[Q] Cannot unlock bootloader

Search This thread

wmichniewski

Jan 12, 2013
Hi. I had bootloader unlocked while I had android 4.3 without any problem but PC Companion didn't let me install 4.4.2 with bootloader unlocked so I had to relock it. After that I installed KitKat without any problem and have tried to unlock bootloader again doing same steps as before but unsuccesfull. The message I get was something like "your device is already rooted" but is not. Also the bootloader is locked for sure. What can I do to sort this out?

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Hi. I had bootloader unlocked while I had android 4.3 without any problem but PC Companion didn't let me install 4.4.2 with bootloader unlocked so I had to relock it. After that I installed KitKat without any problem and have tried to unlock bootloader again doing same steps as before but unsuccesfull. The message I get was something like "your device is already rooted" but is not. Also the bootloader is locked for sure. What can I do to sort this out?

Dial *#*#7378423#*#*

goto service info then configuration and tell me what it says about the bootloader

wmichniewski

Jan 12, 2013
After I did it first time the message I get was:

FAILED (remote: Command did not succed)
finished. total time: 0.018s

so I tried to do it again and the message is different:

FAILES (remote: device is already rooted)
finished. total time: 0.004s

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
After I did it first time the message I get was:

FAILED (remote: Command did not succed)
finished. total time: 0.018s

so I tried to do it again and the message is different:

FAILES (remote: device is already rooted)
finished. total time: 0.004s

Did you make a TA backup?

If so, restore it and try again.

If not, flash a stock FTF of your choice, reboot and tell me what it says in service info configuration again

wmichniewski

Jan 12, 2013
when I can get ftf stock rom from and should I flash it with flashtool. After I do it my phone is gonna be on factory settings and I'm gonna lose all data ?

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
when I can get ftf stock rom from and should I flash it with flashtool. After I do it my phone is gonna be on factory settings and I'm gonna lose all data ?

From the FTF thread in the general section

You lose all data when unlocking bootloader anyway, (You must know this if you read the instructions)

Did you make a TA backup?

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Do not have TA backup.

well its a very good job you have not unlocked the bootloader then

follow this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2449244 to backup your TA

Downgrade to a rootable FTF, root using any means you are familiar with (Doomlord easy root kit or Bin4rys root many android method, just google them)
then backup your TA

then tell me when you have done that

In the meantime ensure you have read the instructions and all the information about unlocking properly as you seem not to have done that yet (From you not knowing you will lose data)