DISCONTINUED - [ROM][UEFMI1] 4.2.2 GT-N5110 - Terok Nor v2.1 - 01/05

Search This thread

xda890

Oct 26, 2007
Hi...

I have a NEE model of N5110, can I still install this ROM? Btw, should I wait for 2.0, if this is still imminent?

Regards,

BTJ

Last edited:
Reactions: [zozi]

docfreed

Jun 6, 2009
Alarm Not Working...

Great ROM and smooth but I have noticed that when screen is off, alarm is not working (may have something to do with my Poetic case/magnet so I will do a few simple tests and report back)

Otherwise this is a fab ROM and no other issues

EDIT: Alarm issue due to magnet in case - switched cases problem disappears. But I have the same WiFi issue as noted above - WiFi cuts in and out (reset router/reboot tablet or hard reset does not work).

Could be kernel? Stock kernel has no issue in this respect.

Last edited:

6Flip9

Jan 22, 2012
Shelton
@MrHyde03

Do you by chance have deodexed version of your rom (Isnt metioned in your summary) for N5110UEFMI1. Or Do you have a stock rom thats deodexed already?

Last edited:

docfreed

Jun 6, 2009
Nice!!!

Flashing as we speak - just one question: I still have the power-on sound in 1.1 - did you change that (per OP) or is there a setting I am missing? I will also let you know about "off-on" WiFi after the ROM has settled in for a while

Thanks for the update 1.1 has been smooth as glass.

docfreed

Jun 6, 2009
It shouldn't have been.... but yes, I did remove it on 2.0

I also have not experience any wifi issues on my device.
OK, power-on sound is no biggie. Also I think the WiFi issues were on the router end - a reboot worked and no more connect issues.

All-in-all, this is a great and very smooth ROM - thanks a lot

Reactions: BigBot96

Senyaka

Feb 28, 2013
I've just flashed this Rom, and everything is working very smoothly!! Thanks so much for this. Can't say anything about battery life or anything like that yet, but so far, it's very snappy, and I'm really liking the 4.2.2 features. Now if only Samsung would hurry up and get 4.4+ we would all be very happy. Haha

But great work to the Dev. Thanks for allowing me to update my tablet. :)

Reactions: 6Flip9

BigBot96

Mar 17, 2012
Ooltewah
android.garrettek.com
I've just flashed this Rom, and everything is working very smoothly!! Thanks so much for this. Can't say anything about battery life or anything like that yet, but so far, it's very snappy, and I'm really liking the 4.2.2 features. Now if only Samsung would hurry up and get 4.4+ we would all be very happy. Haha

But great work to the Dev. Thanks for allowing me to update my tablet. :)

Glad you like it. I hope, but doubt, we're getting anything more than 4.2.2

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Senyaka

cowhow

Mar 1, 2007
Fort Worth, Texas
Glad you like it. I hope, but doubt, we're getting anything more than 4.2.2

I agree with you about 4.2.2 likely being the end of the road. Buf, in light of the Note 8's relatively young age I find it a little odd the the Note seems to have taken a back seat in Samsung's line up. I'm running your rom and have very decent bettery life with Civ's kernel.

rfb813

May 15, 2012
Winter Garden, FL
I agree with you about 4.2.2 likely being the end of the road. Buf, in light of the Note 8's relatively young age I find it a little odd the the Note seems to have taken a back seat in Samsung's line up. I'm running your rom and have very decent bettery life with Civ's kernel.

I would hope that we go beyond the 4.2.2 but we'll see. BTW there is a new 4.2.2 Rom out the MK1. Here it is:http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-N5110. It has a 01.11.2013 build date.

Would love to see how it works, but I am sorry to say I am not a dev and don't know how to root it and prepare it for a flash.

ronjr123

Dec 9, 2010

This was/is not a big seller, therefore we will see even less support given by Samsung than normal. They shot themselves in the foot with the original price tag. If they would have listed it originally at $329.00 (us) and dropped it from there this would have sold better. That and just a little bit of marketing would have helped.

This is a really good device.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

BigBot96

Mar 17, 2012
Ooltewah
android.garrettek.com
Yeah I saw the mk1. When my family leaves after new years I'll rebuild off of it.

Only reason I got my n8 is it was on sale and Costco had it for $340. Its a real shame because I can't stand 7 inch screens. This 1 extra inch does a lot

cowhow

Mar 1, 2007
Fort Worth, Texas
This was/is not a big seller, therefore we will see even less support given by Samsung than normal. They shot themselves in the foot with the original price tag. If they would have listed it originally at $329.00 (us) and dropped it from there this would have sold better. That and just a little bit of marketing would have helped.

This is a really good device.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

That's true. This was also my first small tablet. I tried the 8.9 HDX from Amazon. Awesome hardware just couldn't live without having gapps and all the apps I'd bought. I am happy with the Note. But, you're right, Samsung hasn't helped it much.

andreofgyn

Oct 8, 2007
Hi, great rom, but how can I disable the scrolling wallpaper? I tried with the Wanam Xposed, but didn't work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Discontinued: Please visit this thread for Terok Nor v3

***Disclaimer***
    I am not responsible if you break your stuff. Use at own risk!

I am not a developer and do not pretend to be one. I'm an Android enthusiast.

Why no Aroma?
    Because I've made this ROM to my liking for myself, removing apps I'd never use. I have no need for a customized installer. I'm sharing this with you all because I'm sure there's somebody else who wants a simple, optimized ROM with the basic, stable features. If you want more options or customizations, this ROM isn't for you.

No complaints
    I do this in my spare time.

No special requests
    IE: Can you add this or that? THANKS!

Bug Reports
    Bug reports are welcome! Keep in mind: This is mostly stock and most bugs will be official firmware bugs.

Updates will come along when I have time and when I see something I'd like changed :good:

ROM Info
    ROM: Terok Nor
    Based on UEFMI1
    deodexed
    build.prop improvements
    Slimmed down
    Busybox
    Android 4.4 KitKat system sounds
    Custom boot animation - See note below
    init.d support - See note below
    zipalign at boot - See note below
    Removed power on sound
    Custom, smaller S Pen pointer
    Scrolling Wallpaper enabled in TouchWiz

Special Note:
    I have not developed a kernel for this ROM. Therefore, custom boot animation and init.d support is not enabled as this is a stock kernel. I HIGHLY recommend civato's SphereEngine kernel to enable these features. zipalign at boot is built into the ROM, but only if you flash civato's SphereEngine kernel.

Requirements
    A GT-N5110
    Custom Recovery
    IF YOU DO NOT MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS.. STOP HERE!

Installation
    A full wipe is only necessary if coming from a different ROM. All updates to v1.0+ can be dirty flashed (unless otherwise noted).
    1. BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!
    2. Flash
    3. Reboot

DOWNLOAD!
    MD5: fcad74d586f9da38bee7982a1c7f56ef

Don't forget to hit the thanks button!
    Change Log

2014-01-05
    Terok Nor v2.1
    Added AOSP 4.4 KitKat system sounds
    Updated Kernel to XXCMK1 (BTU) [System is still UEFMI1]

2013 - 11 - 05
    Terok Nor v2.0
    Rebuilt on UEFMI1 firmware.

2013 - 10 - 05
    Terok Nor v1.1
    Enabled scrolling wallpaper in SecLauncher3.apk (TouchWiz launcher)

2013 - 09 - 29
    Terok Nor v1.0 released
    Seems 4.4 is out :)
    I'll get this updated hopefully tonight.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    V3 R1 is here!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2763274

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app