Problems with flashing roms

Search This thread

Tazmaniiac

Oct 29, 2013
Hey guys,
I want u to tell me step-by-step how to correctly flash a rom on my phone cause I made so many mistakes on my previous attempts..
I actually only wanted to update my rom (ViperX+ 2.0.1) via OTA, but it didn't work cause I ****ed up (sorry for the expressions) all the
system fileswith Lucky Patcher, no way to solve these problems (I installed a modded playstore with it). I tried so many things to find a solution but now I'm just tired of it.. That's why I just want to install it all from the beginning on.

What I have:
Unlocked phone with ViperX+ 2.0.1, wifi and signal not working cause I failed at pushing modules.
TWRP Recovery
The ViperX+ 2.0.2 Rom

Do I have to place the Rom on the Internal Storage and if yes where?
Do I have to flash boot.img via fastboot, and if yes explain me step by step how to do it (I only remember that I had to use cmd for it)?
Is boot.img = kernel?

Tazmaniiac

Oct 29, 2013
EDIT: Succesfully flashed the rom

Do I have to place the Rom on the Internal Storage and if yes where?

I placed it in the Roms folder and installed it from there using TWRP. The reason I asked for this is because when flashing a rom for the first time
I flashed the wrong boot.img before even copying the Rom itself on the sdcard (had to push it on the device using adb sideload)

Do I have to flash boot.img via fastboot, and if yes explain me step by step how to do it (I only remember that I had to use cmd for it)?
No, I used the Kernel flasher provided by the ROM developers, when flashing the first time it didn't work that way, mabe they fixed the flasher

Is boot.img = kernel?
Yes

tytnguy

May 26, 2007
Just a click away
Hey guys,
I want u to tell me step-by-step how to correctly flash a rom on my phone cause I made so many mistakes on my previous attempts..
I actually only wanted to update my rom (ViperX+ 2.0.1) via OTA, but it didn't work cause I ****ed up (sorry for the expressions) all the
system fileswith Lucky Patcher, no way to solve these problems (I installed a modded playstore with it). I tried so many things to find a solution but now I'm just tired of it.. That's why I just want to install it all from the beginning on.

This link should tell you everything you want to know about flashing..
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=35897873&postcount=2

Reactions: Tazmaniiac

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

This link should tell you everything you want to know about flashing..
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=35897873&postcount=2