[Q] Home button, quick toggles, lock screen not working/missing.

Search This thread

TBoneSausage

Jul 8, 2012
has anyone found a workable solution to this? I Tried upgrading to the 04/09/14 version of CM11, and found myself in a loop of crashing apps once it started up (mostly system apps such as NFC, system, and a few other background (core) apps to android. I, being a fool, didn't back up my previous state of the system before doing this, so my best option was flashing back to the previous .zip i had, which was the one i was using before.

Home button(wakes, but does not work once awake), quick toggles, and the lock screen are all missing,

Tried: Efi keystroke change to ON and a reboot ( didn't check if it was ON previously)
reflash with a formatted /system and /cache.
reflash with the 04/07/14 version (which was still an update from what i had)

I tried a few solutions some people gave involving different phones/tablets with similar issues involving sqlite editing (i believe the /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db file but the changes didn't work since the changes seemed to be more specific to their model.

rod_gomes

Aug 29, 2011
has anyone found a workable solution to this? I Tried upgrading to the 04/09/14 version of CM11, and found myself in a loop of crashing apps once it started up (mostly system apps such as NFC, system, and a few other background (core) apps to android. I, being a fool, didn't back up my previous state of the system before doing this, so my best option was flashing back to the previous .zip i had, which was the one i was using before.

Home button(wakes, but does not work once awake), quick toggles, and the lock screen are all missing,

Tried: Efi keystroke change to ON and a reboot ( didn't check if it was ON previously)

I tried a few solutions some people gave involving different phones/tablets with similar issues involving sqlite editing (i believe the /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db file but the changes didn't work since the changes seemed to be more specific to their model.

I have the same problem... did u find any solution without a full wipe?

---------- Post added at 04:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 AM ----------

I have the same problem... did u find any solution without a full wipe?

Found a way... used the solution in this link

http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-...arch-home-button-not-working.html#post2536145

But in my case the device_provisioned field was in global in settings.db instead of secure and changing its value from 0 to 1 worked for me.

Jumaqidi

Dec 3, 2013

Get into download mode and flash stock rom. Then, without booting to the rom, go to recovery mode and factory reset.