Stock Rom - SMS / Text messages going slow?

Search This thread

raviluke

Sep 6, 2010
Markham
So I just got my HTC M8. Loving it, but noticed how text messages take a while to go through. Also, I tried that on stock messages app and also on google hangouts. It takes a bit of time for messages to go through compared to my iPhone 5S. Also, I restored all my text messages to the phone from my iPhone (complicated process) and the Messages app takes forever to load. Is this happening with anyone of you as well? Any work around?

gabe2gg

Jun 6, 2010
have same issue on my m8 messages wont go through at all. did factory reset and it did not help. I had to go back to the m7 to get my texting back

Crazypinoy9

Jun 19, 2010
my biggest gripe is how long it takes hangouts to load. not necessarily an issue with the m8 though. in regards to how slow it is for messages to go through the stock messaging app, it's just as fast as my note 3 and my gf's Z1. both take a few seconds to send messages.

RONxBURGUNDY

Aug 3, 2013
what i found to work is changing the settings to sending all messages as high priority...not sure why it changes, but i haven't had an issue since i changed that setting. before that it would sit there for up to 30 seconds and then i'd get a message saying it didn't send...was having issues receiving texts as well.

raviluke

Sep 6, 2010
Markham
what i found to work is changing the settings to sending all messages as high priority...not sure why it changes, but i haven't had an issue since i changed that setting. before that it would sit there for up to 30 seconds and then i'd get a message saying it didn't send...was having issues receiving texts as well.

Where is this setting??

Crazypinoy9

Jun 19, 2010
Here's a screenshot so people don't think I'm crazy lol

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1397790114131.jpg
    1397790114131.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 732