[ROM] unofficial CM9 by jokersax 7/04/2012

Search This thread

Sir_Brizz

Apr 14, 2009
Provo Area
So here is the ROM...

http://moto.anqu.com/rom_290/8759/

I don't exactly get what the page is saying. The translation is crap.
Repair the camera can not use the application software: The software supports a variety of real-time shooting and support for 720P camera, no ads, full-featured
Links to a third party APK to fix camera...

http://dl.dbank.com/c0wdbm4tww

There is another one here that is clearly just a repackaged joker build.

http://moto.anqu.com/rom_290/7554/

TravisAntonio

Jul 14, 2011
Santo Domingo
The Atrix HD has it's own forum for a reason....

No we won't see, the Atrix HD uses a Qualcomm+Adreno combo, not the Tegra2....completely different hardware, completely different ROM....completely irrelevant to bring it up here....

So has anyone tried out the camera fix apk from the chinese forum? Can't seem to DL even though I tried signing up and got an email confirmation

Trying camera fix =) just downloaded it :D

EDIT:

LMAO!!! The camera fix is the video camera illusion pro APP, so don't waste your time trying to download it like I did :p

Last edited:
Reactions: andyman_187

seamonkeys

Feb 13, 2010
So here is the ROM...

http://moto.anqu.com/rom_290/8759/

I don't exactly get what the page is saying. The translation is crap.

Links to a third party APK to fix camera...

http://dl.dbank.com/c0wdbm4tww

There is another one here that is clearly just a repackaged joker build.

http://moto.anqu.com/rom_290/7554/

translated myself, sorry for poor english

the following app is used to fix camcorder: The software supports many different effects under live-view and support for 720P camera, no ads, full-featured

Last edited:

andyman_187

Aug 16, 2011
Metro Manila
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8T
Anyone else have issues with apps in the play store? I just notices recently that a lot of apps have become "incompatible with my device". Even the apps i already have installed wont update anymore because they somehow became incompatible (although they do work just fine).

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app

ru11er

Mar 9, 2012
Woodstock
soundcloud.com
Hey guys, I have a question or two... I was running with jokers from up to 4 or 5, the I switched to neutrino; which btw is a stellar rom as well, definitely not ics tho and seeing all the jb features coming I've got back to jokers v7.0 it said that the rom would lack performance but would fix the browser issue so I downloaded and installed chrome, but when I type in a page in URL slot (Google for example) I just get a blank screen? The browser bar shows the loader loading it and then nothing, so I've gone to opera mini... but I was really excited for chrome.. I've done searches so if there is a post and I've missed it , then pardon me. As well, no Netflix yet? :) either way I'm loving ics again, I missed the performance and sleek sexiness... any suggestions?

Ps and downloading over Wi-Fi... it seems to take a lot longer on ics rom, is there an actual difference I didn't pay attention in nortious rom, but like 8 megs takes almost a minute now...

Last edited:

Alcapone263

Jul 28, 2011
Yokosuka, Japan
Anyone else have issues with apps in the play store? I just notices recently that a lot of apps have become "incompatible with my device". Even the apps i already have installed wont update anymore because they somehow became incompatible (although they do work just fine).

had this issue while using the tablet mod, reinstalling gapps fixed it for me.

Reactions: andyman_187

devize

Oct 3, 2008
Melbourne
I've got back to jokers v7.0 it said that the rom would lack performance but would fix the browser issue so I downloaded and installed chrome, but when I type in a page in URL slot (Google for example) I just get a blank screen? The browser bar shows the loader loading it and then nothing, so I've gone to opera mini... but I was really excited for chrome..

