[4.0.3] dsp manager and stock gallery

Search This thread

thatlonedude

Dec 24, 2010
so i updated to the 4.0 leak and so far its been great but the thing that bothered me the most is the crappy EQ that comes built into google music and the fact that samsung is still using the same old crappy gallary from 2.x! so i replaced them with the stock 4.0 gallery and the DSP manager from cm9 and they work perfectly! :D

just use root explorer to move the 2 .apks to /system/app than reboot

oh and if you want you can disable the samsung gallery so you wont have to deal with that crappy thing :cool:

edit: so i couldn't get the stock ics camera working as a system app but you can go ahead and install it as a user app, the only problem i'm having is the video camera crashes a lot

Attachments

• DSPManager.apk
    160.6 KB · Views: 754
  • GalleryGoogle.apk
    2.1 MB · Views: 821
  • Camera-1.apk
    955 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:

thatlonedude

Dec 24, 2010
Great thank you, I love the ICS gallery.

I was wondering also if you could find the native ICS camera app , I would love to replace the samsung one.

Thanks again

Just tried out the stock camera from my transformer on cm9 and my skyrocket went black, vibrated a lot and crashed :( you could try camera ics+ or w/e is called, its in the play store but its a bit laggy on mine

Edit: I'll try and get the camera from my moms atrix on cm9, I'm not giving up that easily!

Reactions: floppy__

thatlonedude

Dec 24, 2010
They did the same thing when they updated the original galaxy s to gingerbread, they're just trying to get use to buy the sgs3 when it comes out :/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

edgex

Jan 29, 2012
San Francisco
Thanks! will test shortly. Update: All seem to work, Some parts of the new camera app I like, others not so much, like I can't disable shutter sounds, or tell it to save to my external SD card, whats up with that? The gallery is alright, they added a nice editor with instagram like effects which is cool and easy sharing. Though they removed the contrast/brightness/saturation sliders, which I liked. Everything seems to be a give and take :/

Edit 2: The new gallery allowed me to make scrolling backgrounds work again! WOOHOO.

Any other apps from ICS worth getting? or ICS specific apps from the market?

also, maybe you'd know, anyway to theme the top notification bar to be blue like standard ICS not white/green like GB?

Last edited:

cashyftw

Sep 11, 2010
Can anyone get the mms apk for the messaging app?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

toyfj2k7

Feb 8, 2012
Ashland City
Thanks! will test shortly. Update: All seem to work, Some parts of the new camera app I like, others not so much, like I can't disable shutter sounds, or tell it to save to my external SD card, whats up with that? The gallery is alright, they added a nice editor with instagram like effects which is cool and easy sharing. Though they removed the contrast/brightness/saturation sliders, which I liked. Everything seems to be a give and take :/

Edit 2: The new gallery allowed me to make scrolling backgrounds work again! WOOHOO.

Any other apps from ICS worth getting? or ICS specific apps from the market?

also, maybe you'd know, anyway to theme the top notification bar to be blue like standard ICS not white/green like GB?

I tried this and it seems to work:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1568128

At least for the battery icon

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-03-28-02-16-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-03-28-02-16-52.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:

thatlonedude

Dec 24, 2010
I haven't really been working on getting more stock ics apps but I know that the movie editor works and I'm gonna try to get some more apps when I get home, BTW I'm not a themer(yet) so I can't change the status bar :/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    so i updated to the 4.0 leak and so far its been great but the thing that bothered me the most is the crappy EQ that comes built into google music and the fact that samsung is still using the same old crappy gallary from 2.x! so i replaced them with the stock 4.0 gallery and the DSP manager from cm9 and they work perfectly! :D

just use root explorer to move the 2 .apks to /system/app than reboot

oh and if you want you can disable the samsung gallery so you wont have to deal with that crappy thing :cool:

edit: so i couldn't get the stock ics camera working as a system app but you can go ahead and install it as a user app, the only problem i'm having is the video camera crashes a lot
    Great thank you, I love the ICS gallery.

I was wondering also if you could find the native ICS camera app , I would love to replace the samsung one.

Thanks again

Just tried out the stock camera from my transformer on cm9 and my skyrocket went black, vibrated a lot and crashed :( you could try camera ics+ or w/e is called, its in the play store but its a bit laggy on mine

Edit: I'll try and get the camera from my moms atrix on cm9, I'm not giving up that easily!