[Q] GalaxyNexus Deleted all files after connecting to PC [Help]

Search This thread

taino001

Jul 2, 2012
So I connected it to my laptop to clean up some of my files and folders and to transfer some things onto my pc.

I remember deleting some folder called Mogo-Audiance or something along those lines, as well as another folder that seemed to be unimportant. I try to then move some music files from the download folder into my Music folder (transferring within the phone at this point) but it says theres some error and it can't be moved. I rebooted and replugged tried again no avail. Then tried moving a picture from phone to the computer. Error message again. Reboot once more and this time when I go into MTP only two files remain: Android and Viber. I check my phone itself and all my photos/videos/music are gone. Apps still remain intact however. I already tried Stellar Phoenix Recovery but it won't detect my phone.

Very frustrated and have no idea how to proceed.....

I attached some screenshots showing empty phone folders on pc and phone itself as well as recovery program being unable to detect phone.

Android 4.3 Jellybean-Carrier: WIND Mobile (Canada)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    50.4 KB · Views: 300
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    68.9 KB · Views: 279
  • Screenshot_2014-04-30-20-00-45.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-30-20-00-45.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 283
  • Screenshot_2014-04-30-20-00-59.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-30-20-00-59.png
    41.5 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
It cannot detect phone because it needs to Mount as USB mass storage device. No external storage= no UMS
You might be able to dump raw IMG somehow of storage and put on flash drive and try to recover... but takes lotta work.

Seems like you deleted something you shouldn't have. Take it as lesson learned to not just delete random files if you don't know what it is ;)

taino001

Jul 2, 2012
It cannot detect phone because it needs to Mount as USB mass storage device. No external storage= no UMS
You might be able to dump raw IMG somehow of storage and put on flash drive and try to recover... but takes lotta work.

Seems like you deleted something you shouldn't have. Take it as lesson learned to not just delete random files if you don't know what it is ;)

I'm actually about to cry. The photos I had on there were invaluable to me, please explain that way that you said I might be able to get it back.

I'm actually about to cry. The photos I had on there were invaluable to me, please explain that way that you said I might be able to get it back.

I'm sorry to hear that.
And also sorry to say I cannot help anymore than providing this information here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1994705

As I said, it is a lengthy and maybe in depth process but MAY be possible. No guarantee.
I haven't ever had to try this tho so I cannot give any more or better info other than what is in that thread.
Just take your time, use Google for things you cannot understand(you may ask me or here in this thread also for clarification of some steps and if I can help I will) and try not to stress.

And one thing I will recommend for future use is to install G+ and turn on photo sync settings. I have this on. You get 15gb free storage for photos and will backup as you take pictures and videos OR whenever you tell it to.
Or you could use dropbox or similar as that also has a photo sync option available. These things are invaluable in terms of peace of mind for if situation like this ever occurs again.