Wireless Indicator Bug in KFHD 7" Software Version 7.2.3??

Search This thread

Gilly10

Sep 22, 2012
Mine has the little x in the wifi bar.I usually notice it after waking the Kindle Fire Hd. It seems to go back to normal after a minute or so.
Wifi functions as normal throughout so it's not a problem for me.
Im on 7.2.3

I have the same issue although every now & then it will lose connection, a quick disconnect & reconnect usually sorts it out, hope it can be fixed, seems the only downside to rooting at the minute.

KFHD "7 - Software version 7.2.3

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Kindle Fire HD 7" and 2 - Bug

I have the same issue although every now & then it will lose connection, a quick disconnect & reconnect usually sorts it out, hope it can be fixed, seems the only downside to rooting at the minute.

Gilly10,

Thank you for posting the comments, it appears to exist in x.2.3 across all platforms except the HD 8.9". We did isolate the location of the bug, it is apparent the problem exists in the Kindle Fire Framework, that is, the problem is graphical.

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Kindle Fire HD and 2 Wireless Indicator Bug

Mine has the little x in the wifi bar.I usually notice it after waking the Kindle Fire Hd. It seems to go back to normal after a minute or so.
Wifi functions as normal throughout so it's not a problem for me.
Im on 7.2.3

DVDYETI,

Yes, we have noticed the same pattern, when the Kindle wakes up from a sleep state, the indicator has a X over it, then after a reboot the problem disappears for a while.

Thank you for posting your comments DVDYETI.

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Kindle Fire HD 7" Software Update 7.2.4 Due To Be Released

To All,

Heads up, I heard some chatter in the Amazon Development chat room, it appears they are about ready to deploy software update 7.2.4. They do have the Wireless Bug fixed in the new release. Timeline, once the chatter starts, we usually see the update within 30-45 days?

Gilly10

Sep 22, 2012
To All,

Heads up, I heard some chatter in the Amazon Development chat room, it appears they are about ready to deploy software update 7.2.4. They do have the Wireless Bug fixed in the new release. Timeline, once the chatter starts, we usually see the update within 30-45 days?

Thanks that's good to know ;)

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Wireless Indicator Bug in KFHD 7" and 2

Gilly10,

We were trying to trigger the Bug today since it suddenly disappeared on our Kindle Fire HD 7" Tablet. Have you been able to put together some sort of pattern that triggers the Bug? We have hear sleep mode seems to trigger the Bug, today we were unable to replicate the bug. We are modifying the Framework around the Kindle GUI, eliminating the soft-keys etc and figured we would try to fix the issue while we were modifying the Frame.

I am wondering if the Kindle Fire 2 has the same bug?

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Prokennexusa - New Series - The Noob Express Series

To All-

We have listened to all of you, thank you to everyone in XDA Developers for your time and feedback, we are launching a new series for the more advanced and for the people who like quick and dirty tutorials. The new series will be called, The Noob (Simple) Express Series. The idea is to take our core steps and place it into a tutorial, drilling down the steps to 75% of the original tutorial. So, if we have the Root Kindle Fire and it is 10 steps long, we plan to make the new tutorial only 4 steps long.

We will begin to deploy the new series next week. Thank you again!

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
To All -

We are Bumping this since we are getting a large number of people complaining and thinking Rooting the Kindle Caused the problem.

We know now this is a confirmed Bug from Amazon.

bdeatha

Dec 17, 2012
same here.whenever i connect thru wifi.there is a cross mark in wifi signal indicator even if im already connected with a strong signal strength.what could it be the possible reason for that?hope you can help me.thanks alot guys!

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide MAJOR UPDATE 02/14/2013 at 21:48 Rev4.2.22

We have 26 functions at the moment in our software, the software is growing at a rate of 1 to 2 options a day.

