Notification drawer will not drag down

Search This thread

wcterp

Nov 16, 2009
BTW, this is on stock 4.2.2 on a D801 with no root.

I had been having a problem where my notification drawer would not pull down. At first, it wouldn't pull down at all. Then it would only pull down when I pulled from the very far left side of the notification bar. Then it would work if I was on the left half of the notification bar. Then only the left 25%. I tried rebooting several times, no luck. I switched to the marshmallow theme and all of a sudden it started working. I switched back to the standard theme, and it went back to the broken behavior.

I searched and searched and didn't find anyone else with these exact symptoms. I thought I'd have to factory reset to get this working again.

Fortunately, I was able to resolve the problem. Open system settings/general/apps, select the all apps tab, and scroll down to Home. Select it, and press the clear cache button. Now my notification bar can be pulled down from anywhere across the top of the screen.

I'm posting here in case anyone else ever runs into this problem in the future. I'm not sure what caused it. The touchscreen on that part of the screen was definitely working, because if I pulled down the drawer from the left side, then dragged my thumb down, right, and up, the screen was definitely responding to my finger moving around the very top of the screen on the right side. Something was causing the display not to pull down the notification drawer when I started from the right side.

Reactions: redspeed

mbwd

Feb 6, 2014
I just started having this problem on my LG G2 (Resurrection Remix LPv.5.4.6). At first I could drag down just by pulling from the top of the screen. Then, over time, it started to only work in the upper left corner. Now I can't pull the quick-settings area down in Portrait mode. It does work in Landscape view. It also works on the lock screen in Portrait mode: just drag down from the top-middle of the screen and the quick-setting area comes down.

I enabled the show touch feature in developers options and took these pictures showing that (A) the status/notification area is: (A) not receiving input in Portrait mode during normal use; and (B) is receiving input in Portrait mode on the lockscreen.

A:
Screenshot_2015-06-09-18-22-52.png

B:
Screenshot_2015-06-09-18-22-40.png

I am using the Nova launcher, but I tried Trebuchet, Google, and KK -- none fixed it. I also tried to remove my wallpaper.

The suggestion in the first post does not work as there is no "Home" in Settings>General>Apps>All Apps:

Fortunately, I was able to resolve the problem. Open system settings/general/apps, select the all apps tab, and scroll down to Home. Select it, and press the clear cache button. Now my notification bar can be pulled down from anywhere across the top of the screen.

Last edited:

mbwd

Feb 6, 2014
UPDATE: I did a factory reset and reinstalled my ROM. The problem persists. It is definitely NOT the hardware sensors, because that section of the screen DOES WORK on the lock screen.

My best guess right now is that it is something in the stock Gapps (I used micro). I had thought that it might be the Nova Launcher, but I tried other launchers and the problem remained.

Also, this issue seems to creep up around the internet, independent of the phone (see here, here, here, and here).

I am hoping a developer on these pages sees this and can deduce from the symptoms what is causing the status bar (i.e., that top 1/4 inch of the screen) to not receive any input. It seems like something (wallpaper?; launcher?; status bar modification?) is causing the input to not compute.

Please . . . help.....

Last edited:

Mavrinac

May 7, 2014
This problem just hit me too. XPeria T, CM12, also used "show touch" option and it stops respondingon identical part as yours.

I've read somewhere the problem was fixed by installing brand new digitizer, even though I have no intention of replacing it as the phone itself is ****ty...

This is my third or fourth disappointment in android devices and also my last. I'm moving back to button phones as I'm not expecting iPhones to be even near androids.

It was fun using CM12 while it lasted though...:)

Also, let me bring your attention to one things please:
You said your drawer can be pulled while in the lock screen, but while in the lock screen, my notification drawer can actually be pulled from anywhere on the screen, all I have to do is double swipe down. So I think your digitizer is damaged aswell, but the lock screen function probably fooled you.

redspeed

Jan 21, 2011
I don't have enough the home app on the rom I'm running so that fix won't work. Had anyone found a fix for this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BTW, this is on stock 4.2.2 on a D801 with no root.

I had been having a problem where my notification drawer would not pull down. At first, it wouldn't pull down at all. Then it would only pull down when I pulled from the very far left side of the notification bar. Then it would work if I was on the left half of the notification bar. Then only the left 25%. I tried rebooting several times, no luck. I switched to the marshmallow theme and all of a sudden it started working. I switched back to the standard theme, and it went back to the broken behavior.

I searched and searched and didn't find anyone else with these exact symptoms. I thought I'd have to factory reset to get this working again.

I'm posting here in case anyone else ever runs into this problem in the future. I'm not sure what caused it. The touchscreen on that part of the screen was definitely working, because if I pulled down the drawer from the left side, then dragged my thumb down, right, and up, the screen was definitely responding to my finger moving around the very top of the screen on the right side. Something was causing the display not to pull down the notification drawer when I started from the right side.