[Q] Any untouched T-Mobile LG G3 ROM's out there?

Search This thread

Blarg0604

Oct 8, 2013
Hey guys, I'm looking for a untouched T-Mobile LG G3 ROM. I currently own a G2, but after using the Optimus G3 ROM on my G2 I can't go back to the G2's software. Is there any G3 ROM out there that has T-Mobile Wifi calling installed?

Thanks!

ThePagel

Jul 6, 2012
Minneapolis
Hey guys, I'm looking for a untouched T-Mobile LG G3 ROM. I currently own a G2, but after using the Optimus G3 ROM on my G2 I can't go back to the G2's software. Is there any G3 ROM out there that has T-Mobile Wifi calling installed?

Thanks!

Use the lonely ROM base or look through the change log and use the one that looks the best for you. V1.2 should be stock stable + a few useful tweaks that aren't overboard. I'm assuming you will need to replace the boot.IMG since you are on the g2. And the stock camera will most likely need to be replaced since this phone uses laser focus but don't quote me on that.

Last edited:

FrameCityJackal

Nov 4, 2010
Columbus

Thanks!

Please don't start flashing G3 roms. You need to port it first add all the proper libraries and such and even then it may take longer than expected to get it to work.
Be safe when flashing, don't go randomly flashing G3 roms.

ThePagel

Jul 6, 2012
Minneapolis
Please don't start flashing G3 roms. You need to port it first add all the proper libraries and such and even then it may take longer than expected to get it to work.
Be safe when flashing, don't go randomly flashing G3 roms.

That is fantastic advice THAT SHOULD BE FOLLOWED I will not try to fight you on that but the g3 and the g2 should be close enough to flash each other as long as you stay away from mixing kernels. The only heavy lifting you would need to do with this port is use a stock (or modified) 4.4.2 g2 kernel, replace the camera app and change the DPI. With the stated three changes it would probably run silky smooth. Porting gets hairy when you try to port a brand new phone system to a phone that is 3+ years old or points the system image to a different partition (and or all the partitions are different).

Last edited:

FrameCityJackal

Nov 4, 2010
Columbus
That is fantastic advice I will not try to fight you on that but the g3 and the g2 should be close enough to flash each other as long as you stay away from mixing kernels. The only heavy lifting you would need to do with this port is use a stock (or modified) 4.4.2 g2 kernel, replace the camera app and change the DPI. With the stated three changes it would probably run silky smooth. Porting gets hairy when you try to port a brand new phone system to a phone that is 3+ years old or points the system image to a different partition (and or all the partitions are different).

It honestly used to be that easy until Android advanced and companies started adding more features.
Cloudyfa has been working about 2 months on porting a G3 rom and at points he has gotten stumped because he would add one thing and 50 other things would not work. It works great give or take a few random problems but it didn't take him a weekend.

I'm not trying to deter the OP but be prepared to work hard on getting things ported and such.
Using Cloudyfa's G3 kernel and camera(with proper libs) will possibly take some of the hardest things to do out of the equation.

As for the Wi-fi calling I believe it is tied to the phone apk or settings and you have to do a build.prop edit this however I'm not 100% sure on.

Reactions: ThePagel

ThePagel

Jul 6, 2012
Minneapolis
It honestly used to be that easy until Android advanced and companies started adding more features.
Cloudyfa has been working snout 2 months on porting a G3 rom and at points he has gotten stumped because he would add one thing and 50 other things would not work. It works great give or take a few random problems but it didn't take him a weekend.

I'm not trying to deter the OP but be prepared to work hard on getting things ported and such.
Using Cloudyfa's G3 kernel and camera(with proper libs) will possibly take some of the hardest things to do out of the equation.

As for the Wi-fi calling I believe it is tied to the phone apk or settings and you have to do a build.prop edit this however I'm not 100% sure on.

I learn something new every day! And the WiFi calling is located in at least the following places (probably a lot more):
Phone apk
WiFi calling apk
Settings apk
Framework-res apk
Policy jar

*edit* I just realized I mixed up and added some of the places WiFi tether is located but but I wouldn't doubt if WiFi calling is also in framework and policy.

Last edited:

FrameCityJackal

Nov 4, 2010
Columbus
I learn something new every day! And the WiFi calling is located in at least the following places (probably a lot more):
Phone apk
WiFi calling apk
Settings apk
Framework-res apk
Policy jar

The more things something is dependant on the more challenging it will become.
I remember when Sprint made SprintZone and network optimizer Mandatory on the S3 and it was tied to the settings, total **** move on their part.
It may honestly really be easy to port Wi-fi calling, I've never been too concerned by that since I don't make many calls and my data used to be faster than my internet.
Maybe once I get my G3 I'll try and mess around with my G2 and see.

Blarg0604

Oct 8, 2013
Use the lonely ROM base or look through the change log and use the one that looks the best for you. V1.2 should be stock stable + a few useful tweaks that aren't overboard. I'm assuming you will need to replace the boot.IMG since you are on the g2. And the stock camera will most likely need to be replaced since this phone uses laser focus but don't quote me on that.

Does The Lonely ROM support Wifi Calling?

ThePagel

Jul 6, 2012
Minneapolis
Does The Lonely ROM support Wifi Calling?

yes, you did read all of the above posts right? I'm betting its not going to be worth the trouble but as long as you use the same boot.img that Cloudyfa has in his rom its worth a shot as long as you make a full nandroid including efs. If you think it is to much to tackle I could help you if you want to be a guinea pig.