I was pretty excited for chrome too but mine doesn't work properly either. I could load pages when I first installed but now I get a blank screen too. The tab menu is blank when I click the tab icon so I can't switch tabs either. Really annoying that chrome works properly on so few devices whilst iphone gets themselves a nice version. I'm using quick ics browser for now

In other news, I did a full wipe of my phone and did a clean install of v7.0 along with faux's 1.0 kernel and my battery life has improved so far. Phone feels rather sluggish though, especially compared to faux's 1.3ghz kernel.

tatperson

Oct 2, 2010
Singapore
I was pretty excited for chrome too but mine doesn't work properly either. I could load pages when I first installed but now I get a blank screen too. The tab menu is blank when I click the tab icon so I can't switch tabs either. Really annoying that chrome works properly on so few devices whilst iphone gets themselves a nice version. I'm using quick ics browser for now

In other news, I did a full wipe of my phone and did a clean install of v7.0 along with faux's 1.0 kernel and my battery life has improved so far. Phone feels rather sluggish though, especially compared to faux's 1.3ghz kernel.

That's because we don't have hardware acceleration right now.

Sent from that Atrix.

TravisAntonio

Jul 14, 2011
Santo Domingo
If you all want updates then make it yourself, let devs have a little rest they're humans just like you all are. A little off-topic but I had to say this.

Why not better go deeper with the ROM and try to find useful things for it, so when the dev comes back you can also help him to make CM9 better for the Atrix? I think is a good idea and you can guys even make a group for it somewhere.

rowaweb

Jul 5, 2006
You know what would be like really cool, almost epic?

Composing a simple list like:

Working
GSM

borked
video recording
native apps

in the first post of this thread. Im not able to read 900 pages in my lifetime (e.g. i would like to know if the finger print unlock is working by now). That would really help i guess. As im not checking this thread every day or so, im not able to follow development.

Zeljko1234

May 7, 2010
Stockholm
I don't wish to be rude but if you don't have time to follow development then you should just stick with official rom. Jokersax and other developers spend a lot of his time to develop this rom and you should respect it.

octahedron

Apr 24, 2012
I don't wish to be rude but if you don't have time to follow development then you should just stick with official rom. Jokersax and other developers spend a lot of his time to develop this rom and you should respect it.

I think you are unnecessarily rude. What he asked for is something that's common in a lot of threads involving custom mods. There's a lot of other custom rom threads out there and more than a couple have page counts that go into the hundreds. I wouldn't mind helping to create a list of things that work/still buggy so Joker can put it in the OP. It would be very helpful for those deciding whether or not to install this rom.

rowaweb:

What is it that you're wondering about specifically?

Reactions: MorfeuZ

mafiarock93

May 20, 2012
ho chi minh
yeah like there wasnt a perfect thread listing all the not working stuff. he only needs to use search in general...instead of creating a useless comment. and niw everybodys gonna argue about it for pages. its a dev thread, keep it that way

Please please everybody stay calm,this is the place where we share experience not for argument

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

rowaweb

Jul 5, 2006
Zeljko1234 said:
if you don't have time to follow development then you should just stick with official rom
What? Do you even know what development is? Im pretty sure not. There are 900+ pages in here, i guess not even 5% is even 'development' related. Following development is not reading 10 pages of daily internet noise - in my opinion. I have not offended jokersax's work in any way so i really dont see why you act like a... you know, that.

yeah like there wasnt a perfect thread listing all the not working stuff. he only needs to use search in general...instead of creating a useless comment. and niw everybodys gonna argue about it for pages. its a dev thread, keep it that way

Thats a very useful piece of information you provided there. Instead just providing the link, you created a useless comment yourself.

With all the respect sir, i guess this thread would be ALOT shorter if those questions could be answered just by checking one post. I cant even tell if there were updates since my last visit. What i do: Try to find information about it in this thread full of small talk. Other ppl just leave a message, over and over, and it gets even more full in here.

Since you said this is a dev-thread, i wonder whats the purpose of such a thread if its not allowed to talk about the development?

octahedron said:
What is it that you're wondering about specifically?
I would specifically wonder whether it is possible to unlock using the fingerprint reader like on stock. This feature is kinda important for me so, thanks

Is this ROM just the same as the photon ROM? The Github page of Jokersax just shows pushes to the photon-dev-team branch. The Atrix-Dev-Team's branch does not contain any changes (except made by turl). Whats the proper repository to track changes? Im looking forward following that rather than harassing this forum with my dev-unrelated-question about a ROM in development.

Last edited:

octahedron

Apr 24, 2012
Thats a very useful piece of information you provided there. Instead just providing the link, you created a useless comment yourself.

