SGH-i747M - Failed flash wont turn on

Search This thread

Yumz

Dec 2, 2013
Hey guys,

I messed up.. I flashed a modem for the updated version of S3RX, not my current version (4.2.1) and that resulted in a pretty hardcore brick.The only response its giving is the red light with the charger plugged in and battery removed, as well as the QHUSB_DL message on the computer when connected.

I tried imaging a debrick image onto a SD card, and doing that but it didn't work but I'll outline what I did anyway just encase I'm doing it wrong.

1. Using Patriot LX 32gb MicroSDHC card
2. Imaged a debrick file another user provided from their phone (4.2.1) using win32imager
3. Put the SD card in, no battery, power cord removed
4. Put battery in
5. Did button combination for download mode
6. Phone didn't respond

So is there anything else I can try or do I need to get someone to jtag it for me :/

Reactions: skippin07

theramsey3

Jun 27, 2012
Hey guys,

I messed up.. I flashed a modem for the updated version of S3RX, not my current version (4.2.1) and that resulted in a pretty hardcore brick.The only response its giving is the red light with the charger plugged in and battery removed, as well as the QHUSB_DL message on the computer when connected.

I tried imaging a debrick image onto a SD card, and doing that but it didn't work but I'll outline what I did anyway just encase I'm doing it wrong.

2. Imaged a debrick file another user provided from their phone (4.2.1) using win32imager
4. Put battery in
6. Phone didn't respond

So is there anything else I can try or do I need to get someone to jtag it for me :/

Can you try it with a 16GB card? Ive had some people report failure(except one) with cards larger than 16GB and thus far everyone who has tried it with a 16GB have been succesful. (that I am aware of or atleast the ones who didnt flash a bootloader from a different device model)

Also I was told by -Mr. X- who is where I learned of this process that sometimes you may have to flash the IMG file on the sd card several times and try to access download mode several times before you obtain success.

Last edited:

Yumz

Dec 2, 2013
Can you try it with a 16GB card? Ive had some people report failure(except one) with cards larger than 16GB and thus far everyone who has tried it with a 16GB have been succesful. (that I am aware of or atleast the ones who didnt flash a bootloader from a different device model)

Also I was told by -Mr. X- who is where I learned of this process that sometimes you may have to flash the IMG file on the sd card several times and try to access download mode several times before you obtain success.

I have a 32gb one, I'd have to buy a 16gb but I'm more than willing to do that

So when you say flash the IMG file on the sd card several times, do you literally mean do it once, twice, ect.. all in a row?? Because I've only been doing that once each time. I have tried the second part of what you were saying though, I did try many accessing download mode at least seven times

theramsey3

Jun 27, 2012

So when you say flash the IMG file on the sd card several times, do you literally mean do it once, twice, ect.. all in a row?? Because I've only been doing that once each time. I have tried the second part of what you were saying though, I did try many accessing download mode at least seven times

Yes exactly write the file several times in a row then try again. - Mr. X- has successfully used a 32GB card so try again. There is still some hope

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Yumz

Yumz

Dec 2, 2013
Yes exactly write the file several times in a row then try again. - Mr. X- has successfully used a 32GB card so try again. There is still some hope

I see, okay I'll try that! :D

Thank you for your advice so far by the way

edit: No luck with doing that :/ What's the chances a 16gb would work instead do you think? Also, would partitioning it work?

Last edited:

theramsey3

Jun 27, 2012
I
I see, okay I'll try that! :D

Thank you for your advice so far by the way

edit: No luck with doing that :/ What's the chances a 16gb would work instead do you think? Also, would partitioning it work?

Is it possible you flashed the 4.3 bootloader? Perhaps something in the modem file is preventing the phone from debrick in with the older file? Here is a debrick for the SGH - I747M from 4.3 courtesy of - Mr. X- I mirrored it with permission. https://www.dropbox.com/s/4n2b6l32iv9udow/debrick-SGH-I747M-UEMK5.img perhaps it might do what you need it to? Although I shall not be responsible if you actually need a Jtag after that when it could possibly have been recovered with the debrick files?

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

I suppose it is possible that you have a bad debrick file? Bad downloads happen all the time.

