[ROM] SenseHERO-v1.4 - 2.6.29.6 "Themed & Fast" mytouch/dream 11/28/09

Search This thread
so whats up with this rom? I picked english UK cause there was no usa.

Theres auto widgets on my home screens I cant get rid of. Any scene i try changing it to they wont go away lol, and the weather widget wont load either. Gonna have to remove this rom quick lol.

If you read a few pages here you will see you are the only one.
I had auto widgets pop up and easily took down what I didnt want.
Turn on Haptive feedback in Spare parts so then you know if you are holding your finger down long enough. First thing I did was take off email, bookmarks and the big clock.

TO FIX LOCATION ISSUES-- turn off gps and switch to 2g. go to google maps, it will find your location within 10 seconds. Once it does, then you can turn 3G and GPS back on and have no problems.

Main problem I have is the Clock widget that hs weather WILL NOT let me change it from Detroit. No mtter what I do it is always the defult. IM about 1700 miles from detroit so it doesnt help much lol.

EDIT-- I forgot I do have 1 strange problem. This rom WILL NOT see any pics on my sd card. It sees and mounts the sd card fine and saves apps to it, but any pics that have worked on any other rom, It says "no pictures available"

Last edited:

notxel21

Dec 2, 2008
Jacksonville
twitter.com
Because its not a US rom.
Go into your programs, then look for extra Locale.... scroll down till you see United states and click it and all will be fine.

My main problem is every closk or weather app I use it sets it as Detroit.... IM in south florida lol

I have this same problem. I'm in North Florida and I get Detroit also.
Even when I go to the Weather app then add Jacksonville, Fl. then go to the widget and re-add it to home, it still shows as Detroit. Wierd! :eek:

Check the screen, it should show "Home" and "Current"
Home is correct and Current shows Detroit!

Attachments

• clock.jpg
    clock.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 60

uansari1

Jul 27, 2008
Karachi
Lol I cant believe all the problems people are having with roms these days. I have had one force close with this rom after using it all night. It runs nice and smoothly. You should have to be a member on XDA for 6 months before you can post anything.

I've been here over 6 months, so how about you check your Phone Info and tell us what the Up time vs. Awake time ratio is looking like...

Qancer

Aug 13, 2009
sexy rom ... very sexy ... awesome job

one problem.
i don't care about the weather in detroit (not now atleast).

miketaylor00

Jul 17, 2009
Then can you tell me why mine shows up as Detroit and im in Va?

My weather works fine guys. Are you using GPS or wireless networks? Go into the Weather app and select your city there. See if it will update that way.

Edit: I realized that I might have restored data that copied over my weather.db. If you are having problems, try running this from terminal and then reboot.

Code:
su
rm /data/data/com.htc.provider.weather/databases/weather.db

Last edited:
My weather works fine guys. Are you using GPS or wireless networks? Go into the Weather app and select your city there. See if it will update that way.

Do you mean JUST the weather widget? That works fine. What were talking about is the clock/with weather. If we go into clock, there should be a current and local. Local is right, but current cannot be changed from detroit no matter what you do. I guess aside from manuely changing the cfg file for the widget. You also cannot remove the detroit time. Lucky for those of us on the east coast that are in the same time zone lol.
Also, no pics are read from my SD card, but file explorers see them. I cannot install any apps that have been paid for, but all free apps and Backup for root works also.
going on 13 hours with no reboot, loading screens only while pushing phone to limits and only FC when first trying to place weather.

dills84

Jan 2, 2008
isn't this still a Hero dump? Not a magic dump? Similar to the confusion of the "Zsense modaco" rom? Correct me if i'm wrong.

miketaylor00

Jul 17, 2009
Do you mean JUST the weather widget? That works fine. What were talking about is the clock/with weather. If we go into clock, there should be a current and local. Local is right, but current cannot be changed from detroit no matter what you do. I guess aside from manuely changing the cfg file for the widget. You also cannot remove the detroit time. Lucky for those of us on the east coast that are in the same time zone lol.
Also, no pics are read from my SD card, but file explorers see them. I cannot install any apps that have been paid for, but all free apps and Backup for root works also.
going on 13 hours with no reboot, loading screens only while pushing phone to limits and only FC when first trying to place weather.

I'm talking about the clock with weather too. Try deleting the db file. As far as not being able to read the pics, I haven't seen that either. It does seem slow at reading them but it reads them. I can install any app too. It sounds like you might need to wipe and reinstall. Not that you did anything wrong sometimes ROMs just don't flash right for no good reason. Have you tried running fix permissions?

ccyrowski

May 20, 2009
Lansing, MI
Have you switched Locales using the more locales app? Try that.

Otherwise, YOU MUST ALL KNOW WHAT WEATHER IS LIKE FOR ME! It is actually a pretty good indicator, if it's raining it would be wise to think, "ski is probably deving." :D

I'm talking about the clock with weather too. Try deleting the db file. As far as not being able to read the pics, I haven't seen that either. It does seem slow at reading them but it reads them. I can install any app too. It sounds like you might need to wipe and reinstall. Not that you did anything wrong sometimes ROMs just don't flash right for no good reason. Have you tried running fix permissions?

lol, No I understand. I was posting it to see if anyone else might have had it happen but noone did. It is kind of funny how these things work. I think my problem though was backing up things and restoring.

I am noticing though that anytime the sd card is accessed it is alot slower then any other rom Ive used. Still an awesome start

phungshum

Dec 2, 2007
build prop

is there a way to integrate maxsima's buildprop? He has full integration of LEDs instead of using the HeroLED app. Just an idea. But this is SUPER FAST. The googlemaps app doesnt seem to detect my location too well though? I replaced the maps with this rom with the one from the market. does that seem to make a difference?

wicked_beav

Feb 20, 2009
Detroit, Michigan
Alright, as far as the suggestion for wipe/re-flashing and switching my locale, none of those issues worked to resolve my market issue. I have 2 apps currently that I cannot download and install. One is a pay app Cleanoid Full and the other is Pandora, and neither will let me download or install any other suggestions.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ya hoping for a fix to the reboot issue.. it really does seem to happen under load. actually twice today after making calls the phone soft booted. i just put this combo together also todaq.. kings 2.3 with the 300 kernel with 10 meg hack and mike's themed rosie.. it runs really nice but the 2 soft boots hurt alot.. so from what mike was saying there really is no way to fix this issue. weather we use compcache or swap either way is gonna have the issue...
    are there any cons to the BFS-230? And are the no-wipe updates compatible with the latest build? (sorry this is my first time running this ROM)

on a dream it breaks wifi and accelerometer