[Q] need help with note 3 re-rooting

Search This thread
I successfully rooted my Note 3 (tmobile) and tried several roms over the past few weeks. The problem I now have started with the last one i tried. I inadvertently mistook a rom for one that was stock and it unrooted it, adding knox back and undid all my hard work.

I started over and for some reason when I retraced my steps, the phone will only go into download mode and when it reboots, the boot screen comes on and then turns back off. I've used ODIN 3.09 with CF-Auto-Root, and tried the De la Vega root, and it all does the same thing. Sometimes I get the red android screen that makes it seem like it is rooted, but when it reboots "after 10 seconds", the screen goes black and never turns back on. I'd be happy with starting over again and trying from scratch, unless there is another way. If anyone could help me I would be eternally grateful.

I'm willing to do anything, whatever it takes, if anyone has the guidance and insight on what is going on here.
Thanks,
Last edited:

Namolas

Feb 6, 2009
Vancouver
I successfully rooted my Note 3 (tmobile) and tried several roms over the past few weeks. The problem I now have started with the last one i tried. I inadvertently mistook a rom for one that was stock and it unrooted it, adding knox back and undid all my hard work.

I started over and for some reason when I retraced my steps, the phone will only go into download mode and when it reboots, the boot screen comes on and then turns back off. I've used ODIN 3.09 with CF-Auto-Root, and tried the De la Vega root, and it all does the same thing. Sometimes I get the red android screen that makes it seem like it is rooted, but when it reboots "after 10 seconds", the screen goes black and never turns back on. I'd be happy with starting over again and trying from scratch, unless there is another way. If anyone could help me I would be eternally grateful.

I'm willing to do anything, whatever it takes, if anyone has the guidance and insight on what is going on here.
Thanks,
Unfortunately I cannot help you. Just subscribing for info, knowledge is power and I am preparing to root and ROM my new Note 3. Best of luck with your dilemma.

Negan

Recognized Themer/ Retired Forum Moderator
ok so here's the method that i always have used to gain root.
It's very simple and effective.
keep in mind this will trip your knox to 0x1 if you even care!

all you have to do is download the latest twrp or philz recovery (I recommend twrp - available in the tmo n3 original development section) and flash the .img.tar file in odin.
that will give you a custom recovery.
Then what you need to do is download the latest supersu.zip file and place it on your sd card or just dl it right on your phone.
then reboot to recovery (power off device and simultaneously hold the volume up, home button and power button.) you will see in blue font in the top left of the screen "recovery booting".
then in twrp flash the supersu.zip
bam you have root!!!

remember to read and search if you plan on any future flashing to be safe!

Reactions: Namolas

Eudeferrer

Aug 27, 2012
Miami
I recommend you flash a clean stock NE6 with ODIN. Then, you can root with Towelroot with just one click. It's that simple. It's worked for me when I lost root trying to update to latest build. Then you can upgrade using Mobile Odin Pro and using the "inject" root feature.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok so here's the method that i always have used to gain root.
    It's very simple and effective.
    keep in mind this will trip your knox to 0x1 if you even care!

all you have to do is download the latest twrp or philz recovery (I recommend twrp - available in the tmo n3 original development section) and flash the .img.tar file in odin.
    that will give you a custom recovery.
    Then what you need to do is download the latest supersu.zip file and place it on your sd card or just dl it right on your phone.
    then reboot to recovery (power off device and simultaneously hold the volume up, home button and power button.) you will see in blue font in the top left of the screen "recovery booting".
    then in twrp flash the supersu.zip
    bam you have root!!!

remember to read and search if you plan on any future flashing to be safe!