[Q] bootanimation file

Search This thread

atikrasul

Sep 28, 2013
as per the instruction to change the bootanimation I went to system/media on root browser but there is no bootanimation.zip instead there are qmg files like bootsamsung.qmg, bootsamsungloop.qmg, chargingwarning.qmg and so on. Hope some dev can help me.

atikrasul

Sep 28, 2013
i have gone through the instructions on that forum... they asked to rename(backup) the existing bootanimation.zip file and paste the new one, set permission and reboot. But there is no bootanimation.zip file only.

Read the boot animation thread again .

Instructions tell you to put a bootanimation zip in the location its not the standard qmg boot files .

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Repeat correct the stock boot animation is not zip format but QMG .

You cannot backup a file that you never put their yourself in the first place .eg Bootanimation.zip does not exist on stock .

atikrasul

Sep 28, 2013
i put a zip file and tried but it dint change...so is there no way to change the bootanimation in stock samsng rom? i even tried rom toolbox....if there is any such thread for stock samsung plese guide me to it if you know.

Repeat correct the stock boot animation is not zip format but QMG .

You cannot backup a file that you never put their yourself in the first place .eg Bootanimation.zip does not exist on stock .

JustArchi

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2013
Warsaw

JustArchi

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2013
Warsaw
Dont know about that i have a old boot animation working just fine on numerous 4.3 roms .
Enable custom boot animation zip when a boot animation zip does not work out of the box or i have not changed it in the rom base .

Would your own basic NA5 rom have that included binary ??

My NA5 doesn't have that, I self-compiled it from CM sources and put in ArchiDroid 1.X. For me, this zip didn't work (caused black screen only) on stock ROM, however it worked on some custom kernels.