OK, now to the new release: Official Major Release Dated 02/14/2013 at 21:48 Rev 4.2.22-

Kindle Fire First Aide Universal Package: KFFirstAide.zip

Kindle Fire First Aide 32-bit Optimized Version: KFFirstAide32.zip

Kindle Fire First Aide 64-bit Optimized Version: KFFirstAide64.zip

Kindle Fire First Aide RunMe Update (Included With The Above Packages): RunMe.zip

Make sure the PC has the latest version of Java SE: Java SE Development Kit 7u13

Our software has an option to wipe the Dalvik Cache and user data. Let us know if there are any errors during the installation

Gilly10

Sep 22, 2012
I was wondering the same, think there was a post somewhere made by prokennexusa that said it was due out within 60 days according to Amazon, anyway I only see it after my device comes out of sleep & it usually lasts no more than a minute or so, wireless still works which is the main thing.

Braves1995

Jan 16, 2013
I was wondering the same, think there was a post somewhere made by prokennexusa that said it was due out within 60 days according to Amazon, anyway I only see it after my device comes out of sleep & it usually lasts no more than a minute or so, wireless still works which is the main thing.

Same here, usually lasts for a short time right after waking the device up. However, there's been a time or two where the wifi logo completely disappeared, yet I still had an active connection going. Hopefully this is sorted out with the next software update.

Gilly10

Sep 22, 2012
Can anyone who's rooted with software version 7.3.0 confirm if this bug has been fixed?

cecr

Mar 1, 2013
Can anyone who's rooted with software version 7.3.0 confirm if this bug has been fixed?

Mine's pretty much the same. Possibly the 'x' goes away faster than it did, but it's definitely still there on waking.

My first model, a 7in 16 GB was n't affected at all, but when I got a 32GB I found the ''x' there almost all the time, and connectivity was affected. That was changed for this 32GB which had the x on waking but often goes away after a minute or two, or if wireless is toggled on/off. This one connects ok but still has the x

The 16 GB came with 7.2.3 whilst both 32GB came with 7.2.2

Gilly10

Sep 22, 2012
Mine's pretty much the same. Possibly the 'x' goes away faster than it did, but it's definitely still there on waking.

My first model, a 7in 16 GB was n't affected at all, but when I got a 32GB I found the ''x' there almost all the time, and connectivity was affected. That was changed for this 32GB which had the x on waking but often goes away after a minute or two, or if wireless is toggled on/off. This one connects ok but still has the x

The 16 GB came with 7.2.3 whilst both 32GB came with 7.2.2

OK that's good to know ;) Still hoping the OTA disable script keeps doing it's job as the 7.3.0 update doesn't look all that appealing right now.

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Update

To All-

I am back after a long bout of health issues. I have changed everything, my diet to my lifestyle.

I am really sorry for the people caught in the cross fire of my health, I will make it up to you over time.

I will begin to reply, slowly! Be patient. Those who have devices in my possession will be repaired in the next month, sorry for the delay but I was unable to do anything over the last months.

Best Regards,

Chris Bryant
Prokennexusa

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Has anyone else experienced an unusual bug on the Kindle Fire 7" HD 7.2.3 Wireless Indicator? I am using Go Launcher EX and Go Locker - recently I have noticed when I unlock the device from a sleep state, the Wireless Indicator by the battery symbol shows the Wireless Disconnected (x). Then when I go into Wireless, it shows I am indeed connected. Anyone else?

Updated: This is a bug acknowledged from Amazon, please post whatever you have noticed in detail so we can make an attempt to fix the issue. The more detail the better. Also, are Kindle Fire HD 8.9" Models affected by the same bug?
    Follow Up

To All -

We just received a response from the Amazon Software Development Team. They have

acknowledged the bug and plan to post a fix when they release 7.2.4. Software Version

7.2.4 is due to be deployed in the next 60 days. For anyone using our OTA Update

block, please wait for the update to post. Let's fist see what kind of damage it does to

the Kindle, then decide if it is worth it to perform a manual update. We will keep everyone

posted.