[Q] Help!! Customer's Phone stuck on Secure Fail: Kernal

Search This thread

peakcelln

Sep 22, 2012
A customer of mine came in and her Galaxy Note 3 with Verizon is stuck on a weird boot screen with Secure Fail: Kernel in the upper left hand corner, then across the entire center in much larger print is " System Software Not Authorized By Verizon..." then it tells her to return it to a Verizon store, or something to that affect. She told me she didnt try to flash or root at all; this just happened. VZW is going to swap her out, but she has all of her baby pics on her phone from Pregnancy through 2 years old(No she didnt use a micro card:confused:). I dont want to do a factory restore for obvious reasons. Is there a way to get her phone out of this boot lock without losing her data? I'm more of a hardware guy than a software guy, but I have done some flashing in the past. Please get back back to me ASAP, this woman was almost in tears in my store. THANX!!!

Oh, I also forgot to mention, my pc wont even pick up anything is connected when trying to connect via USB, so I'm guessing it would have to be a key combination that wont wipe the data.

Last edited:

HSD-Pilot

Jan 22, 2012
NRW
Google Pixel 6
She ore someone else tried to flash an custom Kernel or Rom on the Device. Verizon locked the Bootloader, so it failed and now it can't Boot.
Use Odin to reflash the OG Factory Rom.

Turn the Device off and start it by pressing & holding Power + Home + Vol.down.
You should boot into Download Mode > confirm it with Vol.up

DON'T tick Factory reset. Just put the FW and tick Auto-Reboot. There's an specific Verizon Note 3 Forum on XdA. Head over there and ask for help. Verizon Devices maybe different than the international onces, so to be 100% sure please look for the right Samsung Firmware and tutorials there.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2483380

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005

Last edited:
Reactions: peakcelln
G

GuestK0079

...from pregnancy through 2 years. LOL
But the phone is 8 months old. :)

Sent from my N9005

Last edited:

peakcelln

Sep 22, 2012
I didnt even think of that, the phone isnt even two years old. Maybe she had VZW use a Cellbrite to move data over from whatever device she used to have.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    She ore someone else tried to flash an custom Kernel or Rom on the Device. Verizon locked the Bootloader, so it failed and now it can't Boot.
    Use Odin to reflash the OG Factory Rom.

Turn the Device off and start it by pressing & holding Power + Home + Vol.down.
    You should boot into Download Mode > confirm it with Vol.up

DON'T tick Factory reset. Just put the FW and tick Auto-Reboot. There's an specific Verizon Note 3 Forum on XdA. Head over there and ask for help. Verizon Devices maybe different than the international onces, so to be 100% sure please look for the right Samsung Firmware and tutorials there.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2483380

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005