JI5 via Kies !!

Search This thread

masterotaku

Jul 22, 2010
Spartanburg S.C.
I could not get Kies to work on my 64 bit Windows 7. I guess the drivers only work on 32 bit.

Running Windows 7 x64 here with Samsung's latest drivers...but I've also permanently disabled driver signature enforcement as well...

Try disabling signature check using easybcd free tool, that you can get from http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1

Run easybcd, click advanced options button.

n2ishun

Jul 30, 2010
Christ KIES sucks hard.

Wouldn't let me do anything without updating KIES.
Update hangs constantly saying *internet connection seems to be down, please recheck and try again*.

Umm....I'm typing and posting this while it says my connection is down :|

What a crappy spot of coding .....

Must be 3-400 individual update files, all .cab files.
Dipshits should make 1 single self-extracting .cab file and then it wouldn't hang due to the server constantly getting hmmered for so many tiny files (self induced dDOS ?).

2sh0rt

Feb 10, 2009
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Christ KIES sucks hard.

Wouldn't let me do anything without updating KIES.
Update hangs constantly saying *internet connection seems to be down, please recheck and try again*.

Umm....I'm typing and posting this while it says my connection is down :|

What a crappy spot of coding .....

It kept doing the same thing to me i just hit cancel and then the firmware update came up.

presence06

Mar 3, 2009
Minnesota
Noob question.

When I look at my baseband I see JFD. I'm running stock TW and not rooted.

Is this an "Unofficial" Official update to the Vibrant? My GPS Sucks as of lately, it worked before now it doesn't

phillipxenxciel

Aug 2, 2008
updating Kies now, i dont get it, will this update my t-mobile branded OS to stock i9000 OS? or will thos t-mobile "warez" that i removed come back again?

Dammit2Hell

Sep 15, 2006
Download KIES
http://www.samsung.com/ae/consumer/...XSG/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=support

Put phone in KIES mode
- settings - applications - usb settings - Samsung KIES..

Back out to Home screen or KIES connection will not work...

Start KIES...plug in phone....you should begin to see an MTP mode screen on the phone....

After a bit (KIES takes forever to start) you should be in. Assuming your running a JFD derivative firmware (I was running Bionix 1.3 when I updated) you should be ok.

Your mileage may vary... :)

How do you back out to your home screen. No matter what I try it sits on the MTP screen. Kies just says connecting forever. In the past 2 months I have only gotten my phone to connect to Kies twice.

al74

Mar 13, 2007
Perhaps if everybody take their Kies complaints to another thread and write a little more on the actual update, we will have more info to figure out if we should pool the trigger or not.

jonjacobmoon

Aug 2, 2010
Confused

First off.... kies only works on PCs, right? I can go into parallels and see if it works.

But, more importantly.... where does JI5 come from? If I have RyanZAs lagfix on the phone, should I uninstall it? Is this the froyo we have been waiting for?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    mine has worked since JI2

Yea its fine after i re flashed it again.

Stupid me the first time i flashed and tried changing my battery icon with one from other thread and it screwed up and my phone wouldn't load to desktop.
    So i took an nadroid backup from previous stock update and loaded that and by doing so it removed all the new software,fixes ..ect

but im fine now
    Compass, and GPS work great