[Q] DHD is dead? No bootloader anymore

Search This thread

MightMouse

Feb 1, 2009
Who think he/she can help me?

I was trying to completely clean my DHD for my girlfriend. So I wiped is all off via all the information on this forum.
Tried to flash ROM, RUU, Bootloader and Kernel. (after some advices)

Now I have a big problem I think....

I cannot get into my bootloader anymore, my DHD is starting with HTC logo and then continues with Android startup and keep hanging in there.
Vol. down + Power is not getting me into bootloader.

Flashing from CMD does not seem to work either because I cannot get the DHD to connect via USB. (cable is connected to DHD and laptop)

If you can help me.... my girlfriend and I would be much gratefull.

Greetings,
Remco

D

droid_ilari

Have you tried pulling the battery for a minute and the doing the volume down + pwr?

I pulled my battery for about 8 hours, so the length of pulling does not seem to be issue.
But again thanks for helping to find a solution.
what i know is accessed to the phone bootloader it just have two optional way..

first...with pressing and hole volume down+power
second..with adb command while the phone is already booting inside the rom..and off course with already enabling USB debugging too in system settings..

if both way doesn't work to access your bootloader...i think the last change is you must flashing it again the from beginning with RIFF BOX hardware and JTAG software if you have it..or take the phone to services center of HTC..

sorry...can't help more than this..

Orion174

Jan 3, 2014
Karachi
Who think he/she can help me?

I was trying to completely clean my DHD for my girlfriend. So I wiped is all off via all the information on this forum.
Tried to flash ROM, RUU, Bootloader and Kernel. (after some advices)

Now I have a big problem I think....

I cannot get into my bootloader anymore, my DHD is starting with HTC logo and then continues with Android startup and keep hanging in there.
Vol. down + Power is not getting me into bootloader.

Flashing from CMD does not seem to work either because I cannot get the DHD to connect via USB. (cable is connected to DHD and laptop)

If you can help me.... my girlfriend and I would be much gratefull.

Greetings,
Remco

Take the battery out ... put it back in ...close the battery flap .....hold down vol button for 3 seconds ....then click on the power button while still pressing volume down [Maybe your volume down button is broken....i dont think that its dead]...let me know of your progress

MightMouse

Feb 1, 2009
Take the battery out ... put it back in ...close the battery flap .....hold down vol button for 3 seconds ....then click on the power button while still pressing volume down [Maybe your volume down button is broken....i dont think that its dead]...let me know of your progress

I did that.
It did not work.

MightMouse

Feb 1, 2009
It vibrates ones when showing the HTC startup logo.

I am gonna try
what i know is accessed to the phone bootloader it just have two optional way..

first...with pressing and hole volume down+power
second..with adb command while the phone is already booting inside the rom..and off course with already enabling USB debugging too in system settings..

if both way doesn't work to access your bootloader...i think the last change is you must flashing it again the from beginning with RIFF BOX hardware and JTAG software if you have it..or take the phone to services center of HTC..

sorry...can't help more than this..

I am gonna look where to get this software.
Going to a HTC service centrer wont help I think..... Isnt it like "changing the software yourself will exclude HTC help"??

It vibrates ones when showing the HTC startup logo.

I am gonna try

I am gonna look where to get this software.
Going to a HTC service centrer wont help I think..... Isnt it like "changing the software yourself will exclude HTC help"??
the problem is you must find a 3rd party phone services placed on your country that are already have a riffbox or jtag hardware to flashing your phone from the beginning..

I cannot try this, because I dont have a RIFF box. This is hardware.
yap..RIFFBOX is a flashing hardware..

yes i know..if you already broken your phone cause of changing software by your self..htc will not recover your phone under they warranty

you already had loosing your phone warranty.. but i think that's not mean they can't help and fix your phone..off course without warranty (if they already know or detected that you already fault your warranty) then they will charge you with some of cost..

if so..with the hope of luck..then you can try brought your phone to the htc service center..then let they're analyst your phone and make decision about your valid warranty..who knows you already lucky then they don't know what are you already do it previously to that phone..

note : this all mean that's if your DHD is still recover under warranty by time..right..

hopefully your DHD will fixed soon..and good luck.. ;)

Last edited: