Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

barnacles10

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2010
Hey guys, I have read through many pages but there are so many versions I thought I would just ask. I'm on cm6 right now but need to flash to something that can actually get me through the day with moderate usage. I always heard baked snack had very good batt life but the last few pages of this thread question that. Does the newest drain battery for everyone and or anyone that could recommend which version might be best on battery.

Also, anyone using JIT successfully with this rom? Thanks guys!

K

krise11385

all the dl links are broken and i really wna try 9.7 any one have a mirror or another link ?

lzlaxhacker

Dec 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
all the dl links are broken and i really wna try 9.7 any one have a mirror or another link ?

Search button people. Search button. I don't know how many times I have to say this...if you are looking for something, search first, then ask. Wow. Multiple mirrors have been posted for both 9.7 and the kernels and have been mentioned over and over again the last two days.

infamousjax

Mar 29, 2010
Atlanta
Hey guys, I have read through many pages but there are so many versions I thought I would just ask. I'm on cm6 right now but need to flash to something that can actually get me through the day with moderate usage. I always heard baked snack had very good batt life but the last few pages of this thread question that. Does the newest drain battery for everyone and or anyone that could recommend which version might be best on battery.

Also, anyone using JIT successfully with this rom? Thanks guys!

This isn't the thread to ask which ROM you should use. CM6 has great battery if you just tweak it a little bit to maximize battery life. JIT is engineered into every Froyo build.

barnacles10

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2010
This isn't the thread to ask which ROM you should use. CM6 has great battery if you just tweak it a little bit to maximize battery life. JIT is engineered into every Froyo build.

Thank you sir. However, I am not at all asking anyone what ROM I should use. I am fully capable of deciding.

I did, however, ask the thread how battery life was on the current build, and whether or not users of this rom have successfully enabled JIT as I saw it was a problem with previous builds.

As for froyo, I know it has JIT. I have been using it since it leaked and was ported to my hero. Also, I have been testing every single cm nightly every night it comes out. Again, my reason for posting was to ask about battery on THIS rom. That way I have something to use should I need my battery for a while.

Thanks.

lzlaxhacker

Dec 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
Thank you sir. However, I am not at all asking anyone what ROM I should use. I am fully capable of deciding.

I did, however, ask the thread how battery life was on the current build, and whether or not users of this rom have successfully enabled JIT as I saw it was a problem with previous builds.

As for froyo, I know it has JIT. I have been using it since it leaked and was ported to my hero. Also, I have been testing every single cm nightly every night it comes out. Again, my reason for posting was to ask about battery on THIS rom. That way I have something to use should I need my battery for a while.

Thanks.

No JIT, but battery life is fantastic on this ROM.

SkelmecH

Jun 21, 2010
www.facepunch.com
Is it just me, or does logging into your gmail account not work? it always tell me it "cant establish a connection with the server", and im using Mobile Network.

I cant get into the android market or sync my contacts without my gmail account :<

Latest Bakedsnack by the way

nbakid2000

Jun 29, 2010
Springfield, MO
Took my phone to Best Buy.

Dude there determined the OS got corrupted or something. We tried another battery and the same thing happened. It drained like water.

I took the phone back after he did a factory reset on it. It's still draining like water. I did another factory reset on it through the "Clear Storage" function in the white screen. Nothing changed.

Will try rooting and reinstalling ROM again tomorrow...if it doesn't work, then something is jacked up with the phone and it started when I installed this ROM.

Not sayin' the ROM is to blame, but something definitely went wrong during the install process. Or maybe the phone is truly messed up.

Best Buy offered to send the phone in and get me a new one, but they're out...so this sucks.

Anyone heard of this happening? Is there a fix before I decide to take this in?

SkelmecH

Jun 21, 2010
www.facepunch.com
I take that back, its not just Gmail, data connectivity(via Moble Network anyway) Isnt working at all for me, I cannot load Webpages, emails, anything data

Not fun :<, gonna switch back to Stock until this gets fixed.

lzlaxhacker

Dec 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
Took my phone to Best Buy.

Dude there determined the OS got corrupted or something. We tried another battery and the same thing happened. It drained like water.

I took the phone back after he did a factory reset on it. It's still draining like water. I did another factory reset on it through the "Clear Storage" function in the white screen. Nothing changed.

Will try rooting and reinstalling ROM again tomorrow...if it doesn't work, then something is jacked up with the phone and it started when I installed this ROM.

Not sayin' the ROM is to blame, but something definitely went wrong during the install process. Or maybe the phone is truly messed up.

Best Buy offered to send the phone in and get me a new one, but they're out...so this sucks.

Anyone heard of this happening? Is there a fix before I decide to take this in?

I'm guessing the phone hardware itself is faulty. There is no way flashing this ROM would affect the battery after all the wipes and reflashes you've tries.

lzlaxhacker

Dec 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
I take that back, its not just Gmail, data connectivity(via Moble Network anyway) Isnt working at all for me, I cannot load Webpages, emails, anything data

Not fun :<, gonna switch back to Stock until this gets fixed.

Did you fully wipe before you flashed? Did you flash the latest radio? This isn't a common problem with this ROM so we will need a little more info to help you.

SkelmecH

Jun 21, 2010
www.facepunch.com
Did you fully wipe before you flashed? Did you flash the latest radio? This isn't a common problem with this ROM so we will need a little more info to help you.

Ive done nothing with the radio, all i did was wipe davlik/cache/etc and flash the 9.7 rom from the megaupload link 2 pages ago

And i just found out i had forgotten to nand backup, so i cant restore back to the RUU, ****

SkelmecH

Jun 21, 2010
www.facepunch.com
Ive done nothing with the radio, all i did was wipe davlik/cache/etc and flash the 9.7 rom from the megaupload link 2 pages ago

And i just found out i had forgotten to nand backup, so i cant restore back to the RUU, ****

Nevermind, data just started working, strange :/

Now i must know, is there any way to change the Black notification bar to White like stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Too late bro!!! lol!!!!!!!!!!
    what PRI version does everyone have?
    Every time I try to flash V8 I get

E:Wrong digest:
    system/app/Browser.apk
    E: Verification failed

wth?

what recovery are you using? or maybe its just a bad download.
    Did you do anything special when you flashed? Are you using the latest radio/wiimax? I really like this ROM, but something seems amiss on my end with the battery drain ..

Thanks!

I have the new radios and wimax...I just wiped and flashed. I have NO task killer and I have always on data off or whatever that setting is. I'm really surprised its pretty nice for 2.2. Every other froyo rom sucked my battery dry.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
    @shawnee4885

Make sure you don't have an auto task killer killing it. If you have one add that app to its exclude list.

@SYNTHAXXX

Yeah, I've had the music start playing by itself when I visit a page with the music widget. So have a few other people. Not sure why yet.