Last edited:

Thony18

Sep 4, 2013
Monterrey
help me please

I have a problem ...
CM want to install 10.2 on my samsung galaxy s3 sgh i747m but can not find any rom or tutorial for phone CM.10.2 decided install that of ATT but it is a mistake to frame this

assert failed: GetProp ("ro.product.device") == d2att "\ GetProp (" ro.build.product ") == 'd2att" E: error in / emmc/0/cm-10.2-20131125-NIGHT-d2att

(State 7)

installation aborted

I have CWM Recovery v5.5.0.4
I need help

Yumz

Dec 2, 2013
I

Is it possible you flashed the 4.3 bootloader? Perhaps something in the modem file is preventing the phone from debrick in with the older file? Here is a debrick for the SGH - I747M from 4.3 courtesy of - Mr. X- I mirrored it with permission. *link removed* perhaps it might do what you need it to? Although I shall not be responsible if you actually need a Jtag after that when it could possibly have been recovered with the debrick files?

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

I suppose it is possible that you have a bad debrick file? Bad downloads happen all the time.

Okay, so I was in disk management to format the SD card so I could start fresh and the imagine file you linked, but I noticed like 14 partitions on it (That werent there before I should add).. I deleted them and went back to formatting, but left me with 29.26gb unallocated that I couldn't reformat.. I've only got 60mb on it now, and that's not even enough for the image :confused:

Any ideas what's going on?

Attachments

• fes.png
    fes.png
    104.2 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

theramsey3

Jun 27, 2012
Okay, so I was in disk management to format the SD card to try the imagine file you linked, and I noticed like 14 partitions on it (That werent there before I should add).. I deleted them and went back to formatting, but left me with 29.26gb unallocated that I couldn't reformat.. I've only got 60mb on it now, and that's not even enough for the image :confused:

GET a copy of mini partition wizard from here http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html Delete all the partitions on it then try to flash the .IMG file again.

when you get ready to use it in the phone again delete all partitions the phone will recognize it as unformatted and prompt you to format it.

when you write The .IMG file it formats and partitions the card to mirror the phones internal sd card.

Reactions: skippin07

skippin07

May 3, 2011
Same boat

Hey guys! This seems like quite a coincidence to me, but last night I was flashing a new ROM and now my phone is doing the exact same thing as YUMZ. So, I just wanted to say thanks (YUMZ for getting this thread started and theramsey3 for providing the help). I really hope you get this figured out. I was pretty sure after hours of trying to fix it last night that I'd need a new phone.

YUMZ, have you tried using odin3? In v1.83 (only v1.83) I get a yellow com signal from the phone, but when trying to use it, it always hangs at SetupConnection. I don't know if this helps any.

Yumz

Dec 2, 2013
GET a copy of mini partition wizard from here *link delete* Delete all the partitions on it then try to flash the .IMG file again.

when you get ready to use it in the phone again delete all partitions the phone will recognize it as unformatted and prompt you to format it.

when you write The .IMG file it formats and partitions the card to mirror the phones internal sd card.

Okay, thank you. I'll try this tonight

edit: So I followed all your instructions and used the img you provided, but still nothing :(

Hey guys! This seems like quite a coincidence to me, but last night I was flashing a new ROM and now my phone is doing the exact same thing as YUMZ. So, I just wanted to say thanks (YUMZ for getting this thread started and theramsey3 for providing the help). I really hope you get this figured out. I was pretty sure after hours of trying to fix it last night that I'd need a new phone.

YUMZ, have you tried using odin3? In v1.83 (only v1.83) I get a yellow com signal from the phone, but when trying to use it, it always hangs at SetupConnection. I don't know if this helps any.

I don't know if it's a good or a bad thing others are in the same boat as me :p But if this thread helps more people than me, and you than that's awesome.

I haven't tried doing that, I'll also do that tonight and post back if it does the same thing. Maybe if it does that'll have some significance that it can be fixed? Not sure

edit: I plugged it in with v1.83 open and it didn't recognize it. No yellow signal or anything

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

4. Put battery in
    6. Phone didn't respond

Okay, so I was in disk management to format the SD card to try the imagine file you linked, and I noticed like 14 partitions on it (That werent there before I should add).. I deleted them and went back to formatting, but left me with 29.26gb unallocated that I couldn't reformat.. I've only got 60mb on it now, and that's not even enough for the image :confused:

GET a copy of mini partition wizard from here http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html Delete all the partitions on it then try to flash the .IMG file again.