[Q] BRICKED Samsung Galaxy Note II (Verizon i605)

Search This thread

kaptainkry

Apr 25, 2014
I know there was a very long thread about this... and I've read it all and I'm having no luck. Yeah um... I'm a newbie here so try to forgive my stupidity :D ! But allow me to explain.. you see i'm not so bad at computers... but i'm horrible at phones.. :eek: It's just I've taken years to know android (and rooting) and so I'm like "YOU KNOW WHAT LET'S MESS UP MY VERY NICE PHONE BY TRYING TO FLASH A NEW OPERATING SYSTEM" :victory: !! yup... "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone. Please Turn off your phone and go to the nearest Verizon Wireless store for help!" with a nice big yellow triangle to mock me. So umm here's the deal.. I don't feel like taking it to the suit's over at Verizon... but I have a family trip coming up this weekend so If I can't get it fixed tonight- tomorrow I'm afraid I'll have to resort to sitting there awkwardly scratching my head as the guy just smirks at me... knowing what I did. So let me get down to the details of what I have done.

Ok so here's how I bricked it:
I really do hate TouchWiz. So I was checking in to ROMS when I found the beauty of CyanogenMod. I've known about it for a lonnggg time it's just I never paid it any attention. Guess who forgot to unlock their bootloaders... THIS GUY! :eek:

yeah....

Here's what I've done so far:
So like usual bricked phone carriers do I went the Odin 3 path. I'm running Windows 8 on the computer I used for it but I doubt that's the problem. Now my trouble is even though I downloaded the proper stock firmware... well when I ran it in Odin everything went well until it said FAIL! error with sboot.bin! So I'm sitting there like :silly: and some guy pointed me towards a seemingly proper direction. He said he thinks it's because my bootloaders are still locked so it can't reinstall the firmware. K... seems good :highfive:

So then I come to xda where I found this threat that shined new hope for me :angel: this awesomly smartastic guy gave a link on that thread to an "alternate" firmware for i605 note 2. It left out the sboot.bin thing and the guy that was having trouble there got it on his phone no problamo. Well heres the deal... I can't download it :crying: (and I've used different computers, even resorting to my chromebook) it didn't say download failed but it would download 1gb in only a few seconds and no way is my internet that fast... :eek: which means oddly enough my download is corrupted. Even Odin says it :confused:

Any tips... or can someone point me towards a new download location? Thanks and remember I'm a newbie... so sorry for my newbie stupidity :good: hopefuly there's no sign up test :rolleyes: