update 2.3.3 released OTA

Search This thread

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
I encountered several issues after update :

1. SMS time stamp - messed up once in a while
2. now I cannot see name and pic tagged to contacts in People when viewing SMS ie in SMS msg, I can only see the phone number
3. WIFI and bluetooth seem to be having some prob - cannot detect. hotspot is working though

Did you encounter any such (or other) issues ? Issue 1 is still not to bad. but issue 2 is kinda irritating cos now i dun know who sms me. as for issue 3, prob with WIFI seems to be a known prob but bluetooth ?

Any way that we can raise this to HTC? I sent them an email but no reply thus far.

My experience after upgrading to 2.3.3:
1. No timestamp problem so far but I receive very few SMS
2. Both name and photo are shown correctly in SMS
3. No problem with WiFi. Haven't try BT yet maybe this weekend. But people having problem with WiFi seems to be related to weak signal.

I guess your SMS problem maybe due to corrupted SMS data store during upgrade. Maybe you can try to backup your SMS, then clear it's data and restore them back.

m5m3

Mar 18, 2010
Thanks for the reply.

How do I clear data store? as in back up the sms and than delete all sms?

My experience after upgrading to 2.3.3:
1. No timestamp problem so far but I receive very few SMS
2. Both name and photo are shown correctly in SMS
3. No problem with WiFi. Haven't try BT yet maybe this weekend. But people having problem with WiFi seems to be related to weak signal.

I guess your SMS problem maybe due to corrupted SMS data store during upgrade. Maybe you can try to backup your SMS, then clear it's data and restore them back.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have posted a rooted 2.3.3 ROM in the dev section, should just be able to flash through recovery
    update aint fake how can i have 2.3.3 installed on my phone than?
    @bippolinno, stop posting ok? u make absolutely no sense at all... everyone claims its a fake and a lie.... and all i said is check all nationalitys...

now why did i say this?

erhm maybe it is an ota update somewhere on this friggin planet?

thats about it... now stop it.... i dont wanna start a flamewar over this useless subject....

people are innocent in my opinion unless something else has been proven

But no one has stepped and mentioned that they've been able to update via OTA. Maybe there is an update on this planet, but someone needs to step up and say it.

Until someone does so, it'll be hard to believe as only one website has mentioned this at all!

BTW, this so called "useless" subject is the main topic of the thread!
    Are other languages ​​supported gingerbraed version

Use MoreLocales to select your language
    No type of data restriction

Just curious to know whether the OTA update happened over a wi-fi connection or over standard HSDPA/3G etc? It's a big file so just wondering whether HTC have restricted it to a wi-fi only download?

Cheers!

I just upgrade by connecting the phone to PC via cable and select USB connection to "Internet pass-through".