With all the respect sir, i guess this thread would be ALOT shorter if those questions could be answered just by checking one post. I cant even tell if there were updates since my last visit. What i do: Try to find information about it in this thread full of small talk. Other ppl just leave a message, over and over, and it gets even more full in here.

Since you said this is a dev-thread, i wonder whats the purpose of such a thread if its not allowed to talk about the development?

I would specifically wonder whether it is possible to unlock using the fingerprint reader like on stock. This feature is kinda important for me so, thanks

Is this ROM just the same as the photon ROM? The Github page of Jokersax just shows pushes to the photon-dev-team branch. The Atrix-Dev-Team's branch does not contain any changes (except made by turl). Whats the proper repository to track changes? Im looking forward following that rather than harassing this forum with my dev-unrelated-question about a ROM in development.

There is a finger print unlocker but you have to download and flash it separately. The link for it is found in the OP. As to how well it works, I can't say since I don't use it.

And from what I gather, this is the same rom that's used for photon since they're both essentially the same phone.

Reactions: rowaweb

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Kanged CM9 Alpha build is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    **[B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Disclaimer[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]**
     * these are alphas so understand that means things are broken
     * I am not part of the Cyanogenmod Team
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Change Logs Disabled during alpha, please read thread. 

[B][U][SIZE="3"]Stages[/SIZE][/U][/B]

* [B]Alpha[/B]- means something major is broken. Goal is to get major stuff working

* [B]Beta[/B]- means little things are still broke but most big stuff is fixed. Goal to clean up code and fix little issues so we can submit to cm to become official

* [B]Stable[/B]- official cm rom. 

* [B]After stable[/B]- tweaking, Also adding features.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 9?, or coming from another ROM?

1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    3. Perform a factory reset.
    4. Flash This ROM.
    5. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9?

1. Flash CyanogenMod
    2. flash gapps

Wanna downgrade, simply wipe

Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:

ROM: Link
    Latest version: check site
    Gapps: Link
    Latest version: check site

Other

Credits:
    joxersax11 turl alpha18omega shabbypenguin ebbinger_413 sky24987 DethMetalz69 cougarcougar Focus.lau mrinehart93 Cyanogenmod Team koush/romracer shabbypenguin - ranmasaotome510 - updated OP

The Photon dev team and turl would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    Well, here it is then :)

Code:
    483e564d002a82c5e7861355b9064202  gapps-ics-20120207.zip
    7c8bd2fa1fe978dba0aef55329e4a936  update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-Atrix-KANG-signed.zip

Some tips:
    1. Please don't kill my server, it's just a little VPS :)
    2. If you have issues, wipe
    3. If you have duplicate apps and derpage, format /system, flash CM, flash gapps
    4. No support
    5. No ETAs
    6. Thank the south korean guy :) http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22322714&postcount=561
    7. I'm not responsible if your dog eats you while flashing or whatever. You know the deal :)
    8. Camcorder doesn't/won't work
    9. Enjoy!
    Guys a lot of family issues came up I will be fixing everything soon. Just remember life comes before free software.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA
    fun facts about cm9 by me

135 countries downloaded cm9 on jokersax.com
    100 terabytes transferred.
    3000 pm's
    10000+ comments between two threads
    Over 2 millions views
    Both threads were 1 and 2 for xda for several weeks.
    200+ referring websites
    150000 attempted attacks
    Someone is using Netscape :what: seriously 500 dollar phone and you're using windows 3.1???
    IPhone 5.2 and 5.3???
    Funniest comment denied "tenga egg video" umm no
    Best pm "bj for your hard work?" I didn't accept as I ended up with the girl that motivated me to get into Android dev'ing.
    Proudest moment: several nvidia workers telling me about cm9 by me before they knew who I was.
    Funniest webmaster email: angry wife claiming I hypnotized her husband into my cult.
    Hardest fix to find, that stupid semicolon :banghead:
    Easiest fix: doing nothing and magically something starts working.

Just a few fun facts

Sent from my MB855 using XDA
    Camera might be fixed today

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App