Blarg0604

Oct 8, 2013
yes, you did read all of the above posts right? I'm betting its not going to be worth the trouble but as long as you use the same boot.img that Cloudyfa has in his rom its worth a shot as long as you make a full nandroid including efs. If you think it is to much to tackle I could help you if you want to be a guinea pig.

I didn't get much of it, as I am still getting used to flashing ROM's. I have no idea what a nandroid is, efs or how to use a boot.img. At the most, I have been flashing zip's and kzd's on the computer. I was just assuming SOMEONE out there has had to make a G3 T-Mobile ROM so far. I mean, its been out for a while. I wouldn't mind being a a guinea pig if someone was to make a port, worse case scenario I can just boot into recovery and wipe/backup, right?

ThePagel

Jul 6, 2012
Minneapolis
I didn't get much of it, as I am still getting used to flashing ROM's. I have no idea what a nandroid is, efs or how to use a boot.img. At the most, I have been flashing zip's and kzd's on the computer. I was just assuming SOMEONE out there has had to make a G3 T-Mobile ROM so far. I mean, its been out for a while. I wouldn't mind being a a guinea pig if someone was to make a port, worse case scenario I can just boot into recovery and wipe/backup, right?

Ill tell you what go into twrp and make a backup (nandroid) and make sure efs (imei) is selected if it is not a option Ill find you a update zip that will make a efs backup for you. I can wip something up quick and you can test it if you feel comfortable doing that. It is 9:38 pm here I can have it slapped together by 10:30 as long as I keep it easy on the beer.

Last edited:

Blarg0604

Oct 8, 2013
Ill tell you what go into twrp and make a backup (nandroid) and make sure efs (imei) is selected if it is not a option Ill find you a update zip that will make a efs backup for you. I can wip something up quick and you can test it if you feel comfortable doing that. It is 9:38 pm here I can Have it slapped together by 10:30 as long as I keep it easy on the beer.

Wow, you'd really do that? Thanks! :eek: Are you just merging the Wifi calling with Cloudy's ROM, or what's your plan?

ThePagel

Jul 6, 2012
Minneapolis
Wow, you'd really do that? Thanks! :eek: Are you just merging the Wifi calling with Cloudy's ROM, or what's your plan?

Nope I am going to compare cloudy's rom to my rom (the lonely rom) and see what needs to be changed. I am assuming the reason he had so many problems is because He used the international g3 system. I would bet almost nothing is going to need to be changed. Tell me when your backup is made. you should copy it to your pc to be doubly safe.

*edit*
you need loki so it might be a little longer than I had originally stated but not much.

Last edited:

Blarg0604

Oct 8, 2013
Nope I am going to compare cloudy's rom to my rom (the lonely rom) and see what needs to be changed. I am assuming the reason he had so many problems is because He used the international g3 system. I would bet almost nothing is going to need to be changed. Tell me when your backup is made. you should move it to your pc to be doubly safe.

All good here, backed up to my PC as well. I didn't know The Lonely ROM had Wifi Calling, I didn't see it anywhere in the features or changelogs.

Blarg0604

Oct 8, 2013
I didn't add it because it is for the most part pure t mobile stock and anyone on a t mobile g3 would just assume it has it.

I see a lot of "stock" ROM's that don't have Wifi Calling for T-Mobile, my bad. The Lonely ROM is only for the G3, right? I would imagine it wouldn't be flash-able on my G2, right?

ThePagel

Jul 6, 2012
Minneapolis
I see a lot of "stock" ROM's that don't have Wifi Calling for T-Mobile, my bad. The Lonely ROM is only for the G3, right? I would imagine it wouldn't be flash-able on my G2, right?

It is a G2 port as of now but I am quadruple checking my changes. With these changes will come a new name and it will be for the t-mobile g2 only. Cloudy's rom didn't have anything special that I could see (didn't look into camera yet and when I do it will be my own work) so I just added loki to my build and the proper boot.img and some build prop edits. I will pm you with a link for the rom. you did make a efs backup right? It is very important you do this first.

Blarg0604

Oct 8, 2013
It is a G2 port as of now but I am quadruple checking my changes. With these changes will come a new name and it will be for the t-mobile g2 only. Cloudy's rom didn't have anything special that I could see (didn't look into camera yet and when I do it will be my own work) so I just added loki to my build and the proper boot.img and some build prop edits. I will pm you with a link for the rom. you did make a efs backup right? It is very important you do this first.

EFS Backup is made, and stored on my Internal Storage and Computer. Wow, this is amazing. Thank you! Also, I need to flash a 4.4.2 Baseband with the ROM, correct?

Last edited:

ThePagel

Jul 6, 2012
Minneapolis
EFS Backup is made, and stored on my Internal Storage and Computer. Wow, this is amazing. Thank you! Also, I need to flash a 4.4.2 Baseband with the ROM, correct?

doing that couldn't hurt but if you already flashed it you wont need to do it again

its uploading how about we resume this tomorrow I got really tired in the past 20 minutes probably the beer alcohol always makes me sleepy.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That is fantastic advice I will not try to fight you on that but the g3 and the g2 should be close enough to flash each other as long as you stay away from mixing kernels. The only heavy lifting you would need to do with this port is use a stock (or modified) 4.4.2 g2 kernel, replace the camera app and change the DPI. With the stated three changes it would probably run silky smooth. Porting gets hairy when you try to port a brand new phone system to a phone that is 3+ years old or points the system image to a different partition (and or all the partitions are different).

Cloudyfa has been working about 2 months on porting a G3 rom and at points he has gotten stumped because he would add one thing and 50 other things would not work. It works great give or take a few random problems but it didn't take him a weekend.