primary user.
    [*]Fix a number of multi-user bugs.
    [/LIST]

[B]SaberMod[/B]

[B]@sparksco[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Add support to enable/disable Electron Beam
    [*]Navigation button color option
    [*]Navigation button glow time and color
    [/LIST]

sm_grouper-1.0.1-RC4
    CyanogenMod Changes
    • Lockscreen : Hide clock for Chronus/DeskClock
    • Fix SystemUI memory leaks on theme changes.
    • Add SMS Middleware layer.
    • CM Privacy Guard

ParanoidAndroid Changes
    • Latest HALO changes
    • Show as floating window on recent apps

SaberMod Changes
    • Faster statusbar
    • Ported CM Power widget
    • Ported CM QuickSettings Panel
    • Ported CM Auto Brightness curve adjustment - Credit @Martin_Ro
    • Enable 180 degree rotation - Credit @Martin_Ro
    Rc4 is releaed

RC4 IS RELEASED

Grab it while it's hot hehe
    @jarjar124 and I put a lot of work into this release so I hope you all enjoy it :D

I won't be home til later on to update the changelog and OP, but I have uploaded all three ROMs on my school's super fast internet connection. It literally took me one minute or less to upload three RC4 ROMs for three devices :silly:

ROM DOWNLOAD
    Screenshots

Screenshots

7ereqejy.jpg

edyseby2.jpg
    The development of this project is on hold for various reasons:

Read the latest comments and well you can see for yourself...The goal of this project was to share what I considered to be one of the most fast and stable ROMs/Kernels combos available for the Nexus 7 (WiFi and 3G), and well it just hasn't turned out that way for a lot of people. I can only test on my device and therefore cannot reproduce many of the issues users are encountering. I build these ROMs for myself and will continue to do so gladly. I also receive constantly pm's about wanting to add tabletui and other such features. For such request I will no longer reply so do not even bother to pm me with these things, they will be ignored. If you want to contribute code/features, send a pull request to my github so I can review it and decide if I want to add it in or not. Many people keep requesting features from cm or aokp or paranoid android. This project is not that. If you want features from those ROMs by all means go to them. These ROMs are here for you if you want them, if not fine by me, I won't loose any sleep over it. If I continue to receive complaints about features being added that are seen from other ROMs, I will not hesitate to stop development completely once and for all. If i continue to receive complaints about bootloops with no justifiable cause I will pull development immediately. As everyone knows I don't support other kernels on these ROMs or vise versa, my kernel on other ROMs. I wanted this to be a fun project but it's not fun anymore. I hope things turn around.