4.3 for T-Mobile M919 is rolling out NOW (Confirmed!)

Search This thread

nickcaper

Jun 2, 2012
I just got the S4 today. Im downloading the OTS update.
Have not rooted.
This should be interesting since I just exchanged the Nexus 5 for this phone.
The Nexus has 4.4 kitkat. I didnt like it..

nickcaper

Jun 2, 2012
Here is the MK2 GSM & LTE modems. If you need help flashing with Odin go to this thread. I used heimdall and those commands are below.

Code:
heimdall flash --MDM modem.bin
heimdall flash --APNHLOS NON-HLOS.bin

LTE Modem
md5: 80f4411ef589ee1cfbbd776f4c169b6a
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i44ynin7dsymfx5/NON-HLOS.bin

GSM Modem
md5: c4b3d2dd0e24f48d208bc3987f163b5f
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1gsjokadys4l89x/modem.bin

WHich thread do I goto to learn how to flash?

nickcaper

Jun 2, 2012
No those are for the international S4. I already attempted to flash and they fail.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

God... Help us all..
:eek:

This is such a cluster F**

My phone has knox with MK2 band

DO I mess with it or not?
I already installed WanamLite ROM by wanam:
http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2283194

Its a 4.2.2 rom.
The rom is actually for an i9505.. But I have it on a Tmobile S4. Exactly what is an i9505 anyway?

My signal is good with 4g but it never shows LTE...
I know I can get LTE on a Nexus 5.

I think moderators just need to go and delete about 80% of these threads cause its all showing how people are just totally confused and we keep getting different instructions...

Recommendations please.

shiamatsu

Nov 13, 2013
Cloudsdale
God... Help us all..
:eek:

This is such a cluster F**

My phone has knox with MK2 band

DO I mess with it or not?
I already installed WanamLite ROM by wanam:
http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2283194

Its a 4.2.2 rom.
The rom is actually for an i9505.. But I have it on a Tmobile S4. Exactly what is an i9505 anyway?

My signal is good with 4g but it never shows LTE...
I know I can get LTE on a Nexus 5.

I think moderators just need to go and delete about 80% of these threads cause its all showing how people are just totally confused and we keep getting different instructions...

Recommendations please.
There are various models of the S4 with different model numbers. The international model had a model number as i9505, while the T-Mobile variant has a model number of M919. Every S4 model can flash ROMs designated other models; however, what's special about the T-Mobile version is that we don't need a special "bypass" to flash ROMs b/c we don't have a locked a bootloader. What's different between i9505 ROMs and US carrier ROMs is that carriers show LTE as LTE while the i9505 show LTE as 4G.

And no, we don't need mods to delete threads just because of failure from people like you to do some research about the models of the S4 and read instructions carefully.

Last edited:

Northfacearshad

Oct 11, 2013
Gainesville, Florida

nickcaper

Jun 2, 2012
There are various models of the S4 with different model numbers. The international model had a model number as i9505, while the T-Mobile variant has a model number of M919. Every S4 model can flash ROMs designated other models; however, what's special about the T-Mobile version is that we don't need a special "bypass" to flash ROMs b/c we don't have a locked a bootloader. What's different between i9505 ROMs and US carrier ROMs is that carriers show LTE as LTE while the i9505 show LTE as 4G.

And no, we don't need mods to delete threads just because of failure from people like you to do some research about the models of the S4 and read instructions carefully.

Never said anything about deleting threads because we have trouble knowing the difference between Galaxy S4's.

My thread was to point out that of the HUNDREDS and HUNDRED of pages I HAVE read just about the S4 that I have ( SGH T919 ). only a handful mention any useful info. Most of it is people trying to figure out exactly what to do because the instructions are usually WRONG! Lets not forget the posts where people say to download this or that modem or some zip file but dont even put a link to where the files are!

We have people here that click on links to videos and even links to totally different phone models which are suppose to instructional so we can root our phones. We do what the videos and links say then find the they are wrong. We found out because our phone craps out on us. You really expect people to read 200 post or even 500 posts to find out that the OP was wrong? I think the BEST thing to do is just delete the thread! I spent all day trying to figure out what the hell MK2 means. I think most of us are. Reason is cause there is so much mis understanding and misinformation in these threads that it takes a lot of time trying to sort out the bullsh**.

But... Im sooo sorry for asking a simple question about what Im sure others are also wondering....Its not like Ive been lead into a totally different phone thread when looking for a rom for my phone :rolleyes:
Its not like I was looking for a Tmobile rom ( SGH-T919 ) but someone was telling me ( and all of us ) to use a rom from a totally different phone ( i905 etc etc ):confused:
I guess youre right. I should read throw all the hundreds of threads to get even more confused.... Cause thats a good thing. A cool thing...:rolleyes: Cause asking a question is bad :rolleyes:

I can see why some of the Devs are leaving.... :rolleyes:

Reactions: asidekick

jonahtriangle

Oct 6, 2009
I don't think you are in the right place. A SGH-T919 is an old Samsung behold not a gs4. You should be greatfull for people trying to help you. You do not seem to be appreciative.
evynuqes.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gabrielshaste

Sep 22, 2011
Murphy
In fairness, I think that was just a mistype on his part. If he's coming from a nexus 5, then he probably has the m919.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

exitpr0gram

Mar 4, 2012
Dallas
I posted this in some thread, not sure where, but here you go.

M919UVUEMK2_M919TMBEMK2_TMB.zip:
https://copy.com/OIgoiGFwiV7gZ4So

For whatever reason that file does not exist on that site. It said "save all" but nothing comes up. Here is the exact same untouched stock, original, 4.3 image for T-Mobile from sammobile.com (downloaded and uploaded to my dropbox) ...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ow5ygysh1qc4840/M919UVUEMK2_M919TMBEMK2_TMB.zip

Top Liked Posts