[RECOVERY](Updated 2-8-14) Official ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.4.7

Search This thread

AjSvb

Nov 17, 2012
So is this "trouble free" or not with the latest instructions and files...reading through the thread it seems some are still having issues...is that even after things were updated?

evaradar

Aug 29, 2010
Toronto
So is this "trouble free" or not with the latest instructions and files...reading through the thread it seems some are still having issues...is that even after things were updated?

No idea. I will probably wait for a while - a week or so once things settle down with the latest recovery updates by CWM team/Koushik.

phobium

Nov 6, 2007

Definitely not trouble free... I've been flashing Android phones since the EVO 4G, and this was the first time I was bricked. Stuck in boot loop for a few hours as I tried to figure it all out after I unlocked the bootloader.

Computer wasn't reading the device, so I had to find some random drivers so the Nexus 10 could be read. I could see it in fastboot, but not adb (wtf?)

I get CWM back on the device only for the the 6.0.1.8 version to not register the power button as an OK command, so I had to flash the touch instead. Do a wipe cache, still boot loops. Just do a complete wipe, and still boot loop.

Had to reflash the whole recovery image from Google to get it back going again. I've never had anything like that happen before. I'm all rooted and going now, but it wasn't as easy as it seemed.

AjSvb

Nov 17, 2012
Sounds like I'm waiting...thanks for the info
I'm really interested to know once rooted if I'll be able to use Stickmount or something so I can read off a thumb drive...16GB goes quicker than I thought...especially when I don't have to re-encode all my TV shows from HD to SD anymore. That and SAMBA is missed, the native windows interface is beyond annoying, I can't believe you have to answer nag screens every single time you want to copy media files, even Mp3s asks for them. Funny how without your core rooted apps it just feels incomplete.

mbirth

Nov 22, 2006
Berlin
Did anybody try the non-touch version? I can select a menu entry using the Vol+ and Vol- buttons, but I can't confirm my selection - the Power key is not recognized.

mc2821

Jun 1, 2012
successfully rooted

Hi everyone, I was able to successfully root my nexus 10 and have cwm recovery continuously work and I wanted to share what I did and hopefully it works for others especially since I have been trying this since Friday when I got mine. After I unlocked my bootloader I couldn't get anything to work but then I remembered the clockworkmod ROM manager site so I downloaded the recovery from there (I opted for the touch version) which can be found here http://clockworkmod.com/rommanager and download the recovery for the nexus 10 which ever version you prefer. after it downloads put it in the same folder as your adb and fastboot. I did not change the name but used this command "c:\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.1.8-manta.img" without the quotes. make sure you are still in bootloader. after that flashed I booted into recovery to flash super user which I got from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1996900 and placed in the root of the tablet. after that flashes hit reboot and make sure that you click yes, if you click no or go back the recovery will not stick and you will have to reflash the recovery but you should have root regardless and you should be able to download rom manager and reflash the recovery from there (I had to do this). attached you will see some screen shots to confirm that this worked. good luck and I hope that this helped and is easy enough to fallow. anyone that needs clarification on my directions, please feel free to ask.

Attachments

• Screenshot_busybox.jpg
    Screenshot_busybox.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_recovery.jpg
    IMG_recovery.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 198
Reactions: GreatMoloko

thcaddict

Feb 27, 2011
So what is the consensus on this version? Is it still buggy or no?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

nandroid backup

I have installed this version of recovery 6.0.1.8. Installs fine and does no longer reboot. When I go into recovery to make a backup is starts the backup process for about 10 seconds then screen goes blank and recovery restarts to recovery reboot screen. Im sure the backup does not complete correctly. When I try to restore backup I just made says MD5 sum incomplete. When I go to file manager in clockwork file there are no backup files shown. I have tried this process numerous times. I then go to TWRP recovery and backup and restore work as they should. Anyone else having this problem, or is it just my device?
John Wick.

Masa6GCS

Mar 31, 2012
I have installed this version of recovery 6.0.1.8. Installs fine and does no longer reboot. When I go into recovery to make a backup is starts the backup process for about 10 seconds then screen goes blank and recovery restarts to recovery reboot screen. Im sure the backup does not complete correctly. When I try to restore backup I just made says MD5 sum incomplete. When I go to file manager in clockwork file there are no backup files shown. I have tried this process numerous times. I then go to TWRP recovery and backup and restore work as they should. Anyone else having this problem, or is it just my device?
John Wick.

I had the exact same problem. TWRP seems to be the only way to backup as of now

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
So what is the consensus on this version? Is it still buggy or no?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

There are still some issues for now with making backups and some users have reported problems with the power button for selection.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

tekkitan

May 28, 2009
Cleveland
Adding to the mix. Was actually looking at this thread to put a recovery image on mine as I just unlocked it. Then i swiped down my notifications and bam reboot. No recovery or anything installed yet, just unlocked. Was running fine last night so I assume it is something with the unlock causing it.

shimp208

Jan 25, 2011
Boston
Adding to the mix. Was actually looking at this thread to put a recovery image on mine as I just unlocked it. Then i swiped down my notifications and bam reboot. No recovery or anything installed yet, just unlocked. Was running fine last night so I assume it is something with the unlock causing it.

Hopefully just a random one off reboot if it still persists try flashing one of the official nexus 10 factory restore images.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

dannymac77

Apr 4, 2011
Super Newb Question

Same here. I had to do everything through adb.

I have gotten my device just the way I like it, stripped of the apps I don't want, installed the apps I do. So, is there a way, using CWM or other that would allow me to use my backup as a ROM that can be flashed to another device in scenario that this one needs warranty, etc. Actually am thinking about how work wants a super stripped down OS for some tablets, and this would make it so easy.

Unlock bootloader, flash CWM, save ROM, install and profit.

shimp208

Jan 25, 2011
Boston
I have gotten my device just the way I like it, stripped of the apps I don't want, installed the apps I do. So, is there a way, using CWM or other that would allow me to use my backup as a ROM that can be flashed to another device in scenario that this one needs warranty, etc. Actually am thinking about how work wants a super stripped down OS for some tablets, and this would make it so easy.

Unlock bootloader, flash CWM, save ROM, install and profit.

In the latest version of CWM under backup and restore options there should be an option that says "create image zip" if you select this it will create a update.zip of your current setup that you can then redistribute to others, use for yourself, or even modify and use as the base for a custom ROM. This would be the easiest way to redistribute your stripped down ROM setup.

Top Liked Posts