can i downgrade from 4.4 to 4.3?

Search This thread

cad_2011

Apr 14, 2011
Melbourne
hi fellow xdaers,

got a question on my i9505. i have installed this rom I9505XXUFNA1_I9505OXAFNA1_I9505XXUFNA1_OXA.zip for a while and due to my local telco running only 4.3, they mention that my phone is grey unit and they do not want to warranty it.

i'm wondering if i can re-flash back to its original 4.3 (telco) rom using odin without issue so that i can bring have it repair under warranty.

any gotchas should i look out for?

thank in advance.

spamtrash

Nov 9, 2008
Krasnoyarsk
hi fellow xdaers,

got a question on my i9505. i have installed this rom I9505XXUFNA1_I9505OXAFNA1_I9505XXUFNA1_OXA.zip for a while and due to my local telco running only 4.3, they mention that my phone is grey unit and they do not want to warranty it.

i'm wondering if i can re-flash back to its original 4.3 (telco) rom using odin without issue so that i can bring have it repair under warranty.

any gotchas should i look out for?

thank in advance.

This is commonly known and very popular among many newbies technique to do it.
You need:
1. Phone;
2. USB cable;
3. PC;
4. Small picture of some saint;
4. pen and paper.
So, let's start:
go to your knees in front to your phone, plug it with the USB cable and prey for something (so called P'n'P, Plug and Prey technique). did it helped? no?? so, go to the next step.
Now, you can sit in front of the PC, pointing your left eye on the phone, you shall write 1000x: I WILL read all precautions before I will flash new generation test ROM with new bootloader.
Now, you can sit relaxed and wait for the official update. As soon as you'll have it, flash it, wipe phone and go back to the service center.

marck_77

Feb 23, 2014
once again, no you can't. You are now on a 4.4 bootloader and can't downgrade thnx to knox :( I hope that helped you! :highfive:

the FNA1 still has got the old 4.3 bootloader, so yes, he can downgrade safely to 4.3 stock. Newer FNA5 and FNAD leaked roms have got the new 4.4 bootloader and they cannot be downgraded to 4.3 stock anymore.

Top Liked Posts