[STOCK ROM] [ODIN & CWM] i896 Rogers Captivate Official 2.2

Search This thread

zuNcHAN

Nov 2, 2010
Calgary
If you have a custom ROM or SpeedMod or any I9000 based kernel, you should download ODIN 1-click, MASTER CLEAR, then flash the AT&T ROM. After that, you can use bay_wolf's AIO Rogers toolbox to get back to Rogers Froyo. I then used Kies to get my Froyo on, then flashed the Rogers Voodoo Kernel. After that I rooted and reinstalled my Titanium Backup.
!

Did you end up having the AT&T boot screen after flashing back to Rogers Froyo through that method?

Vicntc

Here is the Rogers 2.2 Froyo i896 Update.. Use at own risk. Im not responsible what you do with it.. Enjoy..

Odin Flashable:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LRH9TZTF
MD5: f6005f02714e395c79baac3f38f4b77d

i downloaded Odin, ran it and now have an AT&T i897 ROm on my captivate. I can't seem to get it into download mode again.

1. Is there a trick to get the Captivate into download mode after installing Odin AT&T ROM?
2. How do I use odin to install the above noted Rogers 2.2 Froyo i896 Update?

skorchir

Aug 27, 2008
Here is the Rogers 2.2 Froyo i896 Update.. Use at own risk. Im not responsible what you do with it.. Enjoy..

Odin Flashable:

i downloaded Odin, ran it and now have an AT&T i897 ROm on my captivate. I can't seem to get it into download mode again.

1. Is there a trick to get the Captivate into download mode after installing Odin AT&T ROM?
2. How do I use odin to install the above noted Rogers 2.2 Froyo i896 Update?

Pull the battery and put it back in, hold volume up+down and insert usb cable should go right into download mode.

I suggest using this one first will get rid of the AT&T boot screen:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=979133

Then flash the one in this thread for 2.2.

Load Odin, Put Phone in Download Mode, Click PDA and Load the tar file, Click Start

icedd

Oct 12, 2011
Hi guys,

I'm new to this, so don't shoot. Is this Stock ROM used to get to the stock firmware in order to flash custom ROM?

I understand the original ODIN One-Click does not work for us, Rogers Captivate as the AT&T would overlap?

There's not too much support on aiding Rogers Captivate, so I was hoping I could get some help here.

My Firmware version is 2.1-update1
Baseband version: I896UXJI2
Kernel version: 2.6.29
Build Number: ELCAIR.UXJI2

My phone is rooted with the Onesuperclick, and now I do not know what to do. Recovery mode does not work for me, but if I try to do the 3 button fix, that would involve Odin..

TRusselo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Edmonton
your phone IS stock firmware out of the box. you dont flash stock to get custom

you flash custom to get rid of stock
or stock to get rid of custom.

i suggest READING for a few DAYS before doing ANYTHING!

there doenst need to be support for rogers, it all works.
if anything I AM the info for supporting rogers captivate.

Rogers Captivate Stock ROMS 2.1-2.3.3

Last edited:

icedd

Oct 12, 2011
I see. So Stock ROM is only necessary when you need to go back to stock from a custom ROM.

So the I897UCJF6 - Odin3 One-Click Downloader, would still work for I9876JI2?

TRusselo

Jan 20, 2011
Edmonton
did you see it? right in your question......

"So Stock ROM is" .... "go back to stock?"

please be careful and read as much as possible before flashing.
make sure to upgrade your bootloaders if you are going to upgrade to gingerbread, otherwise youre in trouble@!

erbsmokah

I see. So Stock ROM is only necessary when you need to go back to stock from a custom ROM.

What is i9876ji2?

sounds like you mean i896-uxji2, in which case i dont see why you would flash an ATT stock rom when you are already on a rogers stock rom.

You should probably read more of the forums for a few days.. It sounds like you are unsure of what you are about to do or try doing... failure will result in a paperweight.

TRusselo

Jan 20, 2011
Edmonton

stock rom is only when your phone dont work right anymore and you need to know if its your phone or the software you put on it. and to send back for warranty.

so 897 (att) stock isnt the best, but it DOES work. (not for returning phone)

or if you think custom roms suck and you just want a piece again.

k first READ the XDA new user guide in my sig.
find the part about STICKIES.
find STICKIES.
READ STICKIES.

and
[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Last edited:

loonieryan

Nov 29, 2010
Crap, flashing this ROM has given me 3e stock recovery! What's the best way to get CWM on now? Using Odin and which kernel?

Nick0703

Jan 4, 2011
?
Crap, flashing this ROM has given me 3e stock recovery! What's the best way to get CWM on now? Using Odin and which kernel?

Just flash the Onix Kernel with Odin. Sorry I don't the link for it. Just search it up in the development thread and you'll find it.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Odin Flashable:

Clockwork Recovery Flashable: (To be applied from Stock 2.1) To avoid problems restore to stock.
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KS5X7V5J
    MD5: 4406cc444de931dbf0ff261f07388ac0

Kernel/Modem:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P1ZU4HLD

Update:

I created a CWM Flashable ROM. Plain stock with Root. This is my first time packing a rom. I tested it and it flashed ok from 2.1 and works on my device just fine. If you don't like it or it doesn't work for you don't blame me, you knew the risk. Post your success.

BTW: you will loose Clockwork recovery and will be replaced with Stock 3e Recovery.

Clockwork Recovery can be restored via this thread tested and it works:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=909213
    Kind of a noob about setting that stuff up....what should I be seeing? Do I have to add it manually? Haven't had to do that before

Here are the settings I used to get data on my phone

APN: rogers-core-appl1.apn
    Proxy: <not set>
    Port: <not set>
    Username: <not set>
    Password: <not set>
    Server: <not set>
    MMSC: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
    MMS Proxy: 10.128.1.69
    MMS Port: 80
    MCC: 302 (retrieved from SIM)
    MNC: 720 (retrieved from SIM).
    Authentication type: <not set>
    APN type: <not set>

To Change this:
    Settings -> Wireless and network -> Mobile networks -> Access Point Names

ANY OTHER Rogers APN did not work for me. And trust me this one took me a bit of digging around to find on their RedBoard website.
    Does it have HSUPA / HSDPA?.

Since its rogers it "Should" have HSDPA
    I have to ask for it cause I am not smart enough to do it myself. :D

In Captivate General there's a thread about the Armani Captivate with a link to all of its apks deodexed... and before you ask, yes, that's an official Froyo Captivate.
    I did ODIN to get my soft bricked phone back to stock 2.2 and I have a few problems. First of all I have no idea where this master clear is that we are supposed to do after an ODIN flash, second I have no mobile data (no 3g or h symbol either) and have no idea how to get my data back. Also my home and search buttons do not work. Any ideas on what went wrong?

I went into download mode and since it did not say a thing an any tutorial for ODIN I first clicked phone and it failed on the flash so then I clicked PDA and it flashed successfully and the phone is running, but with some serious problems. What to do?

BTW I have a Rogers Captivate.

*2767*3855# - mater clear
    Sounds like your missing apn info
    You can google the apn settings or maybe try another flash after master clearing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App