LG G2 Skins - Protectors

Search This thread

MarkAtHome

Feb 6, 2008
New Jersey
OnePlus 12
These look good. I was hoping it would include the camera lens cover like the Skinomi does. I've ready about how easily this "sapphire" lens gets scratched up. Not to mention the buttons too.
I would be interested in reading about how easily sapphire lens get scratched, considering how hard sapphire is.

Suprash

Dec 23, 2011
So if I understand correctly, Verizon's version is the only real special version ?
The international model (d802) is compatible with the T-Mobile/AT&T one ? :mad:

jutley

Mar 23, 2006
UK
So I previously ordered and installed the ZAGG full body protector (front and back) for my LG G2 (T-Mobile). The back protector was horrible. The cut outs were bad and collected a crazy amount of dust near the camera/button area. The screen protector was great as it covered 99% of the screen, but I took it off b/c of that orange peel effect.

I'm thinking between these three skins
1) Skinomi Tech Skin
2) ArmorSuit
3) Ghost Armor (Expensive though! - $60)

R Anyone try either? and which one do you like better in regards to cut outs and protection?

I find bestskinsever the best

http://www.bestskinsever.com/lg-g2-skins-screen-protectors-cases-covers-shields-films?mode=list&

Last edited:

irish.iolar

Oct 26, 2011
The exoskin looks cool but it doesn't actually come with a screen protector, just everything but. The ghost armor does, and it looks nice if you get the full body wrap.

Sent from my G2 ?

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

I actually have rolls upon rolls of all different colors & styles of 3m material in my garage, I think I might try to make a skin..

Sent from my G2 ?

mikedeconboy

Jun 23, 2011

The exoskin looks cool but it doesn't actually come with a screen protector, just everything but. The ghost armor does, and it looks nice if you get the full body wrap.

Sent from my G2 ?

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

I actually have rolls upon rolls of all different colors & styles of 3m material in my garage, I think I might try to make a skin..

Sent from my G2 ?

I would of went for the exoskin if it had the camera lens protector.. I wonder if anyone has tried it out.

juanzr1

Mar 16, 2011
Anyone know which skin would provide the best grip, like leather ,brushed aluminum,or the carbon fiber

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

mikedeconboy

Jun 23, 2011
Anyone know which skin would provide the best grip, like leather ,brushed aluminum,or the carbon fiber

A couple of friends have the carbon fiber skin on their iPhone 5s' and its pretty easy to grip. I don't know about brushed aluminium (I've never seen that before :eek:

MarkAtHome

Feb 6, 2008
New Jersey
OnePlus 12
I would be interested in reading about how easily sapphire lens get scratched, considering how hard sapphire is.
here is a thread about the sapphire lens being not-so-scratch resistant. that is why I was looking into the Skinomi design.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2475976&highlight=saphire
Thanks for the link.

That is certainly illuminating if one does not know what he/she is looking at (me, for example), and whether it looked anything like that out of the box.

Do you know whether LG or a crystal expert has seen this and confirmed that what we are seeing are, indeed, scratches? Remember, we are not looking at glass, but crystal.

Elnrik

Nov 16, 2013
Denver
www.superbestaudiofriends.org
I'm currently using ArmorSkin screen protector, and the incipio feather. Gives me good enough protection, keeps it slim, but adds enough grip that I'm not worried about dropping it.

The screen protector was super easy to apply, as it is a wet application. Just slide around until the fit is perfect and squeegee it flat. I couldn't speak to the whole body application, but i thought I'd let you know I found the product be good quality.

rk62

Aug 28, 2012
Always been partial to PhantomSkinz - have used both the skins and screen protector, top notch quality for both. Definitely prefer the screen protector to Zagg, haven't used any other skins.

puch0021

Nov 2, 2011
Minneapolis
Skinomi is offering 60% off their skins until the 4th I believe with the coupon code ENDOFTHE2013 at their website. Comes out to ~$8 shipped.

I was debating between an exoskin vs skinomi but I may go with that deal.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I previously ordered and installed the ZAGG full body protector (front and back) for my LG G2 (T-Mobile). The back protector was horrible. The cut outs were bad and collected a crazy amount of dust near the camera/button area. The screen protector was great as it covered 99% of the screen, but I took it off b/c of that orange peel effect.

1) Skinomi Tech Skin
    2) ArmorSuit

Anyone try either? and which one do you like better in regards to cut outs and protection?

1) Skinomi Tech Skin
    2) ArmorSuit

Anyone try either? and which one do you like better in regards to cut outs and protection?

http://www.xgearlive.com/products/android/lg/exoskin-1

I've heard good things about Exoskins. Anyone else care to comment?
    You mean the skin would cover the railing so the back of the phone touch the skin? :confused:

This is what I mean. This is the zagg back protector